What's new

General/Other - Raiden Raiden Quick Burn (b3,4) into EX Shocker Bug analysis

Introduction:
B3,4 is one of few low tools in Raiden's arsenal. To be specific, one of three in Thunder God, and one of two in other two variations.
In Thunder God b3,4 is rarely used. In other variations it is almost essential. Unlike b33, b34 allows to hitconfirm into EX shocker...
Problem:
Because of hitbox issues with some specific characters, it will wiff, wasting 1 bar of meter.
Theory:
1) As counter-intuitive as it sounds, It only wiffs on characters with big bodies and big hitboxes.
2) Ex Shocker has some serious inconsistency, it is probably the easiest move to low profile. It by itself needs some in-depth tweaking.
Analysis:
completely whiffs - Predator [0m0s]
completely whiffs - Jason [0m9s]
completely whiffs - Kotal Kahn [0m21s]
completely whiffs - Jax [0m37s]
completely whiffs - Ferra/Torr [1m16s]
completely whiffs - Raiden [1m27s]
completely whiffs - Quan Chi [1m46s]
completely whiffs - Goro [2m1s]
completely whiffs - Tremor [2m16s]

sometimes whiffs , chaotic/unstable behavior: Scorpion [2m28s]
sometimes whiffs , chaotic/unstable behavior: Johnny Cage (heavily variation and JC skin dependent) [2m47s]

doesn't whiff: Kenshi [3m23s]
doesn't whiff: Kitana [3m29s]
doesn't whiff: Sonya Blade [3m37s]
doesn't whiff: Kung Lao [3m47s]
doesn't whiff: Sub Zero [3m56s]
doesn't whiff: Takeda Takahashi [4m8s]
doesn't whiff: Cassie Cage [4m18s]
doesn't whiff: Jacqui Briggs [4m30s]
doesn't whiff: Kung Jin [4m39s]
doesn't whiff: Tanya [4m52s]
doesn't whiff: Shinnok [4m58s]
doesn't whiff: Kano [5m11s]
doesn't whiff: Erron Black [5m25s]
doesn't whiff: Liu Kang [5m39s]
doesn't whiff: Ermac [5m49s]
doesn't whiff: D'vorah [6m0s]
doesn't whiff: Mileena (forgot to record lel)

nrs, plis hulp, @colt
#raidenabyss #raidenbroken #raidenneedshelp

Last edited:
comon comon raiden mains. this is very important issue, pay more attention to this! without this there is absolutely zero point in playing anything other than thunder god, because at least thunder god has b32 to start his low offense, but b34 is the only thing that other variations have. this is ultra important..

then what do you use when you go for low? b33? but that ain't confirmable, you gotta guess with that and if you guess wrong you not only waste 1 meter but get full combo punished.
on the other hand b34 is absolutely confirmable, i dont burn bar and dont go for ex shocker if b34 is being blocked.

Nivek

Athena guide me, the thunder God...
comon comon raiden mains. this is very important issue, pay more attention to this! without this there is absolutely zero point in playing anything other than thunder god, because at least thunder god has b32 to start his low offense, but b34 is the only thing that other variations have. this is ultra important..
wow..great work man..
thats really a big thing for the other 2 variations of raiden.. fix plz and also the should take away the gap from f12b2(mos and dis)..
also the runs to be back as they were ... rip f12b2 x3 combo :'(

it came to my knowledge, from very dominant and top Russian player and former Raiden main Kingusha, that it was properly connecting in previous patch, and that last patch broke it, apparently! and now this is the situation...

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I thought this was commonly known. I had it missing plenty before the big patch too. But the list was nice touch though. Guess I'll try to remember that stuff