What's new

Tech - Displacer Safe B+2 Overhead Options, 13% Guaranteed Chip Strings, Jailing 50/50s, and ETC.

BigMilk

Former Divine Power Abuser

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
It doesn't have whiffing issues like his b1 does, and with the godly range on it the startup frames are almost irrelevant.
but f2 does have whiffing issues, and its range is really mediocre when so many characters have moves that go farther and are faster like kotals/cassie b1 and jax/johnny/kanos knee attacks

Vaiist

Noob
but f2 does have whiffing issues, and its range is really mediocre when so many characters have moves that go farther and are faster like kotals/cassie b1 and jax/johnny/kanos knee attacks
Hmm, I can't remember having whiffing issues. And maybe f2 on it's own isn't the best, but the f2 (2+4) goes almost have screen.

Tokiwartoothxdk

『T R I G G E R E D』
Hmm, I can't remember having whiffing issues. And maybe f2 on it's own isn't the best, but the f2 (2+4) goes almost have screen.
try doing f2 against a female character like cassie or tanya from anywhere other then a step in front of them. There also other crouch blocking characters where if you are more then a step in front of them it whiffs because the hitbox is just bad. as for the half screen travel on 22+4 yes, that is true. But it is also 31 frames of starup which can just be jumped on reaction or punished by more then a number of other characters mid advancing strings

xxFalcon Loverxx

Ignorant slaves, how quickly you forget.
I've been meaning to post this thread for a while but never got around to it. I have a few things with Displacer Raiden that hopefully some of you Raiden players out there find useful or may have not known about.

Meter Building and being +1 on Block after F+2,2+4:

The good thing about this is not only does it build you meter on block, but it also ALWAYS gives you positional advantage by allowing you to choose to teleport behind your opponent or in front of them. This leaves Raiden at +1 on block. It's also not too hard to confirm on block and teleport.

Restands into Teleport for Guaranteed Offense or 50/50s

Displacer allows Raiden to convert off almost any combos into restands that will leave him at enough advantage to go for free pressure strings or 50/50s. The great thing about this is that Raiden can do this any where on the stage, including mid-screen which his other two variations only get guaranteed follow-ups against the corner after a restand.

Safe B+2 Overhead options:

For the characters who can punish Raiden's B+2~Shocker on block, there's an alternative you can do against them in Displacer by using B+2~EX teleport or B+2~Away Teleport. Many characters won't be able to punish the Away Teleport after the B+2 making it a good option for hit and run 50/50 strategies in Displacer. B+2~EX Teleport is also 100% safe against anyone in the cast.

Combos after B+2~EN Teleport

These are some conversions you can do after B+2~EX Teleport. The first combo requires stamina. The second combo doesn't require any stamina. You can also choose which side you want to teleport to and combo afterwards. Once you condition your opponent to respect your other follow-ups after B+2, you can use this and get away with it most of the time as they will not expecting it or looking out for a different link on your B+2.

Guaranteed Jailing 50/50s on Block

If Raiden does his F+2,2+4 string and links his EX teleport afterwards, he is at so much advantage that he can go for a guaranteed 50/50 attempt. Raiden's Overhead (B+2) and Low (B+3) both jail and cannot be interrupted afterwards. He can either go for the safe, low damaging reward, or the high risk big reward to close out a round.

13% Guaranteed Chip Damage on Block

Utilizing the huge block advantage on F+2,2+4~EX Teleport, Raiden can continuously loop this string into more EX teleports to create a total of 13% guaranteed chip damage on block for three bars of meter. Perfect for closing out a match when you have meter left over and tag your opponent with F+2,2+4 on block. You can even do a few reps of these and then on your final EX Teleport go for a guaranteed 50/50 attempt to finish off a round.
Absolutely amazing!So all of this is completely guaranteed?

Shawnzzy

Scrub Extraordinaire
Yes yes, tele behind. This is sweet, now I want to get some matches in and get people with this. I wonder how negative it is then. Like -6~-8?

ArmedCalf

I guess I play Necromancer now.. PSN: ArmedCalf
I just picked him up and am still messing with him, but I was under the impression that b14xxtele didnmt give you any real advantage?

knight x1868

Blue Lantern Corps
You should be able to hit confirm B+3,3 if you can hit confirm F+1,2. B+3,4 is much easier, though. Anyway, you can YOLO B+3,3~EX Teleport in Dispalcer since that's safe.
Not to mention it has armor. So you can B+3,3~EX Teleport,B (hold) to stay in the same position and blow your opponent up on block.

WHY CANT I CANCEL B2 INTO AWAT TELE?
After inputting the B2, Hold UP when you input the teleport (so DOWN UP, hold UP). The teleport comes out every time.

If you're still having issues, wait for the first hit of B2, then input the tele.

For away teleport off of B2, the same thing works. Just wait for the teleport animation to start, then press forward. So B2, Teleport (Hold UP), during teleport animation press forward.

It's still kinda difficult. But way more consistent. Just keep practicing with all this in mind and you'll get the timing down.

Last edited: