What's new

Scorpion General Discussion

Matix218

Get over here!
I already wrote it. It works 100% consistency: F3, dash, 11.

I use it with SR too as it can bait breakaway perfectly (112 vs 11xx spear).

Others may not do the lab work just win CB.
Thanks! So do you use the dash on male characters too just for consistency/ muscle memory?

Thanks! So do you use the dash on male characters too just for consistency/ muscle memory?
Against males I think I do not tire my finger lol. But I do it many times and comes to my mind (it was a waste).

If I forget it against a female and drop once I say "oh f*ck" and will do it again.

Against females if you do perfect timing the dash is not needed. But the extra dash makes it comfortable I think.

It works for me. I am curious about your experience.

Matix218

Get over here!
Against males I think I do not tire my finger lol. But I do it many times and comes to my mind (it was a waste).

If I forget it against a female and drop once I say "oh f*ck" and will do it again.

Against females if you do perfect timing the dash is not needed. But the extra dash makes it comfortable I think.

I will try the dash out after work tonight and let you know. Thanks!

Matix218

Get over here!

Yup, you were right, as long as you dash between f3 and 11 on female characters you can hit 112 ender (and the 11 spear too) every time. Thanks bud!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
On oki (opponents wakeup), been trying out @SHAOLIN’s Block, D1 f3 option select. Works pretty well. If they wakeup throw you tech, if they back roll the f3 can connect, if they wakeup u2/u3 you block, if they forward roll you teleport. The teleport can be blocked though.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
Just skimming through and just curious about one thing, is Hellport reset not mainly use and is S4 reset better?

OutworldKeith

Premium
Premium Supporter
so what is scorpion supposed to do against things like liu kang f4 staggers or jax f3 staggers
F4,3,u3 has a gap before u3.

You can jab punish it, f/block u2 punish it, f/block then punish it, etc. he has plenty of options.

I just keep it simple with d3. It beats all of his options except for f4,3 xx low fireball. Good thing is it’s punishable.

With Jax I like to just block his f3 string.

F4,3,u3 has a gap before u3.

You can jab punish it, f/block u2 punish it, f/block then punish it, etc. he has plenty of options.

I just keep it simple with d3. It beats all of his options except for f4,3 xx low fireball. Good thing is it’s punishable.

With Jax I like to just block his f3 string.
I know the liu kang gap but I couldn't interrupt at all in like 100+ ping. I feel like if I'm blocking jax I've already lost.

On oki (opponents wakeup), been trying out @SHAOLIN’s Block, D1 f3 option select. Works pretty well. If they wakeup throw you tech, if they back roll the f3 can connect, if they wakeup u2/u3 you block, if they forward roll you teleport. The teleport can be blocked though.
Against anybody who knows about that OS it is full combo punishable on forward roll. And in the corner the forward roll is the most valueable and probably most common wake up anyway - for those who does not know about the OS (but they might just start mashing and get caught by teleport once).

I prefer using my brain on OKI lol. But it looks like Scorpion can not be brainded on this either (just against ignorant people).

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Against anybody who knows about that OS it is full combo punishable on forward roll. And in the corner the forward roll is the most valueable and probably most common wake up anyway - for those who does not know about the OS (but they might just start mashing and get caught by teleport once).

I prefer using my brain on OKI lol. But it looks like Scorpion can not be brainded on this either (just against ignorant people).
Even in the corner it's strong, maybe even stronger. Instead of having to worry about all their options to WU or escape the corner like most characters would, all you have to do is make a 50/50 read. Will they Forward Roll so you'll grab, or will they do anything else so you'll OS. It makes his corner game stronger than most.

Gonna be using this myself whenever possible.

I haven't dabbled with the OS but it sounds great. Does it only work on "long" input leniency?

Because I'm thinking of changing that to medium due to how often I get Death Spin when trying to walk forward into f4 or Burning Spear when trying to sweep.

I know the liu kang gap but I couldn't interrupt at all in like 100+ ping. I feel like if I'm blocking jax I've already lost.
If you mash at all during blockstun you usually get counter hit. You gotta really wait for the gap, then you get through with your poke or 11, 100% as the gap is huge.

Matix218

Get over here!
Does anyone have a list of all of the characters that have the "female hitbox" that require the additional combo dash ro be consistent? The reason I ask is because I am pretty sure I had read somewhere that some female characters actually have the male hitbox and some male characters (iirc johnny cage?) have the smaller hitbox.

Even in the corner it's strong, maybe even stronger. Instead of having to worry about all their options to WU or escape the corner like most characters would, all you have to do is make a 50/50 read. Will they Forward Roll so you'll grab, or will they do anything else so you'll OS. It makes his corner game stronger than most.

Yes it is strong of course. And dirty like hell of course. :)
And predictible.
I think Scorpion has already good corner game without OS. Being unpredictible is worth the effort and makes you better player.
But it is personal preference.

Against OS the risk reward is in the defenders favor I think (full combo vs a potential throw as he can tech it).

But do not worry 99% of the players will never know what happens. :)

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator

The only problem is if they jump on wakeup. Was doing this last night and my opponent started neutral jumping on wakeup so my f3 was whiffing. But you kinda condition them to jump, so it’s easy to punish if you fake the OS.

I can post some clips later if necessary.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
The only problem is if they jump on wakeup. Was doing this last night and my opponent started neutral jumping on wakeup so my f3 was whiffing. But you kinda condition them to jump, so it’s easy to punish if you fake the OS.

I can post some clips later if necessary.
Arghhh, then the million dollar question (concern) is can they punish with NJP-Combo on the way down? That makes it a bit less powerful in the corner. Won't be able to get on until like 10pm Tonight.

Would y’all like to see some match videos from me?
Yea def, always welcome for people like me learning a new character.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Arghhh, then the million dollar question (concern) is can they punish with NJP-Combo on the way down? That makes it a bit less powerful in the corner. Won't be able to get on until like 10pm Tonight.

Yea def, always welcome for people like me learning a new character.
Yes they can. I had to stop doing it. But like I said, once they start doing that you can fake the OS then D2 or another anti air. Maybe even walk back and whiff punish.

Yes they can. I had to stop doing it. But like I said, once they start doing that you can fake the OS then D2 or another anti air. Maybe even walk back and whiff punish.
That was what I pointed out. OS is cool but as soon as they are countering it is back to mind game which forces not doing the OS but other one.

E.g. If you just do a meaty F3/11 on wake up you can counter everything except U3 (and it is not a big deal to eat).
If you sense u3/others you can bait it for more punish.

But this is just my approach.

If the OS has low reward for high risk it is not worth doing it to me. It looks like this now for Scorpion.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
That was what I pointed out. OS is cool but as soon as they are countering it is back to mind game which forces not doing the OS but other one.

E.g. If you just do a meaty F3/11 on wake up you can counter everything except U3 (and it is not a big deal to eat).
If you sense u3/others you can bait it for more punish.

But this is just my approach.

If the OS has low reward for high risk it is not worth doing it to me. It looks like this now for Scorpion.
No the OS is still very good. But since you aren’t meaty’ing they can easily neutral jump or jump out. This is why you gotta mix up the OS with meaty’s. The OS is just one oki option, not the only oki option.