What's new

Scorpion Changes I'd Like To See

colby4898

Special Forces Sonya Up-player
If all other moves that you can amp on block will be removed, I’ll agree to that change.
Why do all others have to be removed just because scorpions could be too good?? Not everything has to be universal.if that’s the rule then Lui kangs flying kick ex should come out on block too, because scorpions teleport and Kano ball does

Let's not get crazy. Mkx vortex scorpion was pretty great even much so that they nerfed. Scorpion wasn't super about the footsie life until mk11
You probably did not play footsie game with Ninjutsu even before his F2 2nd being overhead. Few of "us" played that way. :)

He’s not a 50/50 character. Vortex Scorpion was garbage anyway. He’s supposed to be played at the mid range. He excels at whiff punishing, and he doesn’t have the tools to stay in your face.

The purpose of the TP cancel is mobility, NOT offense. Some of you guys are getting that messed up.
Well said. People are really messed up due to the cheap factor of tele cancel. :)

But people saw Scar vs Foxy and felt confirmed.
Most respect for the highest level players but you could see that this strategy could have been blown up if Foxy punishes teleports properly. What can we expect low-mid level if even highest level they make these mistakes. :)

But everyone plays the game how they like. And how they feel it is right and work.

I stick to mid range footsie game whenever I can. Unfortunately there are certain match ups where "Scar's long range footsie style" is neccessary. But at least Scorpion is not helpless in these situations either (like he was in MKX against heavy pressure characters).

I will play Reborn with the same mentality as Searing Rage and after few 100 matches I will tell if I turned to "tele cancel neutral skipper noob" or just using it other way. Maybe I will be also infected by tele cancel and the fact that people do not counter it properly. :) If I lose the F3 stagger threat too much with Reborn I will switch back as I like it very much. :) And I like F32 very much too. It's a shame it can't be both haha.

Last edited:
What I hate about Reborn is the insane difficulty of combos on female characters. Something simple like starter xx hellport amp, dash, f3, 11 xx bf1 becomes a fucking 1 frame link and you wish you had f32 as a combo filler back.

What I hate about Reborn is the insane difficulty of combos on female characters. Something simple like starter xx hellport amp, dash, f3, 11 xx bf1 becomes a fucking 1 frame link and you wish you had f32 as a combo filler back.
Hold on is it more difficult? I did not notice it.. I do this BnB even with Searing Rage lol.
Please tell me a problematic female character. Let me check.

I started doing starter xx hellport amp, (dash) F3, dash, 212+4 bnb for even better damage lol. That's a bit strict haha. I prefer 11xxBF1, 112 ender though to bait break aways if possible.

I tried against Jacqui and Kitana and if they are good example I think I know what you mean. It is still possible to connect F3, 11 even without dash but needs to be a good early timing F3. If it is a bit late yeah 11 whiffs. Suddenly I do not know if it is easier on males but probably it is. And dashing before F3 helps connecting but if you are late with F3 it is also bad. :)
So dash or not dash but need good timing F3.

Last edited:
You probably did not play footsie game with Ninjutsu even before his F2 2nd being overhead. Few of "us" played that way. :)
Hold your shit. I definitely played ninjitsu too. I played all of scorpion's variations. I just had way more fun with hellfire because of the run cancel system. Don't get it twisted you smiling bastard

It would still hit people recovering from their projectile, unless it’s caddies low gunshot I guess.
That's another thing. You have to make more of a read than a reaction on projectiles like cassie gunshot. I guess that 1 frame difference between his mkx teleport and his mk11 teleport meant something

Him being a douchebag has nothing to do with the validity of his post.
The f34 kb damage buff sounds dumb, but other than that the guy has valid points.

Hitbox issues are annoying and b141 is useless unless you play people who have never touched a fighting game in their lives.
Though I don't know if his suggestion would make it more useful, probably not. Just adds more scaling to the combo if you cancel it late and even a shitter at fighting games like me learned how to hit-confirm b14 into hellport, hp cancel or the 3 ender.

Anyways the hitbox issues are trash and need to be fixed.

Elias6999

Mournful Master
Everyone has useless strings. Scorpion doesn’t need a hit confirmable b141. Scorpion is S tier. Maybe fix the hitbox stuff. He doesn’t need more damage off F34, its already the easiest KB to land in the game

Mkx vortex was way better especially with hellfire. They even nerfed his f2 overhead. Honestly if you were getting hit by his f4 overhead, you deserved it. Super reactable. Also his teleport had some really good hit advantage for the vortex. I mean i just really liked doing hellfire fireball run cancels
Well said. People are really messed up due to the cheap factor of tele cancel. :)

But people saw Scar vs Foxy and felt confirmed.
Most respect for the highest level players but you could see that this strategy could have been blown up if Foxy punishes teleports properly. What can we expect low-mid level if even highest level they make these mistakes. :)

But everyone plays the game how they like. And how they feel it is right and work.

I stick to mid range footsie game whenever I can. Unfortunately there are certain match ups where "Scar's long range footsie style" is neccessary. But at least Scorpion is not helpless in these situations either (like he was in MKX against heavy pressure characters).

