What's new

Scorpion Changes I'd Like To See

MURK

Noob
"Proper" changes to scorpion imo would be to take away the teleports ability to be mb canceled on block. Other than that, he is fine

Hitbox issues are needed fixing as a whole so that I do agree with

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
"Proper" changes to scorpion imo would be to take away the teleports ability to be mb canceled on block. Other than that, he is fine

Hitbox issues are needed fixing as a whole so that I do agree with
If all other moves that you can amp on block will be removed, I’ll agree to that change.

Yeah and his only viable competitive variation would be utter garbage.

And in MKX he could at least put people in a blender. He has 0 mixups outside of f3 stagger shenanigans and tele cancel in this game though. Eliminating the threat of tele cancel would mean eliminating Scorpion from competitive play, outside of specific counter picks, which he seems to be used for now anyways.
He’s not a 50/50 character. Vortex Scorpion was garbage anyway. He’s supposed to be played at the mid range. He excels at whiff punishing, and he doesn’t have the tools to stay in your face.

The purpose of the TP cancel is mobility, NOT offense. Some of you guys are getting that messed up.

Are some of you sane scorpion mains actually arguing that scorpion shouldn't have his b141 special cancel back from the reveal build? The string literally does nothing except avoid last breath. How about it would give scorpion decent damage, another nice hit confirmable string and something quite a few characters already have; a 3 hitting special cancelable string.

He’s not a 50/50 character. Vortex Scorpion was garbage anyway. He’s supposed to be played at the mid range. He excels at whiff punishing, and he doesn’t have the tools to stay in your face.

The purpose of the TP cancel is mobility, NOT offense. Some of you guys are getting that messed up.
Let's not get crazy. Mkx vortex scorpion was pretty great even much so that they nerfed. Scorpion wasn't super about the footsie life until mk11

Let's not get crazy. Mkx vortex scorpion was pretty great even much so that they nerfed. Scorpion wasn't super about the footsie life until mk11
Vortex characters are garbage to me. It doesn’t take skill to put someone in a guaranteed mix situation. MK9 Vortex was scarier for the Scorpion player & he died if they guessed right. MKX vortex wasn’t much better. Overhead option was slow af. Took no skill to defend it either. I’m very happy with his redesign.

Vortex characters are garbage to me. It doesn’t take skill to put someone in a guaranteed mix situation. MK9 Vortex was scarier for the Scorpion player & he died if they guessed right. MKX vortex wasn’t much better. Overhead option was slow af. Took no skill to defend it either. I’m very happy with his redesign.
Mkx vortex was way better especially with hellfire. They even nerfed his f2 overhead. Honestly if you were getting hit by his f4 overhead, you deserved it. Super reactable. Also his teleport had some really good hit advantage for the vortex. I mean i just really liked doing hellfire fireball run cancels

Jhob5

Noob
I think you can already hit confirm the b1 string already with the first two hits lol. I practiced this the other day. Yeah the low ender has no point but itd be kinda just an easier confirm.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I think you can already hit confirm the b1 string already with the first two hits lol. I practiced this the other day. Yeah the low ender has no point but itd be kinda just an easier confirm.
Yes you absolutely can. You can also hit confirm f4 into f42 cancel, or go for the safe string if f4 is blocked with f423. Same with b1 into b14 cancel, or go with b143 for safe string. Both leave you negative but safe. Only problem with b143 is now you have to guess vs the opponent, since it leaves you right next to them while you’re negative. So keep that in mind and don’t try to mash after it or you will get hit by everything they do, lol.

Scorpion is 100% fine, idk why anyone would ask for Scorpion buffs. That makes no sense. I at first was okay with TP being changed to a high, but as others have pointed out, it would take away the utility of the TP cancel in the Reborn variation. Because they would just duck and punish both options, rendering the TP cancel to just a gimmick.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
My main gripe is just that Scorpion can't pressure females cause of female hurtbox jank. So if we could lower the hitboxes on his s1 and 2 (I think this is the solution to everyones female hitbox problems) that'd be cool.

f34 KB to do more damage. As of right now I think it's pretty mediocre.

b141 to be special cancelable on the third hit, but come out on block.

I'd be 100% ok with teleport nerfs or whatever if he got these things.
Please, shut up.
DONT TOUCH TP or F3, that is his core moves. Touch TP and you broke character
If you are too lame to play with that character, go play baraka, please.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Why the hell does a top 5 character need buffs? I can’t believe people are downplaying Scorpion now.

NothingPersonal

Are you not entertained!?
So I wanna put a laugh like on this post, but I don't want to like it. Dilema. Scorpion is fine imo. Solid top tier character.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
My main gripe is just that Scorpion can't pressure females cause of female hurtbox jank. So if we could lower the hitboxes on his s1 and 2 (I think this is the solution to everyones female hitbox problems) that'd be cool.

f34 KB to do more damage. As of right now I think it's pretty mediocre.

b141 to be special cancelable on the third hit, but come out on block.

I'd be 100% ok with teleport nerfs or whatever if he got these things.
Fully agree.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
making teleport a high doesnt need to happen, just make it so that the MB portion CANT come out on block, how bout that?
The most popular teleport change so far I hear everyone talk about is:

• Teleport a high
  • MB only work on hit not on whiff or block
  • Cancel more unsafe

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
The teleport being a high request is cancer. It would instantly make his teleport near worthless as a counter to zoning. It would be a purely mid-combo only move like nearly all of his other specials. The amp not coming out on block is one thing but the "make it a high" request is purely people who don't play the character enough to understand just how unsafe it already is. With the possible exception of the cancel variant move. If you play any other variation his teleport is super beatable outside of combos. Learn to block.
It would still hit people recovering from their projectile, unless it’s caddies low gunshot I guess.