What's new

Scorpion General Discussion

I am a scorp player but to be fair I agree with his argument. If it is fully punishable anyway by just continuing to hold block why should our opponents have the punished window reduced and their punish timing varied because we are able to input the meter burn late. If the goal is to have the move (which is a full screen tracking launcher btw) be full combo punishable why not just make us input the meterburn when we input the tele like it always has been? Other than making it unnecessarily harder to punish what is the justification for us being able to input the meter burn late?
It would not solve the problem as you can control if it is meter burned or not lol.

I think it would be fair to change it as Shao Kahn's charge... on block it can not be meter burned.

That's a good approach to remove the dirt of the game.
Less bullshit is good for the game but less fun for those who like dirt.
I also smile when I see the opponent is hit by amplified tele after blocking the regular lol.

That factor does not matter on medium level either so it is irrelevant to complain about it too much.

I am sure.the devs put it intentionally - to troll the complaining mind people lol.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I get it but it just seems like an odd choice to let us stagger the timing of the meterburn at all. Clearly the intent of the move is to be hella negative and full combo punishable and if you are commiting to an ex teleport on a read (ie outside of a guaranteed punush/hit confirm/reaction to a projectile or whiff) why shouldn't it be an easy punish. How many frames do we have after teleport is blocked to input the meterburn and still have it come out? If we have several frames to do this it seems just unnessesary to me since the move is clearly supposed to be easily punished on block. It is ultimately a non issue as strong players will be able to punish no matter how long you delay but it just seems odd that this is the first time that you dont have to input the meterburn with the teleport and can actually delay it after it has been blocked. Whatever though, if it stays great, maybe ill catch some people snoozing or autopiloting their punish but any competant player will blow us up on block either way
Yeah that’s my point. It changing would do absolutely nothing. So to me, the complaints seem unfounded and unnecessary. Like I said it would make absolutely no difference for me if it’s changed it just doesn’t warrant a change, imo. I don’t think Scorpion should be touched. Tbh I don’t think any character should be touched for awhile other than adding more tournament variations for some characters. Like I know Geras and EB are really good (haven’t personally used them yet) but it’s still early. Let it breathe a bit.

I've been hearing a lot of bullshit about how scorpion's teleport in mk11 is fast (23 frames) but his mkx teleport was 21 frames. I knew I wasn't tripping because some stuff has actually beaten my teleport on the way down the screen. it's more of forcing a read then it is a react. I actually want his teleport to be 21 frames again. also I really miss his 2,1,4 string from mkx

I've been hearing a lot of bullshit about how scorpion's teleport in mk11 is fast (23 frames) but his mkx teleport was 21 frames. I knew I wasn't tripping because some stuff has actually beaten my teleport on the way down the screen. it's more of forcing a read then it is a react. I actually want his teleport to be 21 frames again. also I really miss his 2,1,4 string from mkx
Others want to nerf the teleport, you want to buff it. :)

I think it is way good as it is. Teleport should not be used to just test opponent's reaction time lol that would be silly. But for whiff punish, counter-zone, normal combo launcher.
It works pretty well for that purposes.

It reminds me Supergirl's teleport... It was easy to block with practice but for the first glance it was rather a "test your cross block skill" move lol.

Others want to nerf the teleport, you want to buff it. :)

I think it is way good as it is. Teleport should not be used to just test opponent's reaction time lol that would be silly. But for whiff punish, counter-zone, normal combo launcher.
It works pretty well for that purposes.

It reminds me Supergirl's teleport... It was easy to block with practice but for the first glance it was rather a "test your cross block skill" move lol.
I mean there's no reason for teleport to be nerfed. people wanna get antsy against scorpion and just get hit by teleport. I just want to revert it back to it's original form. I'm not trying to test reactions. I'm trying react on projectiles and get my proper teleport punishes. even though all people talked about was how hard teleports are to block in injustice because there's no block button

I mean there's no reason for teleport to be nerfed. people wanna get antsy against scorpion and just get hit by teleport. I just want to revert it back to it's original form. I'm not trying to test reactions. I'm trying react on projectiles and get my proper teleport punishes. even though all people talked about was how hard teleports are to block in injustice because there's no block button
It was hard yes. And cross up blocking was difficult too. Here I see semiij cross uping with Kitana like he did in injustice just the opponent has much easier time to block it lol.

Back to teleport: with that 23F it is already possible to react to the projectiles do not worry about that. :)
Faster is better but it is fast enough for the job. Maybe you need to be 2 frame faster now lol.

It was hard yes. And cross up blocking was difficult too. Here I see semiij cross uping with Kitana like he did in injustice just the opponent has much easier time to block it lol.

