What's new

Tech - Thunder God Raiden's lighitng string doesn't work properly

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
There is a video archive showing what i am saying..

the lighting string extentions im talking about is for the extention of 1122 and b1122.. the 2s..
you know that you can cancel into superman from both of these strings.. BUT there is a bug/weird cancel into special,for the early cancel of the string..

The first two string extention has 4 hits and the extention two has 5 hits...
if only the 1st or the 2nd hit of the first extention string hit, then the second 2 extention whiffs..
but if the 3rd or th 4th coonnect, then it juggles with the second extention..

HOW TO DO IT: just do all the string as fast as you can and then let go of 2 whenever you want to cancel the first extention and press again 2 and hold for the whole thing..also the cancel for superman can be done without let go of 2, during the second extention string or at the last hit of the extention!

why we do all this? for mix ups and confuse opponents jump escape..

So where is the problem Lord Nivek? ...you ask!

It doesn't cancel into superman if the 3rd hit of the first extention connects.. i tried hundred times to do it but i failed... and then i turned on the negative edge and with some combination like bf3,bf3 or 3bf3 it did come out..but why it cant be canceld without negative edge on?
i really dont know why this happens and also seems you cant cancel from the second hit also...the 1st and the 4th have the buffer time for superman..(late or during the string)
the 2nd and the 3rd even on whiff the first extention the second extention cant be canceled on block..

im sorry for all my confuzing writing :(

@Digit
@all raiden players
@colt
@GGA Dizzy (maybe you know something about it lol)
@tylerlansdown

Last edited:

Nivek

by the way bf3 on block does the same chip as the ex bf3...on hit the first is 3% and the second 5%..why the same dmg on block!?how many stuff im gonna find today?

Digit

KH Mahvel Baby!
I believe it's because you are pressing 2 three times that superman doesn't register whenever you cancel it early. It's reading the 3rd 2 hit before the superman command hence why it doesn't come out.
Think of the OS how you add an extra input to nullify the special cancel. it's kinda doing the same here (if that makes sense)

Whenever I miss a superman after the 1122 string, it's mostly because i press 2 rly quick and pressed it 3 times too many that it doesn't register my superman command. Has to be precise.

Nivek

I believe it's because you are pressing 2 three times that superman doesn't register whenever you cancel it early. It's reading the 3rd 2 hit before the superman command hence why it doesn't come out.
Think of the OS how you add an extra input to nullify the special cancel. it's kinda doing the same here (if that makes sense)

Whenever I miss a superman after the 1122 string, it's mostly because i press 2 rly quick and pressed it 3 times too many that it doesn't register my superman command. Has to be precise.
im in the lab and actully you are right about the three 2s..even if you do the whole string it still doesnt come out... :(
the only way i found to come out is with the three 2s is with release check on and pressing weird cancels(3bf3)!
To do it every time to cancel at the any hit of the first extention though is to press 2 x3 times.. :/

so there is no way to come out without release check on?

Edit: i found the working way!! its very very precise cancel timing..its the same with the release check but way more stricted..
after 1122, let go 2 and hold 2 you have to input at the end of the string b3,f3 or 3bf3!!
Edit2: bug was letting me cancel.. still cant cancel
Thanks @Digit for the help ;)

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I can't watch the video but I think the problem is similar to a weird kotal cancel. If you do b1222 then you can't cancel. But if you do the regular input b122 then cancels work.

LaidbackOne

Scrubby nice guy
You are doing it wrong. You need to record 5 more videos and post them almost at once. Stupid, stupid you!

Nivek

I can't watch the video but I think the problem is similar to a weird kotal cancel. If you do b1222 then you can't cancel. But if you do the regular input b122 then cancels work.
You can cancel but needs weird input..like 3bf3 or b3f3 for example for superman..also there is no buffer..has to be precise!
edit: i still can't do it..it was a bug before..
You are doing it wrong. You need to record 5 more videos and post them almost at once. Stupid, stupid you!
Like the greeks say....XCUSEEEEE MEEEEEE!! :p
next time moaaaar!!
i need to study his videos more :DOGE

Last edited:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
You can cancel but needs weird input..like 3bf3 or b3f3 for example for superman..also there is no buffer..has to be precise!
Do you input that while holding down 2 for the string extension? I still haven't been able to watch the video.

Nivek

Do you input that while holding down 2 for the string extension? I still haven't been able to watch the video.
i input 1122 very fast...and when you want to teleport behind you let go of 2 and you press it again..

Also there must been a bug which let me cancel without negative edge and again now i cant cancel it even with the weird cancels :(

Digit

KH Mahvel Baby!
@Nivek No prob man! Glad to be of help! ^.^
Sorry I haven't been rly active here on the raiden forums btw. or tym at all for that matter lol

but yea, I struggled w/ this way early in the game and figured out why most ppl sometimes drop inputs cuz ppl be pressing their buttons one too many times. Can't be mash happy in this game lulz

Precision is key

Nivek

@Nivek No prob man! Glad to be of help! ^.^
Sorry I haven't been rly active here on the raiden forums btw. or tym at all for that matter lol

but yea, I struggled w/ this way early in the game and figured out why most ppl sometimes drop inputs cuz ppl be pressing their buttons one too many times. Can't be mash happy in this game lulz

Precision is key
the bad thing is without the triple 2s you cant cancel whenever you want the string to back teleport :(

Precision is the key... or release check with weird cancels lol