I will play Reborn with the same mentality as Searing Rage and after few 100 matches I will tell if I turned to "tele cancel neutral skipper noob" or just using it other way. Maybe I will be also infected by tele cancel and the fact that people do not counter it properly. :) If I lose the F3 stagger threat too much with Reborn I will switch back as I like it very much. :) And I like F32 very much too. It's a shame it can't be both haha.
Personally, I think Foxy doesn’t know that MU, or wasn’t comfortable with it. Scar was simply working the TP in Reborn. He had Foxy scared to do anything.

I still say SR is better than Reborn. I think his Air Throw should be altered. It feels a bit slow for that type of attack. I would like a Klassic MK style air throw for him.

Personally, I think Foxy doesn’t know that MU, or wasn’t comfortable with it. Scar was simply working the TP in Reborn. He had Foxy scared to do anything.

I still say SR is better than Reborn. I think his Air Throw should be altered. It feels a bit slow for that type of attack. I would like a Klassic MK style air throw for him.
I am playing Reborn but tele cancel for getting in is just not fit into my gameplan and even thinking (as I always try to play mid range footsies).

I feel comfortable using it for escaping on block though that is a good support not staying up close when minus - that supports mid range footsie game as well.
For whiff punishing the regular teleport is still good (but tele cancel is better in almost whiff punish cases where normal teleport would not hit but tele cancel gives the possibility to start pressure/throw).

I do not use tele cancel for mixing up people yet (e.g. B14 xx tele cancel into S2 and same "bullshit"). :)

I miss 212+4 though as it was a good ender however it is "just" around 30-40 damage compared to 112.
And I miss F32 too as it was my "taking the risk on read" move lol.
And I miss BS a bit as later I started using it as a down time move full screen. I found it useful even with amplified too.
But without BS, DS, F32 I can not take that risk so the character is more clean fighter.
So for the same risk taking I could start using tele cancel lol and here we go again... But that is not the same risk taking to me (using regular tele or tele cancel to mix up people is out of my "read" control like in case of F32). However tele cancel into tele is a legit risk taking situation LOL.

I do not use the air throw, yet I even forget about that move lol. So interesting play with both variation.

Last edited:

I would only say searing rage is better because of it's damage and it's chip out opportunities. reborn can actually control the pace of the match if you can condition your opponent to not d1 you out of tp cancel. his air throw is ass though. they honestly tacked that on when he could have had any other special but honestly I feel like most of scorpion's specials are ass because of their utility and their bad frames. in mk9 and injustice 1 his throw was more of a damage ender. in mk9 it led to guaranteed hellfire (which is gone now. another special they removed from scorpion's familiar kit)

Yeah tell me how much they're getting hit by it as opposed to every shitter online. Nice logic though
Pick one. You changed your point from casuals get hit by it to pros don't get hit by it often compared to casuals. If pros get hit by random teleports, even occasionally, then your original point is wrong.

Pick one. You changed your point from casuals get hit by it to pros don't get hit by it often compared to casuals. If pros get hit by random teleports, even occasionally, then your original point is wrong.
you're literally reading what you wanna read. my point has always been that casuals are getting hit by random teleport heavily. competent players and pros aren't getting hit by it nearly as much. arguing for the sake of arguing huh

Wigy

There it is...
F34 KB damage buff. F3 being one of the best staggers in the game, it going into a full combo or overhead low in the chain variation and it being a safe hitconfirmable combo starter on KB.

Meanwhile I gotta land a double meterburn parry for a shitty ass KB with cage.

Youre spoiled on scorpion, don't realise how hard other characters gotta work.

you're literally reading what you wanna read. my point has always been that casuals are getting hit by random teleport heavily. competent players and pros aren't getting hit by it nearly as much. arguing for the sake of arguing huh
I’m literally reading what you said word for word in each post. You can go back and see you didn’t say this originally, you may have intended to, but you didn’t say it. Whereas my point, that anybody can get hit by a random teleport, not just “scrubs” has stayed the same.

Matix218

Get over here!
I’m literally reading what you said word for word in each post. You can go back and see you didn’t say this originally, you may have intended to, but you didn’t say it. Whereas my point, that anybody can get hit by a random teleport, not just “scrubs” has stayed the same.
So what, anyone can also block and full combo punish a random teleport too, not just pros.

you're reading but you're also not comprehending. yes anyone can get hit by a random teleport but pros aren't getting hit by it nearly as often as scrubs. scrubs are probably constantly getting hit by it and then running to TYM or ed boon to cry nerf scorpion

F34 KB damage buff. F3 being one of the best staggers in the game, it going into a full combo or overhead low in the chain variation and it being a safe hitconfirmable combo starter on KB.

Meanwhile I gotta land a double meterburn parry for a shitty ass KB with cage.

Youre spoiled on scorpion, don't realise how hard other characters gotta work.
you forgot the part where that overhead low is super fully punishable, fully seeable, and can't be canceled safely.

So what, anyone can also block and full combo punish a random teleport too, not just pros.
Lmao I see what you’re trying to do, but it’s not gonna work. Cuz yes I agree anybody can punish it just like I agree anybody can get hit by it. Regardless of level the two can always occur