What's new

Samurai Shodown 2019 Discussion Thread

Wetdoba

All too easy...
So that means Galford can't backdash plasma blade any more?

Also, Galford having a free teleport while getting hit is for SOME reason getting off radar for everyone.

So you hit him, you must clearly NOT hit him with long recovery moves as he will actually punish you on your HIT, and you still have to GUESS for hitting him.
He can also do it while you punish him for doing it in the first place, over and over, which is immensely inapt.
I saw at NLBC the guy was punishing one teleport and getting teleported for punishing over and over until he lost because he couldn't guess them all.

Hanzo has this too but he is rarely used so clearly nobody cares.

And yes, Galford is broken, op, needs to be removed from the game, is Scorpion+Mileena+Aquaman combined infinite free safe 33/33/33 mixups can't punish, please nerf asap day0 patch etc etc etc etc.
Galford can still backdash into specials like hanzo. Yes both ninjas have their substitute still, there are ways to either alter your combos against them or bait them into resets. I believe galfords is faster than hanzos tho but i havent confirmed that yet just eyeballing

Hitoshura

Head Cage
@SaltShaker, essentially everything @wetdsaid about the online is true. You play with people you know who have a good connection and you'll have a grand ol' time. Play with someone who uses tinfoil and angel hair spaghetti to configure their internet and you'll be wanting to go to they reside and shove your boot up their ass.

I haven't played in a bit, and not much too be honest. I've been playing Sekiro, so when I finish that I'll be putting a lot more time into Sam Sho. If y'all want to play just hit me up on psn. I think my username should be on my profile and if it's not then message me privately. I have a wired connection and it's pretty damn good. I need to practice.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
So that means Galford can't backdash plasma blade any more?

Also, Galford having a free teleport while getting hit is for SOME reason getting off radar for everyone.

So you hit him, you must clearly NOT hit him with long recovery moves as he will actually punish you on your HIT, and you still have to GUESS for hitting him.
He can also do it while you punish him for doing it in the first place, over and over, which is immensely inapt.
I saw at NLBC the guy was punishing one teleport and getting teleported for punishing over and over until he lost because he couldn't guess them all.

Hanzo has this too but he is rarely used so clearly nobody cares.

And yes, Galford is broken, op, needs to be removed from the game, is Scorpion+Mileena+Aquaman combined infinite free safe 33/33/33 mixups can't punish, please nerf asap day0 patch etc etc etc etc.
I think i just saw that match too! And I actually experienced this online. Me being at Earthquake main, Im already a big target. So I finally spot dodge his teleport thought i was slick. THEN ALL OF A SUDDEN he.....I KID YOU NOT....did a fucking infinite amount of teleports until the recovery of my spot dodge got me hit. That moves is hella broken for sure. Im looking for ways to defend against that shit.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
But he does that teleport shit again once u hit him. Im thinking....maybe i have to wait until he hits the ground to punish, OR punish him with a throw so he wont teleport again.
Teleport is at least -40 on block, wait for him to land and punish with something that knocks down like a 2C or with SSM for 70% or lab your character specific punish as he cannot log out of something that hits him into the air, knocks down, or when his back is turned (back throw into punish) only when standing and facing them

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Teleport is at least -40 on block, wait for him to land and punish with something that knocks down like a 2C or with SSM for 70%
My 2C doesn't knock down. It will just cause him to re-teleport again. But I guess I can punish with my SSM or WFT. Im trying to see if Rage Explosion will be a good option too. OOOOOO can you test this for me now pleeeeease!?

Can you see if Issen will beat his teleport right when hes about to hit you? I will love you forever :)

Wetdoba

All too easy...
My 2C doesn't knock down. It will just cause him to re-teleport again. But I guess I can punish with my SSM or WFT. Im trying to see if Rage Explosion will be a good option too. OOOOOO can you test this for me now pleeeeease!?

Can you see if Issen will beat his teleport right when hes about to hit you? I will love you forever :)
I cannot now but I know with Hanzos teleports they can be punished by doing RE on reaction to him dissapearing then punished with issen when he reappears so lets not call something broken when 5 minutes of lab time shows the move can be blown up into 50% plus in multiple ways. This isnt an NRS game where you can just do stuff. The majority of moves on hit are not even plus. There is going to be a way to hard blow up everything in this game one way or another.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I cannot now but I know with Hanzos teleports they can be punished by doing RE on reaction to him dissapearing then punished with issen when he reappears so lets not call something broken when 5 minutes of lab time shows the move can be blown up into 50% plus in multiple ways. This isnt an NRS game where you can just do stuff. The majority of moves on hit are not even plus. There is going to be a way to hard blow up everything in this game one way or another.
I know i know. PAUSE! I will find ways to counter this shit. But when it happened to me, that shit was an infinite i did not know he can do over and over and over and over and OVER AND OVER again! Now I know what my homework is today :)

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I know i know. PAUSE! I will find ways to counter this shit. But when it happened to me, that shit was an infinite i did not know he can do over and over and over and over and OVER AND OVER again! Now I know what my homework is today :)
I need to double check but I dont believe you can log out of something that is a true punish to log anyway

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Well the ninjas are obviously meant to be slippery but like I said 1 bait and thats 70% gone for them

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
You mean just bait, GUESS and punish him. Also even if you do, he does it again and punishes your standing C HIT.

It doesn't matter you do 50% damage, if he has the lifelead or you're on your last hp It's gameover. Brokeasf.

