What's new

Scorpion General Discussion

I dunno, if BS is active... BS + Death Spin alone does significantly more. Reborn doesn't even really GET an ender/finisher now that I think about it x.x
Yes BS is a good potential damage and extra threat. I am always smiling after any hit with BS. :)
That's fit to the patient gameplay but not always has the room to pick it up.

To bo honest I do not use DS ender anymore as I found 212+4 better for me.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Yes BS is a good potential damage and extra threat.
To bo honest I do not use DS ender anymore as I found 212+4 better for me.
Yeah 212+4 is better oki. Tho for Reborn what would you end with? Only thing I can think of after 2 hellports is f3...4, spear which is reasonably hard to do... f3...1,1,spear is easier but less damage.

I think without any add-on moves, Scorpion's best combo is probably B14, hellport, f3...4, hellport, 4, spear.

Last edited:
Yeah 212+4 is better oki. Tho for Reborn what would you end with? Only thing I can think of after 2 hellports is f3...4, spear which is reasonably hard to do... f3...1,1,spear is easier but less damage.

I think without any add-on moves, Scorpion's best combo is probably B14, hellport, f3...4, hellport, 4, spear.
For reborn: 112.
I do different combo as I posted I do not know if it optimal though but at least consistent. :)
I always use practical combos even if it is 1-2% less damage.

Anyone notice what a sick anti-air Searing Rage Scorpion's df4 is? It's also a somewhat decent callout on people blocking your d1s and d1ing them back. Gets you punished hard from that range though.
Scorpion himself gets a free spear for a punish, I bet there's a lot of characters that can do even better.

Anyways df4 beats crossups, sometimes even hits people behind you, has something like 11 frames of startup and is so much safer than d2 if people empty jump since it still catches them due to its humungous range.

There's also so many air attacks that are straight up und2able on reaction. Shit like Kitana's and Shao Kahn's jump-ins get eaten up by that move. I'll learn both variations because I start to see merit in both of them for different matchups.

Last edited:
Been messing around with Scorp’s Fatal Blow damage boost. I’ve only been able to get damage up to 325 from the original 310.

Also seems like you can only boost hits 2-7.

To boost damage press 3 when the attack hits on FB.
What the fuck man? I didn't believe it until I tried it.
Usually I take a sip to drink while FB is running. I guess that's out of the window now.

I just did 327. Bet it goes up to 330 with the right timing.

edit: 332 lol this shit is nuts.

Last edited:
What the fuck man? I didn't believe it until I tried it.
Usually I take a sip to drink while FB is running. I guess that's out of the window now.

I just did 327. Bet it goes up to 330 with the right timing.
Yup! It does 285-290 damage if your opponent defends it and you don’t boost lol.

Man I just got bodied by a Reborn Scorpion.

Looked a bit into his combos and his damage is not much lower than Searing Rage.
Fuck it, I'll switch to him, even though I know I lost because I'm trash and not because of the variation, I feel like Reborn is that much stronger. That hellport cancel is a real mixup while f32 is just shenanigans that will get your ass punished.
searing rage's real advantage is the damage and more strings. it also buffs your throws and throws are pretty big in mk11

So can someone tell me what b141 is for? As far as I can tell since they took out it's special cancel it's probably his most useless string. Sometimes it'll check people trying to act against b14 if they think you'll do just b14 and they end up getting hit by the rest of the string but that is not a risk worth running. Other characters have 3 button strings that are special cancelable. Why can't scorpion? I mean he's about to be inevitably nerfed

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
So can someone tell me what b141 is for? As far as I can tell since they took out it's special cancel it's probably his most useless string. Sometimes it'll check people trying to act against b14 if they think you'll do just b14 and they end up getting hit by the rest of the string but that is not a risk worth running. Other characters have 3 button strings that are special cancelable. Why can't scorpion? I mean he's about to be inevitably nerfed
B141 can be used as a somewhat decent finisher I guess. I doubt it was ever intended to be for anything past just 'oh, a quick 4 hit short damage chain'.

