What's new

Samurai Shodown 2019 Discussion Thread

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Funny thing is I had the game for a while and I didn't realize that it stopped time until I saw Infiltration using it to make a comeback when his opponent was waiting for the time to run out.
Infiltration match against the charlotte was insane and shows just how deep the RE mechanic gets vs mashing out an armored super in mk11. Not only did infiltration use his RE to stop the clock at 0 he forced the charlotte to use their RE to stopped the clock again giving him even more time to make his comeback. The crazy thing is I bet if the charlotte just immediately spent their RE the clock would have run out before infiltration could have punished it. Absolutely insane mind games in that match.

C-Sword

Noob
SamSho game director believes that ''perfect character balance'' is boring

Kuroki admitted he’s not a fan of making the power diversity in the game’s cast “too flat.”

When asked about this discrepancy, Kuroki told me that while the team is likely to release a balance patch sometime in the near future, it might not make things as balanced as some players may hope.

“I feel that if you make everything too flat in a game like Samurai Shodown, it’s going to be boring,” Kuroki explained via interpreter. “There is a lot of character personality, even among how weak or strong they are. There’s going to be some balancing, but we’re never going to make it completely flat.”

https://kotaku.com/perfect-character-balance-is-boring-says-samurai-shodo-1837038720?utm_medium=Socialflow&utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Twitter&utm_source=Kotaku_Twitter

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
So finally tried Rimururu and feeling a bit indifferent. Not sure if she will add anything to the meta but this was definitely a WTF moment!

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
EARTHQUAKE
Time in Max Rage - Time has been extended.

YAAAAAAAASSSS! Earthquake had the least amount of time in Rage at only 13 seconds, so this is a good buff!

Crouching Heavy Slash With Expanded the hitbox backwards.

Not sure what that means. But if it means what I think it means, ooooooh babY his range game just got better than Tam Tam bitch!

Fat Chainsaw (During Max Rage) With Made attack startup faster

OOOOOOH! I hardly use this move because its risky as fuck w/ less reward but I think i just might use this in Rage now ;)

Fat Bomber With/Without Increased damage.

I think thats the drop from the sky move. If so, I hope the damage is BIG because this move is VEEEERY risky and the damage did suck. It was only good to check opponents from spamming fireballs and jumping too much.

Overall even though it seems like little buffs, Earthquake really didnt need much at all. Cant wait to try him out once I get home!

This patch actually makes SamSho feel like a slightly different game now. Low tiers actually becoming possibly mid tiers or higher. The biggest change to me is that your weapons are close to you when you lose it. Kind of changes up the meta a little bit.

I'm happy I can play with Shiki and Wu-Ruxiang again without feeling completely helpless at times.

So far so good with the patch, unlike another patch for another game we won't speak of.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
This patch actually makes SamSho feel like a slightly different game now. Low tiers actually becoming possibly mid tiers or higher. The biggest change to me is that your weapons are close to you when you lose it. Kind of changes up the meta a little bit.

I'm happy I can play with Shiki and Wu-Ruxiang again without feeling completely helpless at times.

So far so good with the patch, unlike another patch for another game we won't speak of.
Im really looking forward to going home and playing this patch. SO FUCKING HAPPY they nerfed da fuck out of Galford! As an Earthquake main, that was my worst match up. But since his teleport got nerfed, im looking forward to whooping that ass FINALLY! So happy :)

I main Nakoruru. She's who I go back to when I start losing while playing other characters. The latest patch improved a lot of her tools so she's even more fun to play now.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I main Nakoruru. She's who I go back to when I start losing while playing other characters. The latest patch improved a lot of her tools so she's even more fun to play now.
Im enjoying her alot right now after 2 days. The only thing i hate (I guess its a universal nerf) is when I try to do the eagle projectile but the magic cape move comes out instead while walking back. So now i have to stop inputting anything, and press 214 C for the move to come out.

Besides that, im liking her currently. I will stream her later today. Come by! Maybe you can give me some pointers ;)

Twitch.tv/jbeezybaby1