What's new

(Rumor) FGC Player: "I Got a Confirmation That we are Playing Old Build of MK11"

HellblazerHawkman

Confused Thanagarian
the thing is, people assume the current build is how the final game will be and when thats not the case even a simple "there will be a update" would help to cool some people down. see krypt/tower topic ect.
To be fair, people alraedy said there's a 1.02 patch that just went out

All of you guys being internet mad need to get a grip. I just wanna play some mk11 and I just want scorpion to be good

See I can live with that. It took me a long time to truly master movement and OS in Tekken, and I pride myself on it. In T5 DR I mastered Bryan's Taunt Cancels like Knee Jr. I can outplay people on my movement and legacy knowledge alone. The reward is justified.

If it turns out like that I'm all for it, but if it's some "practice for 3 hours and mastered superiority" nah lol. We'll have to wait and see.
You think someone couldn't truly learn how to korean back dash in just 3 hours? Maybe if they were just a straight new born casual

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You think someone couldn't truly learn how to korean back dash in just 3 hours? Maybe if they were just a straight new born casual
No, not at all. I'm not referring to "look at me in practice mode". Anyone can learn that, EWGF, Nina's movement, etc in a few hours. The actual in game application on pure reaction consistently in-match however? Takes considerably longer to master.

No, not at all. I'm not referring to "look at me in practice mode". Anyone can learn that, EWGF, Nina's movement, etc in a few hours. The actual in game application on pure reaction consistently in-match however? Takes considerably longer to master.
I'm just talking about the technique. Of course in game application would take way more than 3 hours but just learning the technique is a big first step for some. You necessarily don't even need kbd.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I'm just talking about the technique. Of course in game application would take way more than 3 hours but just learning the technique is a big first step for some. You necessarily don't even need kbd.
Well yea of course you can learn any FG technique fairly quickly. It's the effective application that takes time, some techniques more than others. That's what I meant, that if this turns out something we master in a very short time it might be kinda whak if "everyone" can master it. In Tekken, if you don't master movement in general you're competing uphill. Though this in MK11, if it's something that takes time to master, and gives an edge to players who took extra time to apply it better in different MUs I'd feel it adds depth to the game.

It's just that we don't know how it will function in this game yet. I'm hoping it's more to it than a one day practice mastery.

JSF

Waiting for Injustice 3
Soooooooooooo

Nobody is gonna ask 16bit why the tournament variations aren’t the default ones in any other mode and why WE HAVE TO REMAKE THEM TO PRACTICE WITH THE TOURNAMENT MOVES. Seems like a nonsensical decision and it’s in the game. And #buffFrost

scarsunseen

RIP TYM 6/11/2021
And? I mean is it really matter that the disc version is from January? Nothing big is going to happen in Tuesday other than some tweaks in frame data and bug fixing etc
That's beside the point. I'm sure there will be changed. He's still been accurate so far.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
See I can live with that. It took me a long time to truly master movement and OS in Tekken, and I pride myself on it. In T5 DR I mastered Bryan's Taunt Cancels like Knee Jr. I can outplay people on my movement and legacy knowledge alone. The reward is justified.

If it turns out like that I'm all for it, but if it's some "practice for 3 hours and mastered superiority" nah lol. We'll have to wait and see.
I've played Tekken and MK for a long ass time. If we're talking Dash Blocking in MK then this isn't new at all. It's easy to pick up and use in game but it still has faults. It isn't really crazy OP and it just became part of the game in 9. Besides we don't have the game yet so I'm not sure the properties or block speeds are even the same out of it. In the end regardless of the game even if you can apply whatever it is in the match, it still matters how you apply it. I can KBD and Wavedash etc etc in tekken all day....but if it's without purpose I'd still get wrecked.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I've played Tekken and MK for a long ass time. If we're talking Dash Blocking in MK then this isn't new at all. It's easy to pick up and use in game but it still has faults. It isn't really crazy OP and it just became part of the game in 9. Besides we don't have the game yet so I'm not sure the properties or block speeds are even the same out of it. In the end regardless of the game even if you can apply whatever it is in the match, it still matters how you apply it. I can KBD and Wavedash etc etc in tekken all day....but if it's without purpose I'd still get wrecked.
Yea I think you're dead on here with this post.

Obly

Ambiguous world creator
May all be true, but it’s not really the point. Call me idealistic or whatever, but MK11 was supposed to be the game that really brought it back to the fundamentals, the true essential skills for a FG. I think a lot of people were looking forward to that.

Dash blocking is not a fundamental; it’s basically an input gimmick. Doesn’t matter if it’s not “crazy OP”; it’s still like exploiting a bug. And if it gives any advantage, even a small one, people are going to focus on learning the exploit instead of learning the fundamentals. And it just becomes a game of execution, not skill or strategy.

To heck with that. I wish they hadn’t changed dash at all and just let the original vision rock. I bet people would have liked it just fine.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
oh I agree I was so hype when the game kinda dropped back to MK2 speed and tactics. Don't get me wrong though I did like MKX It got annoying that to be super successful I had to more rush down and mix up my opponent as opposed to truly outplaying him/her at times. HOWEVER given that dash blocking is in the game and that I'm used to it from MK9 it's still different than actual run so that's the positive side. With that said the fact that mobility was on F in the beta made one other thing tough, characters like skarlet beat the hell out of you unless you were super careful walking in but then you'd get hit and end up back where you started. I feel movement should have been buffed a little and I see no issue that it was. Dash blocking would have been in the game anyway it would just have been a little slower. In addition again they could potentially make changes to it or something like more recovery on blocking from dash or something. In any case Yet again...the game isn't out. I cannot and won't assume anything until I get my own hands on it and fight people first.

Grape Juice City

Shaolin boyz
May all be true, but it’s not really the point. Call me idealistic or whatever, but MK11 was supposed to be the game that really brought it back to the fundamentals, the true essential skills for a FG. I think a lot of people were looking forward to that.

Dash blocking is not a fundamental; it’s basically an input gimmick. Doesn’t matter if it’s not “crazy OP”; it’s still like exploiting a bug.
Depends on how you look at it. Execution and decision making are fundamental to fighting games. You have to know when and how to use it.