What's new

(Rumor) FGC Player: "I Got a Confirmation That we are Playing Old Build of MK11"

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
NRS scene in January:
- Yo, buff the dashes. Movement so sluggish. Why don't they just bring dash block back it was hype.
NRS scene -2 day before release
- Yo, why did they buff dashes. It looks so junky. Movement in beta was perfect. Goodbye neutral

The same guys later:
- NRS does not listen to the community.
I don't think this ever was the argument. Unless I am mistaken, the only people I ever saw asking for "the return of the blockdash" were old MK9 retreads, the current smallest part of our competitive community due to being aged out. I rarely if ever saw Post-MK9 players care about it, and there is a LONG list of post MK9 players.

What I did see many players ask for was faster walk speeds and faster dashes. Which we have now received. Many of those players who asked for that are not the MK9 retreads, so it's only natural for them to complain about a mechanic they did not expect, that they did not want, replace what they did want, surfacing days before launch.

Won't be able to zone against block dashing huh?

Laughs in Freddy Krueger
And this is the other argument, also compared in error. Circus has provided the frame data for all characters, so we can't pretend as if they are equal.

There is a vast, vast, vast difference between the strength in zoning tools and frame advantages of a MK9 Kenshi/Freddy/Kabal relative to MK11 Noob/Cetrion/Kitana. That is why there is reason for discussion. If we had MK9 Freddy and Kenshi vs Cyrax and Sonya the likelihood of concern to this level would be minimal.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I already feel sorry for people who were considering maining a zoning character. Good luck getting anything ranged off against Kotal or Subzero if you don't have the fastest projectiles in the game.
You do not even need "wave dashing" to get in on Cetrion's or Noob's 40 frame projectiles. LOL.

Old build or not, I suggest everyone, including the people with the game, calm down and wait until the official release of the game to see what changes the day 1 patch, if there even is one, brings. Then you fools can blow up NRS to your heart's content, and trust me when I say that I will be leading the charge. LOL.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
@M2Dave @SaltShaker @Agilaz

Alioune:
"For alot of characters, wavedash speed is the same as regular walking forward. For some others like the slowest ones, its even slower."

I must be so blind because that isn't looking like the same speed lol.

I'm also hearing that it's auto-blocking and FLB'ing on the way in. Gonna have fun testing that to confirm but hoping it's not that much. I mean I'm guilty in Tekken for OS my movement with low parry in space so I have no right to complain, but still lol.

One thing that does make it seem like an early build, is that the tournament variations are different from the ones you'd select in practice, towers and the like. that makes no sense otherwise.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
I must be so blind because that isn't looking like the same speed lol.

I'm also hearing that it's auto-blocking and FLB'ing on the way in. Gonna have fun testing that to confirm but hoping it's not that much. I mean I'm guilty in Tekken for OS my movement with low parry in space so I have no right to complain, but still lol.
The majority of us just don't even have the game to test things more thoroughly yet. This wavedashing thing might not even be viable most of the time, who knows. I'd stay optimistic for now because it's really early, but the conversation about this kind of stuff is necessary imo because we want the game to be as good as possible. We don't want anything game breaking enough to throw off the balance of the game completely.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
The reveal build was from October, the current game we're playing is from January 23rd. I'm not revealing the source, but it's good. It would make sense, the frame data is a mess, certain krushing blows just trigger for hitting despite what the move list says, there's silly shit like Kotal's f3 being a fully jailing tick throw that's plus on block if he commits to the throw.

The reveal build was from October, the current game we're playing is from January 23rd. I'm not revealing the source, but it's good. It would make sense, the frame data is a mess, certain krushing blows just trigger for hitting despite what the move list says, there's silly shit like Kotal's f3 being a fully jailing tick throw that's plus on block if he commits to the throw.
PLS somebody tell me why its a big thing! Im asking for real. They will fix all this then why bother?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
@Circus , I think many people in the community are overreacting to the wave dashing. If the movement is difficult to execute, which it is according to Alioune, I support it. I am aware there also some people who are complaining about the aesthetics, which is a silly argument. Who cares what it looks like? Tekken 7 is full of goofy movements, yet the game has sold very well and is more popular than ever in tournaments. Finally, as far as those people who are concerned about the anti-zoning aspect, wave dashing will not invalidate zoning. Bad frame data will.

BrobaChett

GODSTOMPER
I was making a really bad joke.

Either way none of this has effected me since the game hasn't officially launched.

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
PLS somebody tell me why its a big thing! Im asking for real. They will fix all this then why bother?
It's just people are reading their own interpretations into my statement I think. It's not a big deal, but it does mean that us guys who have the game early should not be taking this build seriously at all if it's true.