What's new

General/Other - Scorpion Scorpion General Discussion

Which variation do you use the most?

• Total voters
My best guess is that he means flame aura being blocked meaty.

If you want to do this on purpose consistently, it's best to do it on oki from a knockdown with a lot of hit advantage such as F2 or B32F2. Covers delayed wakeup attempts pretty well since they have no choice but to block in the later active frames of the aura activation.
I know about doing it as an oki on knockdown but i was wondering if the same effect, of having the delayed aura hit, be achieved when an opponent is midscreen and on block. because thats what I some how did

I've noticed some high level scorpion players (raptor,immortal,etc.) almost never do the run cancel~21~spear after the exTele. They usually do exTele~spear, avoiding doing the run cancel~21 then spear. Is this because they want to make sure the spear lands since doing run cancels 21 after the exTele can be a bit hard to pull off?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I've noticed some high level scorpion players (raptor,immortal,etc.) almost never do the run cancel~21~spear after the exTele. They usually do exTele~spear, avoiding doing the run cancel~21 then spear. Is this because they want to make sure the spear lands since doing run cancels 21 after the exTele can be a bit hard to pull off?
Its highly dependable of few things, like on a lag game 21~spear can b hard to pull off, i only go for ex tele into spear if i have no stamina, so its understandable.

Its highly dependable of few things, like on a lag game 21~spear can b hard to pull off, i only go for ex tele into spear if i have no stamina, so its understandable.
Yea thanks. But I've seen them avoiding the run cancel~21, and just go with the raw spear after the exTele even if their stamina is full. And in kombat kup that's what a lot do so I'm guessing the online is good enough. I think since the matches are so close, one dropped combo can eliminate you so they just don't even risk it. That's what I think but was just curious.

Xzyj

Noob
Yea thanks. But I've seen them avoiding the run cancel~21, and just go with the raw spear after the exTele even if their stamina is full. And in kombat kup that's what a lot do so I'm guessing the online is good enough. I think since the matches are so close, one dropped combo can eliminate you so they just don't even risk it. That's what I think but was just curious.
Hard to say without seeing the situation, but might be for anti-breaker purposes too.

Hard to say without seeing the situation, but might be for anti-breaker purposes too.
Don't think it's because of the anti-breaker since by the time they exTele~spear the combo is past the breaker point if they'd want to use it. If you look at for example immortal angel in kombat kup not too long ago, (week?) he never did the run cancel.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Don't think it's because of the anti-breaker since by the time they exTele~spear the combo is past the breaker point if they'd want to use it. If you look at for example immortal angel in kombat kup not too long ago, (week?) he never did the run cancel.
No disrespect, but immortal angel is not exactly what you should be looking at as a reference for high level scorpion play.

If the connection is fine and you have stamina, go for it. No reason to leave damage on the table.

Last edited:

DC4-3

Low tier button masher.
What's the best way to practice fuzzy blocking the F2 mixup from Ninjutsu?
Go to practice, record ai doing some f2,f2~slide. The overhead is faster than the slide. Practice timing when to block low so that you cover both options.