What's new

(Rumor) FGC Player: "I Got a Confirmation That we are Playing Old Build of MK11"

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Tekken's Korean backdash gets a pass because it's difficult to do. It looks dumb as fuck, but you're still impressed when you see it because it means dude is a pimp.

If MK11's dashing looks as dumb as it does and it's easy, then that's just wack

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
@16 Bit, could we possibly get a reason behind why he's apparently wrong?

The reason it's just not true. There is no Kombat Kast final build, this isn't from January, the reveal event wasn't from October.

BTW my advice for ppl would be to stop working yourselves into a shoot over build dates and just play the game and figure out what's going on.

@Circus , I think many people in the community are overreacting to the wave dashing. If the movement is difficult to execute, which it is according to Alioune, I support it. I am aware there also some people who are complaining about the aesthetics, which is a silly argument. Who cares what it looks like? Tekken 7 is full of goofy movements, yet the game has sold very well and is more popular than ever in tournaments. Finally, as far as those people who are concerned about the anti-zoning aspect, wave dashing will not invalidate zoning. Bad frame data will.
Now you know if there's even a hint of a difficult execution technique that gives better players an advantage over casuals then it's gone

Chernyy Volk

Wolf lord, footsie bully, chronic corner abuser.
The reason it's just not true. There is no Kombat Kast final build, this isn't from January, the reveal event wasn't from October.

BTW my advice for ppl would be to stop working yourselves into a shoot over build dates and just play the game and figure out what's going on.
So 1.02 is the final version of the release game?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage

But 16bit!!! Chernyy has a source that is reliable though!!!! :eek::eek:

How could Chernyy of all people be wrong???
Somebody give this man $20 so he could give us more information IMMEDIATELY!!!!

appo

º°˜¨EU¨˜°º

the thing is, people assume the current build is how the final game will be and when thats not the case even a simple "there will be a update" would help to cool some people down. see krypt/tower topic ect.

E

Eldriken

You're right, it's in poor taste, but all the knee-jerk assumptions of things being broken, asking for money for frame data, and now this? I'm sorry for snapping, but it's just next-level frustrating at this point.
The thing is, you have time to think about your response before typing it out in frustration or hitting "post reply".

I know plenty of folks are on edge, hype, frustrated, anxious, etc, but we've gotta keep it civil.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Tekken's Korean backdash gets a pass because it's difficult to do. It looks dumb as fuck, but you're still impressed when you see it because it means dude is a pimp.

If MK11's dashing looks as dumb as it does and it's easy, then that's just wack
See I can live with that. It took me a long time to truly master movement and OS in Tekken, and I pride myself on it. In T5 DR I mastered Bryan's Taunt Cancels like Knee Jr. I can outplay people on my movement and legacy knowledge alone. The reward is justified.

If it turns out like that I'm all for it, but if it's some "practice for 3 hours and mastered superiority" nah lol. We'll have to wait and see.