He better not get nerfed. There is absolutely NO reason to... if NRS nerfs him based on losers crying coz they can't GIT GUD, I'll be screaming for THEIR characters to get nerfed just because I want it so. Turnabout is fair play indeed.

Finisher string. If you’re not aware, MK 11 has an auto mechanic called “last Breath” & “chip avoided”. They automatically use your defensive meters to avoid losing by a chip damage victory. Since b141 is 4 hit string, it beats this comeback mechanic lol.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
I think we should go into Skarlet and Jade threads and scream that she can throw projectiles high and low, this is unfair and she needs to be nerfed.

We should also go into Sonya, Cassie, etc threads and scream about how they can pop up for FREE without having to even do a special move, nevermind burn meter, and that this is unfair and needs to be nerfed.

Then we should go into threads for any character where they can cancel off of the 3rd hit of any string and scream this is unfair and should be nerfed. I mean why not? Its unfair because Scorpion can't, so why can they? This is clearly unfair and must be nerfed!

No, no, nevermind actual factual reasons why.... they should be nerfed because WAAH I WANT IT TO BE SO!

I labbed flawless blocking F34 and found the following result:
  1. Scorpion U2/u3 is possible but need to be fast as U2 is a bit slow (good for other characters).
  2. as F32 comes in the same frame as F34 it is flawless blocked too - however Scorpion's U2 is beaten by the 3rd hit. But U3 which is faster (but probably the point is it is invulnerable) works.
  3. F32xxtele (which is common commitment as raw F32xxDS is still big risk for less reward lol): beats both U2, U3.
I tried to react F32 or F34 FB with random AI attacks but with "string confirm" I missed the U2 punish in case of F34. And it was in practice room in a match you try to watch for the staggers too...

4. F3xx tele (for bigger commitment of mashing than F34 with Reborn or what not read lol): blocked with Flawless block timing (not flawless block).

Conclusion for me: Searing rage F32 threat is a still a big risk/reward both against mashing / flawless blocking on read. Big risk for covering 2 options.
Of course the less risk and more clean version is still stagger F3 vs F34. After F34 krushing blow it can keep the threat for staggers.

I do not know if it was useful but shared.
Please nerf? :)

Last edited:

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
everytime I play against a Scorp, I'm tempted to just drop Noob for him. The only reason I'm not a Scorp main is that Noob is literally my favorite MK character ever.

Bar_Bar13

Friendly Neighborhood Spectre
everytime I play against a Scorp, I'm tempted to just drop Noob for him. The only reason I'm not a Scorp main is that Noob is literally my favorite MK character ever.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Nevermind that Noob has far better damage options than Scorpion...

Finisher string. If you’re not aware, MK 11 has an auto mechanic called “last Breath” & “chip avoided”. They automatically use your defensive meters to avoid losing by a chip damage victory. Since b141 is 4 hit string, it beats this comeback mechanic lol.
That can't possibly be what it's for. I don't even think that string does enough chip for that. I can't even see using it as an ender in combos since it juggles weird over something like 112

That can't possibly be what it's for. I don't even think that string does enough chip for that. I can't even see using it as an ender in combos since it juggles weird over something like 112
Last Breath means you can only take 1 more hit of chip from whatever attack. Any string with 3 or more hits can be used to beat the last breath mechanic.

Reality is every string isn’t useful. Example, MK9 Scorpion’s vortex starter string. F214 if I remember correctly. Since f21 xx tp was the vortex starter, you never seen the entire string used. It was literally useless lol.

Last Breath means you can only take 1 more hit of chip from whatever attack. Any string with 3 or more hits can be used to beat the last breath mechanic.

Reality is every string isn’t useful. Example, MK9 Scorpion’s vortex starter string. F214 if I remember correctly. Since f21 xx tp was the vortex starter, you never seen the entire string used. It was literally useless lol.
I was always wondering why NRS puts lot of useless strings to the game.
MKX was full of bad but good looking moves.
Injustice 2 was a bit more clean - and MK11 looks good too.

Probably due to entertainment... B141 looks cool too lol.