What's new

Scorpion Changes I'd Like To See

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
My main gripe is just that Scorpion can't pressure females cause of female hurtbox jank. So if we could lower the hitboxes on his s1 and 2 (I think this is the solution to everyones female hitbox problems) that'd be cool.

f34 KB to do more damage. As of right now I think it's pretty mediocre.

b141 to be special cancelable on the third hit, but come out on block.

I'd be 100% ok with teleport nerfs or whatever if he got these things.

My main gripe is just that Scorpion can't pressure females cause of female hurtbox jank. So if we could lower the hitboxes on his s1 and 2 (I think this is the solution to everyones female hitbox problems) that'd be cool.

f34 KB to do more damage. As of right now I think it's pretty mediocre.

b141 to be special cancelable on the third hit, but come out on block.

I'd be 100% ok with teleport nerfs or whatever if he got these things.
Hitboxes is an issue that plaques MK11, not just Scorpion. Right now you can only pressure “females” in specific situations. I put females in quotations because Cage has that small hitbox, but Jade and Centrion don’t.

B141 being a cancel wouldn’t change his gameplay at all. All of his specials are still unsafe. B143 is good enough.

F34 KB...you know you can combo from this right?

Here’s all the characters who can be pressured with high attacks under “normal” circumstances

Chernyy Volk

Hitboxes is an issue that plaques MK11, not just Scorpion. Right now you can only pressure “females” in specific situations. I put females in quotations because Cage has that small hitbox, but Jade and Centrion don’t.

B141 being a cancel wouldn’t change his gameplay at all. All of his specials are still unsafe. B143 is good enough.

F34 KB...you know you can combo from this right?

Here’s all the characters who can be pressured with high attacks under “normal” circumstances
View attachment 14760

b141 is useless, I'm trying to give it a use. Why do you TYMer's want useless things on characters? lol

As for the hitbox issues yeah, that's universal, and it should be addressed.

f34 leads to mediocre damage regardless especially in Searing Rage. I miss when this worked in the middle of a punish combo.

Chernyy Volk

You know that anyone who knows who you are thinks youre a trash person, right?

Btw, real cute asking for Scorpion buffs. Are you a troll or a moron? Gotta be at least one.
Someone plays Cassie and gets reacted to on low gunshots a lot.

b141 is useless, I'm trying to give it a use. Why do you TYMer's want useless things on characters? lol

As for the hitbox issues yeah, that's universal, and it should be addressed.

f34 leads to mediocre damage regardless especially in Searing Rage. I miss when this worked in the middle of a punish combo.
Why do you want a string to have cancel advantage when it won’t lead to anything useful? It won’t lead to oki, mixup, nothing lol.

F34 KB is what it is. He already hits hard enough.

All the changes he needed to his move set were fixed from the beta.

Bloodfang

The Immortal Tiger
The teleport being a high request is cancer. It would instantly make his teleport near worthless as a counter to zoning. It would be a purely mid-combo only move like nearly all of his other specials. The amp not coming out on block is one thing but the "make it a high" request is purely people who don't play the character enough to understand just how unsafe it already is. With the possible exception of the cancel variant move. If you play any other variation his teleport is super beatable outside of combos. Learn to block.

The teleport being a high request is cancer. It would instantly make his teleport near worthless as a counter to zoning. It would be a purely mid-combo only move like nearly all of his other specials. The amp not coming out on block is one thing but the "make it a high" request is purely people who don't play the character enough to understand just how unsafe it already is. With the possible exception of the cancel variant move. If you play any other variation his teleport is super beatable outside of combos. Learn to block.
It wouldn’t make it a worthless counterzoning tool. People just want to neutral crouch and be able to blow up the TP easily like the older games.

Chernyy Volk

Why do you want a string to have cancel advantage when it won’t lead to anything useful? It won’t lead to oki, mixup, nothing lol.

F34 KB is what it is. He already hits hard enough.

All the changes he needed to his move set were fixed from the beta.
It would give him a risky highest damage whiff punish option. I'd make it so that if it gets blocked the full b141 comes out and he's punishable no matter what.

Chernyy Volk

It wouldn’t make it a worthless counterzoning tool. People just want to neutral crouch and be able to blow up the TP easily like the older games.
Good luck anti zoning against Cassie low gun shot when you won't be able to hit her cause TP is now a high. It works for Noob because he comes up from under you and has immediate hurtbox contact, Scorpion's doesn't.

Professor Oak

Are you a boy or girl?
Someone plays Cassie and gets reacted to on low gunshots a lot.
Excuse me, but Im not sure your lame attempt at insulting humor isnt completely lost on my need for coherent dialogue. Wed all like you a lot better if you were humble and less prone to complain about things you dont understand...

Actually, you tried to profit off of pre day1 patch frame data. I will never like you. I firmly believe you do not belong in this community, which is wild because EVERYONE belongs in this community.

it would not be near worthless, you could still teleport on reaction and blow up projectiles, you could still make a read and teleport, you could also still gamble and teleport when you think it'll hit. However, now people can actually be rewarded for seeing mofo's teleport from the top of the screen and not insteasd be forced to blok it. There is a reason the only people saying not to make it a high are scorpion players.

Yeah and his only viable competitive variation would be utter garbage.

And in MKX he could at least put people in a blender. He has 0 mixups outside of f3 stagger shenanigans and tele cancel in this game though. Eliminating the threat of tele cancel would mean eliminating Scorpion from competitive play, outside of specific counter picks, which he seems to be used for now anyways.

wouldn't tele being high really hurt reborn? Like why would you respect that close telecancel anymore just d1
It would cause the scorpion player to think as opposed just teleporting randomly and cancelling. As it is now scorpion can basically cancel for free except against a really good player. Even then people still get caught by it. No other teleport in the game has the current qualities that scorpions does so I feel at the very least it should be a high like in previous games.