What's new

Scorpion General Discussion

No problem with high tier characters until you can also fight with them with your character.
I think it is much more fun and entertain

Don't underestimate the threat of F32. That's why F3 stagger works even better.

I can't argue with teleport cancel play either.
Its lucky that both variations are good. Not every character can say this.

I like that with BS the throw is 174 lol.
Both are good variations. I'd say Searing Rage (SR) is a bit more versatile. Death Spin increases his range, while f32 ups his offense. You can play lame or aggressive with SR. Reborn (RB) is much more defensive imo.

played him in the beta, been labbing sub and cassie so far but wanna secondary scorp again,

also, how do I cancel his teleport?

Ok so the mb teleport on block needs to go away. I said the contrary in another thread, but you really can stagger the teleport now and get away with murder. The move is already too strong in a game so footsies based. You see even pro player doing fake out jump kicks into teleport and catching you. This move should be a hard commit or you choose the cancel variation.
No move should be able to be amped on block. I hated the fact that Shinnok could do it in MKX. It does need to be nerfed.

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
I need some help understanding frame data.
Someone simply explained what jailing is to me.
So that means if I hit someone with a d1(+10hit adv.)
Then my s1(7f) should at least link into the hit advantage within the available 3f.

I need some help understanding frame data.
Someone simply explained what jailing is to me.
So that means if I hit someone with a d1(+10hit adv.)
Then my s1(7f) should at least link into the hit advantage within the available 3f.
A string or attack where blocking one hit forces you to block a whole string.

Jump in punch > string is a jail

d3 > 112 or 212 is a jail if d3 hits.

Reauxbot

A string or attack where blocking one hit forces you to block a whole string.

Jump in punch > string is a jail

d3 > 112 or 212 is a jail if d3 hits.
So why won’t any other string jail then?
Frames says that d1 should jail into s1 .
I’m trying to learn this so I can figure frames out independently fir other characters
Know what I mean

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Ok so the mb teleport on block needs to go away. I said the contrary in another thread, but you really can stagger the teleport now and get away with murder. The move is already too strong in a game so footsies based. You see even pro player doing fake out jump kicks into teleport and catching you. This move should be a hard commit or you choose the cancel variation.
That makes no sense. There’s no guess. Raw blocked teleport is -20, meaning you have ample amount of time to remain blocking in case they do amp teleport, and can stIll VERY easily punish it if they don’t. And if they do amplify it, it’s still super punishable at -14.

Y’all need to complain less and lab more.

So why won’t any other string jail then?
Frames says that d1 should jail into s1 .
I’m trying to learn this so I can figure frames out independently fir other characters
Know what I mean
1st rule of frame data is that it doesn't tell you everything.

I know with Scorp he cant go into 112 or 212 off a d1 on hit. The opponent can poke you before they hit because they're high hitting moves. They can also neutral crouch. D3 on hit will allow you to go into those high strings without being interrupted.

d1 is +9, & d3 is +10 on hit. It's only 1 frame, but the difference could be the recovery state. D1 probably recovers in a crouching state, while d3 is probably a standing state. Just my guess, but I'll test it.

EDIT: Tested it. d1 > 112 or 212 will miss 9/10 times. D3 > 112 or 212 will hit 10/10 times.

Last edited:

Reauxbot

I know with Scorp he cant go into 112 or 212 off a d1 on hit. The opponent can poke you before they hit because they're high hitting moves. They can also neutral crouch. D3 on hit will allow you to go into those high strings without being interrupted.

d1 is +9, & d3 is +10 on hit. It's only 1 frame, but the difference could be the recovery state. D1 probably recovers in a crouching state, while d3 is probably a standing state. Just my guess, but I'll test it.
Thank you, cause I’m sitting in lab tryna get this nonsense figured out.
I take it there’s a such thing as standing frames?
I remember street fighter had landed frames

Thank you, cause I’m sitting in lab tryna get this nonsense figured out.
I take it there’s a such thing as standing frames?
I remember street fighter had landed frames
Probably, idk for sure. I'm working on a short video guide to help Scorp players though.

I know with Scorp he cant go into 112 or 212 off a d1 on hit.
That's not true. I have shit execution and even I can jail into 21 off d1. Maybe not online but offline easily.
It's actually super useful against people who love to hit d1 all the time and an easy hit confirm into Hellport. Just need to practice that a little.

That's not true. I have shit execution and even I can jail into 21 off d1. Maybe not online but offline easily.
It's actually super useful against people who love to hit d1 all the time and an easy hit confirm into Hellport. Just need to practice that a little.
Go into training, record the dummy using d1 > 112 or 212. Let the d1 hit you and spam your d1. It will interrupt every single time sir.

EDIT: Tested it. d1 > 112 or 212 will miss 9/10 times. D3 > 112 or 212 will hit 10/10 times.
I could hit pretty consistently s1 after d1. S2 is more strict but possible. I think only 21 string is worth the effort as it is hit confirmable and on block you are still 2.

But need to be sharp even if you dont hitconfim D1.

I could counter my friend who spammed D1.
I do not know if there is any match up dependent stuff which can break it.
Maybe some character can low profile S1..

Nah. WE need good moves in the game. Otherwise it becomes boring AF.
Teleport would still be good if it
No, I've seen most of your nonsensical posts. You don't get to stagger a special that breaks the neutral. Scorpion has never had this. In fact, no character including supergirl has ever had this. Move along.
Fax NRS said they wanted a neutral focused game lol. TP amp on block aint it.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
No, I've seen most of your nonsensical posts. You don't get to stagger a special that breaks the neutral. Scorpion has never had this. In fact, no character including supergirl has ever had this. Move along.
There’s zero guessing involved. Since the reg teleport is -20, as I said, there’s plenty of time to remain blocking to cover both options and punish. Him never having it before is not a legitimate argument, lol.

So again, actually practice offline once in awhile instead of playing online and basing your opinions off of it. You’ll be much better off, I believe in you buddy.

If they removed at least no more complains. And no more wasted offensive meter on block lol - as on even medium level players will punish it.
Bullshit factor removed... the hope... will it still work??? Please hit into amp tele lol.
Without bullshit factor it is less party but more clean game.
I dont like dirt so I am ok with that.

There’s zero guessing involved. Since the reg teleport is -20, as I said, there’s plenty of time to remain blocking to cover both options and punish. Him never having it before is not a legitimate argument, lol.

So again, actually practice offline once in awhile instead of playing online and basing your opinions off of it. You’ll be much better off, I believe in you buddy.
It's not a guess, but you gotta admit it's dumb lol.

Reauxbot

So I’ve been practicing jailing.
Should it “kounter hit” to count as a legit jail?