What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Scorpion General Discussion

Which variation do you use the most?

• Total voters
Hellfire Scorp is so fun if you have the execution for it. I'm really starting to feel like Hellfire is just hard/better Inferno.

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces
Idk about you guys, but b2 in ninjitsu has been a GODLY anti air for me. I AA with it so much that the opponent becomes afraid to jump, leaving them grounded for 50/50s, throws, and fake teleport shenanigans.

Gito666

Ninjas > Special Forces
Change B2 to an instant jump kick to teleport and now you have a very scary universal AA that doesn't scale your combos.
Good point. I do do that as well, but against certain characters i don't want to take the chance of losing the air to air, i feel like b2 is a bit safer. Yes, I'm mostly talking about KJ lol

Good point. I do do that as well, but against certain characters i don't want to take the chance of losing the air to air, i feel like b2 is a bit safer. Yes, I'm mostly talking about KJ lol
Characters like that or if for whatever reason I'm losing air to airs I'll just go for a grounded EX teleport. The second hit usually hits them while they're still in the air.

KJs in my experience are hard to condition to not jump but hit them with a JK teleport or grounded EX teleport they'll eventually get the hint to never jump at Scorpion.

There's also gaps in Hellfire's pressure. Everything except 214 run cancel fireball has a gap that can be poked out of by most of the cast and of course armored through.

So just make sure to mix up your pressure and to be safe you should be able to D1 check yourself after those.

Does anyone know the (actual) frames Scorpion is advantage on run cancels? Could be useful to know.

For some reason it's easier for me to squeak out a combo from hellfire if you buffer a fast run cancel as his hands slightly drop. Like, don't watch for it, just do the movements and it combos more. I'm guessing it forces neutral through the animation. It's just more consistent for me.

spin4u

Noob
How do you guys feel vs Quan Chi(summoner) From practice last night his 214 and b314 are safe against him. But with out meter how do you suggest to play him?

Poto2222

"Online is your forte!" - A Wise Man, 2015.
I'm not sure if this has been discussed already, but could anyone help me out with this:
Backdashing through 214? What the hell?

This happened several times, including during a tournament that I attended, where my opponent simply ExSlide'ed through this string on me and then I was eliminated. I was like "Whaaaaaaaaaaat? :confused:"
How is such thing possible, and, more importantly, how the hell I prevent this from happening again? The AI would backdash out of it once in 20 rep or something, so it's totally inconsistent and I have no idea how to trigger this scenario.

Any insight is appreciated!

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
I'm not sure if this has been discussed already, but could anyone help me out with this:
Backdashing through 214? What the hell?

This happened several times, including during a tournament that I attended, where my opponent simply ExSlide'ed through this string on me and then I was eliminated. I was like "Whaaaaaaaaaaat? :confused:"
How is such thing possible, and, more importantly, how the hell I prevent this from happening again? The AI would backdash out of it once in 20 rep or something, so it's totally inconsistent and I have no idea how to trigger this scenario.

Any insight is appreciated!
It's interesting it looks like the later in the animation the 2 connects the less amount of block stun there is therefore allowing a space for opponent's to backdash or armor. I suggest just making sure you get as close as possible with your 214 string.

Slips

Feared by dragons. Desired by virgins.
Guess who just avoided the nerf bat!

Lol. Don't be surprised if they come back to him later on.
Hellfire I imagine will get a nerf someday. Inferno I think is perfect. Ninjitsu needs a buff or two. But no complaints here overall though I can live with what he is. :p