What's new

Tech - Displacer Safe B+2 Overhead Options, 13% Guaranteed Chip Strings, Jailing 50/50s, and ETC.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
Even if you make EX hat a true string with 112124, it doesn't guarantee pressure, and whiffs on half of the cast.

A lot of people on this forum don't understand Kung Lao at a technical level, at all.
It doesn't matter if people "understand" what you are saying... it is how he is played.. even at ultra high level like Slayer, Foxy and King. You watch ANY high level match with KL and you will see the EX Hat in the block string.

Yeah but Kung Lao is doing way more hits with 112124. I still would save it to close out a match. Maybe a round, if my opponent has no bar. Does Kung Lao get another bar if he spends all 3 to loop?
I'm not saying it is as good.. I'm just saying that spending bar in this mannor is one of the staple moves of a generally c

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
In YOUR opinion TG is the only variation that's viable. Don't forget the fact that displacer has a great runaway game, good anti air and safe 50/50. Now he has jailable 50/50s. The good damage may only exist in the corner..... But its Raiden, One hit confirm and your in the corner lol

Regardless, lately I've seen more displacer in pools than anything. it's a variation that's on the rise and if you have experience with the character maybe you should explore a bit more.
He gets good dmg everywhere so people can't even use that as an argument either

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I'm not saying it is as good.. I'm just saying that spending bar in this mannor is one of the staple moves of a generally c
Replying cause it seems like you didn't finish that correctly. But as for Raiden spending a bar for pressure compared to KL. I think there is more risk/reward/value comparison done for raiden. But both definitely have they uses.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Really? I thought the midscreen 30% meterless was hard af? Like just frame run cancel on f1 or something like that?

I'm just saying. I can even see master of storms run away game being even dumber. I don't play the character though, so I just speak from the outside looking in lol

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
What do you need for if the game is over? Why not just spend it all and kill him?
Come on guys,who saves 3 bars for the end?REO showed a tech OK,that's it, isn't something you can count on.

Also worth noting that the f2 24 thing is also a big deal because there's no gap, where as his other more used string of f12 b2 has a gap at the end.
thats why i do it (it can be done on reaction its easy)

Shame on raiden mains for not digging deeper. F2 2+4 tele being plus1 is a big deal
well some of us knew, not all players are on streams or media (raiden is not my main btw)

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
Thunder God has the best damage in 90% of situations and highest damage off of conversions. Either way I'm reasonable if I see a displacer raiden make it to top 16 in a major I'll reconsider his viability

REO

Undead
Wow I knew that f2 2+4 tele into b12 had no gap but I didn't know that I could get a 50/50. Great stuff. What do you think is Raidens best variation? I think that Displacer is.
I think it would depend on the match up, honestly. I don't feel Thunder God and Displacer are too far from each other. Master of Storms is definitely lower tier than the both of them.

Is this worth the loss of damage,meter build and projectile buffs of thunder God? Well considering thunder God has cancels that leave him +2 and displacer has +1 with f22+4du Meterless or another punishable string the first benefit is actually a loss. The distance far behind teleport places you in the example with cassie is a distance raiden doesn't shine in at all,yes it's better than getting punished and although it's safe he's giving up a full combo of they get hit.
Displacer gives you more than what you listed. Displacer gives Raiden these perks:

- Virtually almost impossible to corner
- Extremely good wall positioning and corner control advantage at almost all times
- Difficult to zone
- Increased Pressure and Mix-Ups with EX Teleport
- 100% Safe 50/50s
- One of the best wake ups in the game
- Increased Unbreakable Damage off B,F+3 to close out rounds

good thread really.
i knew this since displacer got "buffed", but these are simply not enough for me to swap from thunder god. ( i mean why 1 bar when you could OS )
besides, displacer suffers from some bugs which completely turned me away from him. like f12b2 not connecting as it was and also this
http://testyourmight.com/threads/raidens-lighitng-string-doesnt-work-properly.56875/

http://testyourmight.com/threads/raiden-quick-burn-b3-4-into-ex-shocker-bug-analysis.56839/
i honestly dont understand on a fundamental level how i should play with broken low starter string.
You could use B+3,3 instead of B+3,4 when you're not in the corner. That one works perfectly fine mid-screen. I never use B+3,4 unless I have my opponent in the corner.
@YOMI REO When you did b2xxTeleport away, did you have to block Cassie EX gun or could you just neutral duck it?
Yes, you can neutral duck her bullets. I just had Raiden recorded to block afterwards.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser
I think b33 is hit comfortable as well, with enough practice and focus but b34 is much easier

Reactions: REO

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
- Virtually almost impossible to corner
- Extremely good wall positioning and corner control advantage at almost all times
- Difficult to zone
- Increased Pressure and Mix-Ups with EX Teleport
- 100% Safe 50/50s
- One of the best wake ups in the game
- Increased Unbreakable Damage off B,F+3 to close out rounds
See now my problem is I feel most of these perks come at the expense of meter. Which Raiden is already known for using, IMO. And Displacer doesn't build meter like that. If you've been playing Displacer, would you mind discussing about meter management? http://testyourmight.com/threads/maintaining-pressure-with-raiden.58018