What's new

(Rumor) FGC Player: "I Got a Confirmation That we are Playing Old Build of MK11"

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
At first blush I thought this was unlikely, but mulling it over, I'm not sure. I mean, it is possible that the disk went gold three months back. They need lead time for manufacturing disks, packaging (especially with premium bundles like the scrop hood and steel box) and distro. Three months seems early, but not entirely crazy.

Could be that review codes that were sent out were more recent. You'd think the big patch that many people with early copies DLed would have brought them up to par though.

Very uncertain. Only thing to do is wait till Tuesday.

At first blush I thought this was unlikely, but mulling it over, I'm not sure. I mean, it is possible that the disk went gold three months back. They need lead time for manufacturing disks, packaging (especially with premium bundles like the scrop hood and steel box) and distro. Three months seems early, but not entirely crazy.

Could be that review codes that were sent out were more recent. You'd think the big patch that many people with early copies DLed would have brought them up to par though.

Very uncertain. Only thing to do is wait till Tuesday.
Im sure that we will get a big patch at Tuesday and this is an early/earlier version of the game but January??? nahhhh. Dont get your hopes up guys. :D

We talked about the change to dashes weeks ago
You did. What about tournament variations? Any way we could've known that 50-90% of every character's best moves would be inaccessible in competitive play at launch? Seems important, Mate. Seems like something we should've been told about, rather than having to dig up the (disappointing) truth ourselves via leaks. What other games have I ever had to pre-order without knowing what content would be accessible in the game's most important play mode? I can't think of any. Your players are angry, and justifiably so.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Yay so that means:

Cage glasses OFFICIAL variation is actually an april fools joke and it will get actually viable
Jax and Liu kang BROKEN 50-50 SPAM with 360HITBOXES everywhere on the screen, SAFE on block, is actually a bug and it will already get fixed.

Yesss, yesss.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Is this, or is this NOT the same fckn guy who tried to charge for frame data just last week?

If so....

Why In The Shit Do We Care?

He ain't shit. He needs to worry more about his supposed life issues than whether or not this is an old build (or spreading a lie that it is). We're really just gonna make a whole thread because some sleazeball said something bold with no source and no proof. THE SAME GUY WHO TRIED TO SELL HIS OPINION ON A CHARACTER FOR ACTUAL MONEY!!??!

A mess.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
You did. What about tournament variations? Any way we could've known that 50-90% of every character's best moves would be inaccessible in competitive play at launch? Seems important, Mate. Seems like something we should've been told about, rather than having to dig up the (disappointing) truth ourselves via leaks. What other games have I ever had to pre-order without knowing what content would be accessible in the game's most important play mode? I can't think of any. Your players are angry, and justifiably so.
I highly doubt he has any impact over that aspect of marketing and delivery, since he was likely told not to discuss (for all we know he could agree with you but be unable to say it), but yea, I definitely hear ya.

I highly doubt he has any impact over that aspect of marketing and delivery, since he was likely told not to discuss (for all we know he could agree with you but be unable to say it), but yea, I definitely hear ya.
Oh I'm well aware. But he is involved in deciding the competitive variations, and they are largely awful. And frankly, we as the player base really need any avenue we can find to communicate to the studio just how catastrophically they've screwed the pooch on balancing this launch.

gitblame

Noob
NRS scene in January:
- Yo, buff the dashes. Movement so sluggish. Why don't they just bring dash block back it was hype.
NRS scene -2 day before release
- Yo, why did they buff dashes. It looks so junky. Movement in beta was perfect. Goodbye neutral

The same guys later:
- NRS does not listen to the community.

Agilaz

It has begun
NRS scene in January:
- Yo, buff the dashes. Movement so sluggish. Why don't they just bring dash block back it was hype.
NRS scene -2 day before release
- Yo, why did they buff dashes. It looks so junky. Movement in beta was perfect. Goodbye neutral

The same guys later:
- NRS does not listen to the community.
Can we please stop with this strawman? They showed faster dashes, not the bonkers blockdashing we have now.

I already feel sorry for people who were considering maining a zoning character. Good luck getting anything ranged off against Kotal or Subzero if you don't have the fastest projectiles in the game

I mean it wouldn't be the first time I've heard of reviewers getting games with builds that didn't reflect the product on release and as bullshit as this claim is I probably wouldn't trust 16 bit on anything either

gitblame

Noob
Can we please stop with this strawman? They showed faster dashes, not the bonkers blockdashing we have now.

I already feel sorry for people who were considering maining a zoning character. Good luck getting anything ranged off against Kotal or Subzero if you don't have the fastest projectiles in the game
Tell me more about how broken the dashes are from your full experience. How many games have you played already?

Agilaz

It has begun
Tell me more about how broken the dashes are from your full experience. How many games have you played already?
Man, im not blind. Did we not see the same footage?

Stop putting words in my mouth, I did not say the dashes were broken, but this was obviously not what we were promised. The pace in the beta was damn near perfect and a slight increase in dash speed was all that was needed. Why go overboard like this?

Walking felt nice, now its just gonna suck cause you can just blockdash and cover the distance much quicker