What's new

Samurai Shodown 2019 Discussion Thread

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Yes, this is why it's so surprising. Everyone finds it hard to believe.

It was even surprising for the commentator at NLBC.
He was constantly saying what you say: "Why isn't he punishing that? It's a scrub move".

By the end of the tournament he actually admitted that it's overpowered.

I guess this makes everyone down there at NLBC as scrubby as me, who didn't lab the matchup and just crybaby arround the forums right?

Ehhh hehhehehehehehhhhh

Video reference:
Mark 106:

Mark 3270:

Unfortunately for you guys it seems everyone knows the answer to the move: It's broken.
Looks like I'll have to main Galford for the time being then. :coffee:

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Ok.

So, I have a history of sounding off like a real jerk, so apologies for that and for future occurrences.

The main issue here is that while in SamShoV it only triggered on the last hit of a combo, and the input couldn't be mashed since it required 3 reps of forward back and then a down.

Here, it works literally anytime you get hit, so you can't commit to a combo. In the video he did it during a multi hit move like Yoshi's C. Which makes that move useless in this match-up, and catches you while you're still doing the hit.

In SamV it made sure you actually finished your punish so you were ready for it and could move , block and punish accordingly. Here It's a huge buff as he can do it whenever, which makes multi hit moves instantly useless.

This is the biggest issue I have, as opposed to SamV.

Then, the second issue is that it limits your punishes, as for instance if I punish him with Ukyo C after doing a teleport he does it again when I hit him with the first hit and punishes me for punishing him. With d.C is the same. So practically it severly limits my punish options.

I play Ukyo, Jubei and Hanzo. I know what to do because I always like to lab everything, I'm not just talking out of my ass.

My main issue is how it severly limits the options as opposed to any other character in the entire game. It's just not ok.

Some examples:

Jubei's bnb -> LOL
Ukyo close B in C afterimages -> LOL

And so on...

The Slaj Jazz

TIckle my sweet salty nips
I really want to try this game out after seeing the positive reviews. Kinda scared of online since that's what ill be playing most. The DLC is free too right from what I've heard?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Galford’s substitution right now is being looked at by a lot of people in the Samurai Friends Discord. This is prolly the most OD it’s ever been & at least for characters like Yoshitora & Earthquake it pretty much means the C button is off limits outside of backhit situations.
RIGHT!? Maaaan I need to upload my fight so i can show y'all what I've experienced but i will be out of town this weekend. Im glad somebody else sees this too. If you find any answers, please let me know. As a matter of fact.....do you have the link to the Discord ?Question mark?

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I have no doubt it is better against certain characters with more multi hit attacks but to call something over powered already is a joke. Day 1 people thought genjuro tam yoshi were clear cut top 3 yet with people adapting that is already changing just 2 weeks later

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I really want to try this game out after seeing the positive reviews. Kinda scared of online since that's what ill be playing most. The DLC is free too right from what I've heard?
Its not really bad like people say. You do have filters to make the game run good. The only thing tho, online does run a bit slower than offline, but its not game breaking where you're dropping your inputs because of it.

Here's a lil clip of my online match streamed so you can see for yourself :)

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
I have no doubt it is better against certain characters with more multi hit attacks but to call something over powered already is a joke. Day 1 people thought genjuro tam yoshi were clear cut top 3 yet with people adapting that is already changing just 2 weeks later
Sorry but being able to nullify guaranteed ANY multi hit option(which includes combos by the way) WHILE it's hitting you, with no resource cost or limitation, AND getting damage off it, IS overpowered.

There is nothing to adapt to except not doing the moves at all.

haketh

Noob
Yeah they’ve had these moves before but they were a good bit more restricted due to the input, it’s so much easier to buffer HCBx2 in neutral. Hanzo’s isn't as much of an issue due to his being slower but Galford’s is uuuuuuh a bit OD. We definitely gotta give it some more time to see what can be done about it but it’s not like Galford is weak outside of that.

Icy Black Deep

Still training...
Here, it works literally anytime you get hit, so you can't commit to a combo. In the video he did it during a multi hit move like Yoshi's C.
Yoshi's C is ridiculous, it's a bit strained to complain something can get away from it.
And pretty much every other aspect of that match-up favors Yoshi.

haketh

Noob
Yoshi's C is ridiculous, it's a bit strained to complain something can get away from it.
And pretty much every other aspect of that match-up favors Yoshi.
Not really? Yoshi’s 5C has always looked better than it actually is, not much more damage than 66BxDP, RE fodder, & gives them a grip of Rage Meter. And I don’t see how the match up favors Yoshi clear cut?

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Anybody got this game yet? Hearing the netcode is not the best but it doesnt suck. Basically hearing reports the netcode is noticeably slower than local but not bad enough for you to drop inputs.

Anybody else confirm this?
Does the game feel repetitive with the small roster? It looks cool but if it's lile that Power Rangers game I won't pick it up. The Pwr Rngr game seemed too basic and never really intresting

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Does the game feel repetitive? It looks cool but if it's lile that Power Rangers game I won't pick it up. The Per Rngr game seemed too basix
Not at all. I mean, it JUST came out lol. I actually feel excited to go home to play this game. I feel excited to actually learn more about the mechanics. I feel excited to go online Ranked. This game is just a breath of fresh air because it plays like no other fighting game currently out today.

Ck AeroVoid

Mk Casual, KI God
Not at all. I mean, it JUST came out lol. I actually feel excited to go home to play this game. I feel excited to actually learn more about the mechanics. I feel excited to go online Ranked. This game is just a breath of fresh air because it plays like no other fighting game currently out today.
Thats great! Definitely picking the game up soon!

haketh

Noob
He doesnt need this...
It's fine, he's never had a usable WFT before & you're supposed to be careful about a character when they're raged

Does the game feel repetitive with the small roster? It looks cool but if it's lile that Power Rangers game I won't pick it up. The Pwr Rngr game seemed too basic and never really intresting
You might wanna give Battle for the Grid another look because that game is anything but basic

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
It's fine, he's never had a usable WFT before & you're supposed to be careful about a character when they're raged

You might wanna give Battle for the Grid another look because that game is anything but basic
Yeah I know. I just don't like fighting Galford and that lil bitch!

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
The combos are insane. I labbed this game for like 3 hours the other day and still, I don't hit the combos consistently.