Punishing it is not sufficient to balance that crap.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
You mean just bait, GUESS and punish him. Also even if you do, he does it again and punishes your standing C HIT.

It doesn't matter you do 50% damage, if he has the lifelead or you're on your last hp It's gameover. Brokeasf.

Punishing it is not sufficient to balance that crap.
Are you going to contribute anything to this thread or just be a man child and cry about the existance of an unsafe cross up that you are too lazy to lab?

d3v

SRK

etc etc.
Galford (and Hanzo) has had these since time immemorial. Yet it's never been considered broken. At worse, it just puts a few matchups in his favor, but the game is so much morr about single pokes that it hardly matters at times.

M.D.

Are you going to contribute anything to this thread or just be a man child and cry about the existance of an unsafe cross up that you are too lazy to lab?
Of course, this is the contribution. Fishing for downplayers to this broken character and exposing how aberrant and unbalanced it is, for the whole world to know.

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Of course, this is the contribution. Fishing for downplayers to this broken character and exposing how aberrant and unbalanced it is, for the whole world to know.
Constant crying is your gimmick here not a contribution. If you cant handle baiting an unsafe move that hasnt changed its function in 25 years after I told you mulitple ways to deal with it and have no intention of even attempting to there's nothing else to say. I would suggest not playing this or other fighting games in general if you cannot comprehend a simple situation like this.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I find it hard to believe this move is as broken as you say. I don't see any T6 Bob's or MvC2 Sentinels around. In fact, I'm seeing tons of Genjuros. If it was so overly powerful and braindead, it and he would be everywhere.

Try to practice all your options against it first. If nothing works you come back saying "I tried abc and was unsuccessful, this move may be broken". You will likely find an answer though. When you first encounter a move that you don't know the answer around it may seem worse than what it really is. Example: Liu's F4 string.

Reactions: d3v

M.D.

Yes, this is why it's so surprising. Everyone finds it hard to believe.

It was even surprising for the commentator at NLBC.
He was constantly saying what you say: "Why isn't he punishing that? It's a scrub move".

By the end of the tournament he actually admitted that it's overpowered.

I guess this makes everyone down there at NLBC as scrubby as me, who didn't lab the matchup and just crybaby arround the forums right?

Ehhh hehhehehehehehhhhh

Video reference:
Mark 106:

Mark 3270:

Unfortunately for you guys it seems everyone knows the answer to the move: It's broken.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
As a matter of fact, I would LOOOOOVE to have a session against anybody who plays Galford so I can learn more of the match up and find counters for that move. Holla at yer fav Uncle :)

M.D.

Constant crying is your gimmick here not a contribution. If you cant handle baiting an unsafe move that hasnt changed its function in 25 years after I told you mulitple ways to deal with it and have no intention of even attempting to there's nothing else to say. I would suggest not playing this or other fighting games in general if you cannot comprehend a simple situation like this.
The simple situation is that you cannot commit to anything,ever, while playing against Galford, because at the 2nd hit of anything he might do the teleport and punish you for hitting him.

This practicaly makes every hit you do ON him a 50-50 whether he does the teleport or not, so you have to literally guess on each of your punishes while he doesn't care. If you don't see any problem with this then I suggest you take up on your own suggestion and just pick up tetris or something.

It doesn't matter you do a C for 50%, it makes a lot of situations unwinnable against him when you're on low life and can't afford a trade. It is a big deal and anyone not seeing this is clearly not a fighting game player, but a fighting game user at the skill level of a gamepad falling down the stairs.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
The simple situation is that you cannot commit to anything,ever, while playing against Galford
You could not be more wrong. You can do moves the either A: capture, B: Knockdown, or C: recover first to bait and punish for a free reset. Also note that after a back throw the first hit is free due to them having their back turned so they cannot log out of that hit opening up more options.

Who do you play as? I will do the work for you and show you your guaranteed options since you are unwilling to even attempt to learn or adapt.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
You could not be more wrong. You can do moves the either A: capture, B: Knockdown, or C: recover first to bait and punish for a free reset.

Who do you play as? I will do the work for you and show you your guaranteed options since you are unwilling to even attempt to learn or adapt.
I have to experience more on the throw right after, but Earthquake cant run for shit so that doesn't work. Maybe if I just after the block, I can throw him. But for other characters its a viable option.

WFT works perfect for me because Galfod takes time to recover once he lands. If it works for Earthquake, I'm sure it works for most character too.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Yes, this is why it's so surprising. Everyone finds it hard to believe.

It was even surprising for the commentator at NLBC.
He was constantly saying what you say: "Why isn't he punishing that? It's a scrub move".

By the end of the tournament he actually admitted that it's overpowered.

I guess this makes everyone down there at NLBC as scrubby as me, who didn't lab the matchup and just crybaby arround the forums right?

Ehhh hehhehehehehehhhhh

Video reference:
Mark 106:

Mark 3270:

Unfortunately for you guys it seems everyone knows the answer to the move: It's broken.
Your time stamps might be wrong on this but in the first vid if you are refferring to right before 1:06 when he logged against yoshi j.C that was not a punish as jump normals have zero landing recovery in this game so he could have still blocked it and punished with SSM and won the round right there.

haketh

Noob
Galford’s substitution right now is being looked at by a lot of people in the Samurai Friends Discord. This is prolly the most OD it’s ever been & at least for characters like Yoshitora & Earthquake it pretty much means the C button is off limits outside of backhit situations.