Back to teleport: with that 23F it is already possible to react to the projectiles do not worry about that. :)
Faster is better but it is fast enough for the job. Maybe you need to be 2 frame faster now lol.
blocking cross ups like jumps weren't difficult it was just the teleports for people when scorpion came in to inj1. i can react but sometimes scorpion doesn't leave the screen fast enough to punish. please stop smiling. you're creeping me out.

Anyone finding Scorp to have particularly tough matchups? I find myself struggling more with players than characters, with a couple notoriously broken exceptions.

chrisofrays

Fish can hear you thinkin just before you sneeze
So im currently just learning as many characyers as i can. I want to learn scorpion next. Is there a guide on how to use misery blade effectively?

scorpions teleport seems like it can punish all projectiles on reaction, his combo potential after hitting a raw amplified tele is insane.

scorpions teleport seems like it can punish all projectiles on reaction, his combo potential after hitting a raw amplified tele is insane.
Not just seems: it punishes it hard lol. That's the main point of Scorpion counter zoning capability.
In a tournament I saw Kitana fan punish on reaction and it was not even full screen.

I also try to punish everything with teleport - it was pretty core gameplan in MKX too.
That's one thing I really like in him. :) I rather use teleports against zoning than participate in a projectile war. I am not fan of zoning at all but I respect it.

Not just seems: it punishes it hard lol. That's the main point of Scorpion counter zoning capability.
In a tournament I saw Kitana fan punish on reaction and it was not even full screen.
I also try to punish everything with teleport - it was pretty core gameplan in MKX too.
Projectile recovery seems so much slower in this game than previous MK’s. Scorpion seriously is a monster in this game from what’s I have played of him lol.

Projectile recovery seems so much slower in this game than previous MK’s. Scorpion seriously is a monster in this game from what’s I have played of him lol.
Yes he is strong. But there are many monsters in this game so that's cool.
Everyone can find his character who fits to his playstyle without worrying about the viability of the char.

Of course on pro level that's different. :)

Man I just got bodied by a Reborn Scorpion.

Looked a bit into his combos and his damage is not much lower than Searing Rage.
Fuck it, I'll switch to him, even though I know I lost because I'm trash and not because of the variation, I feel like Reborn is that much stronger. That hellport cancel is a real mixup while f32 is just shenanigans that will get your ass punished.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Reborn will struggle to get damage over 35% even with 2 bars and you'll only be seeing that damage if you land an ideal combo ie b14, hellport amp, f3... 4, hellport amp... finisher. For the most part he's tickling 20-25%.

Its only a problem if you fall for the mixup every time, then ok all those 20-25% tickles add up.

Man I just got bodied by a Reborn Scorpion.

Looked a bit into his combos and his damage is not much lower than Searing Rage.
Fuck it, I'll switch to him, even though I know I lost because I'm trash and not because of the variation, I feel like Reborn is that much stronger. That hellport cancel is a real mixup while f32 is just shenanigans that will get your ass punished.
Lol I do not think so it is much stronger but different. And matter of playstyle. If you do not like the teleport cancel mixup you just force yourself into a position which you are not comfortable enough = you will be even more "trash". :)

But of course it is worth a shot. I want to do it too just I am comfortable enough with Searing Rage and F32 gives me the confidence of the F3 staggers (it is probably a fabrication as without that the F34 is the real mixup just I believe the opponent can be more mashy if the F34 krushing blow is done).
Other than that I just use and like the 212+4 ender (instead of 112 ender)... and occasionally the BS.

And play the footsie and whiff punish game which is just as strong as with the cancel version.
I did not play too many match ups though.

Maybe the cancel version gives different threat and the opponent can be more freezed in neutral I do not know lol. I will try it too.

If you are on PS we can play and learn from each other. :) If the ping is not that bad - 250 ping scorpion is deadly lol.

Reborn will struggle to get damage over 35% even with 2 bars and you'll only be seeing that damage if you land an ideal combo ie b14, hellport amp, f3... 4, hellport amp... finisher. For the most part he's tickling 20-25%.

Its only a problem if you fall for the mixup every time, then ok all those 20-25% tickles add up.
I think the damage is pretty okay with Reborn too.
Main combo: F3|B14|11 xx hell port amp, j3, hell port amp, 112 (or spear ender) : 34-36%
For 1 bar 26-29%

Not so different... instead of F32 you can do F3... and instead of 212+4 you use 112. Others are the same.

You might be using wrong combos if you do 20% though.

20-25% usually if you start with the Hellport, without a chain leading into it.
Ok lol that's fair. But I think the damage difference is still the same between the 2 variations... You do the same combo after hell port starter with the small adjustment due to missing strings. Pretty marginal.

Shirakani

BBQ on Scorpion's head
Ok lol that's fair. But I think the damage difference is still the same between the 2 variations... You do the same combo after hell port starter with the small adjustment due to missing strings. Pretty marginal.
I dunno, if BS is active... BS + Death Spin alone does significantly more. Reborn doesn't even really GET an ender/finisher now that I think about it x.x