What's new

Tech - Displacer Safe B+2 Overhead Options, 13% Guaranteed Chip Strings, Jailing 50/50s, and ETC.

REO

Undead
I've been meaning to post this thread for a while but never got around to it. I have a few things with Displacer Raiden that hopefully some of you Raiden players out there find useful or may have not known about.

Meter Building and being +1 on Block after F+2,2+4:

The good thing about this is not only does it build you meter on block, but it also ALWAYS gives you positional advantage by allowing you to choose to teleport behind your opponent or in front of them. This leaves Raiden at +1 on block. It's also not too hard to confirm on block and teleport.

Restands into Teleport for Guaranteed Offense or 50/50s

Displacer allows Raiden to convert off almost any combos into restands that will leave him at enough advantage to go for free pressure strings or 50/50s. The great thing about this is that Raiden can do this any where on the stage, including mid-screen which his other two variations only get guaranteed follow-ups against the corner after a restand.

Safe B+2 Overhead options:

For the characters who can punish Raiden's B+2~Shocker on block, there's an alternative you can do against them in Displacer by using B+2~EX teleport or B+2~Away Teleport. Many characters won't be able to punish the Away Teleport after the B+2 making it a good option for hit and run 50/50 strategies in Displacer. B+2~EX Teleport is also 100% safe against anyone in the cast.

Combos after B+2~EN Teleport

These are some conversions you can do after B+2~EX Teleport. The first combo requires stamina. The second combo doesn't require any stamina. You can also choose which side you want to teleport to and combo afterwards. Once you condition your opponent to respect your other follow-ups after B+2, you can use this and get away with it most of the time as they will not expecting it or looking out for a different link on your B+2.

Guaranteed Jailing 50/50s on Block

If Raiden does his F+2,2+4 string and links his EX teleport afterwards, he is at so much advantage that he can go for a guaranteed 50/50 attempt. Raiden's Overhead (B+2) and Low (B+3) both jail and cannot be interrupted afterwards. He can either go for the safe, low damaging reward, or the high risk big reward to close out a round.

13% Guaranteed Chip Damage on Block

Utilizing the huge block advantage on F+2,2+4~EX Teleport, Raiden can continuously loop this string into more EX teleports to create a total of 13% guaranteed chip damage on block for three bars of meter. Perfect for closing out a match when you have meter left over and tag your opponent with F+2,2+4 on block. You can even do a few reps of these and then on your final EX Teleport go for a guaranteed 50/50 attempt to finish off a round.

Last edited:

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I was messing around with Displacer the other day.

You can do F2 24 MB tele into 214 shocker for a guaranteed 7% chip string. No gap in between.

not mind blowing, but it's a thing.

Also worth noting that the f2 24 thing is also a big deal because there's no gap, where as his other more used string of f12 b2 has a gap at the end.

stamatis

Όσα δε φτάνει η αλεπού. ........
These strategies have been known for a while and are extremely viable.

Props to @YOMI REO for putting these things in a easy to read format with video and explanations.

Shame on raiden mains for not digging deeper. F2 2+4 tele being plus1 is a big deal
don't tell me that he is a top tier but no one has found it out!

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
I don't wanna sound condescending or anything, but if Raiden mains on TYM didn't know about this, then that's a huge blowup IMO.

It's literally right there in the open and can be found within minutes.

Fingers crossed it turns out everyone knew about it and just still just prefers thunder god.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
I don't wanna sound condescending or anything, but if Raiden mains on TYM didn't know about this, then that's a huge blowup IMO.

It's literally right there in the open and can be found within minutes.

Fingers crossed it turns out everyone knew about it and just still just prefers thunder god.
This 100%. I've dabbled with every character and this is the first stuff I found. I've stuck it out with Kano though. This is great, fundamentally sound material.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Very good stuff @YOMI REO !!

After B+2~EX Teleport one also can do F+1,2, B+2 and then just F1~superman. It does 1% less damage than the second option you posted, but gives corner carry and it's also very easy and stamina free.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Last edited:

Amplified$hotz

I like Tekken 8
Wow I knew that f2 2+4 tele into b12 had no gap but I didn't know that I could get a 50/50. Great stuff. What do you think is Raidens best variation? I think that Displacer is.

Reactions: REO