What's new

General/Other - Ronin Ronin General Discussion Thread

hayatei

Noob
So I was annoyed with the NJP combo that I gave you in the corner. I didn't really give you one. So my swag lord friends, I went to ze lab.

Best I've found without the blade, is 29% using NJP, jump 3, 33 xx quick kall, d1, 112 xx df1. 29%.
with no blade in the corner from njp or ex bf2, do 44 quick call d1 21 bf2 (option to MB and do high damage)

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
So has anyone else noticed that off a quick kall Alien can just use the pounce move, not ex just regular pounce, and beat a good chunk of options despite us being +8

Tweedy

Noob
So has anyone else noticed that off a quick kall Alien can just use the pounce move, not ex just regular pounce, and beat a good chunk of options despite us being +8
F1, B1 and B2 all beat pounce.

Even if it they didn't, that's horrible risk reward for Alien. He's -17 on block, and if pounce lands, that's just 10%.

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
F1, B1 and B2 all beat pounce.

Even if it they didn't, that's horrible risk reward for Alien. He's -17 on block, and if pounce lands, that's just 10%.
It's beat my b2 and f1. I got b1 to land pretty consistently though. Maybe it was online being online. All I know was that it was frustrating to lose my pressure consistently when it should have been guaranteed.

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
So here's something i found out about ronin iv been meaning to post for a long while but just managed to record it now. Don't know if it's already been found

1. It doesn't work on ex projectiles
2. It cost a bar

But something to add to takedas arsonal

r

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
So here's something i found out about ronin iv been meaning to post for a long while but just managed to record it now. Don't know if it's already been found

2. It cost a bar

r
Oh and i forgot to add i think it works on all projectiles - i only tested it on 3 characters tho but don't see why it wouldn't work on all.

Tweedy

Noob

2. It cost a bar

r
The rich get richer. In this case the swag get swaggier lol.

SnowboardRX

^ You have no idea who this guy is ^

2. It cost a bar

r
This was known a while ago. Someone posted a video showing it done against Kitana's fans. However, thanks for an updated video and bringing it to the attention of newer players. :)

Saltea Moonspell

"Mind Over Matter" I dont mind, and X dont matter
Hey guys,

I decided that I want better Hattrick and here I am.

I've been through all 21 pages. Gathered some info , videos am there with you but not quite as far.

God Ronin is so fun with the blade calls.

Two things I like to point out that I did not see and I think they are worth sharing.

1. AA seems to be consistent in my neighborhood so I focused o jump kicks. You can almost always confirm it to ex tornado and follow it up with 21xxbfex2 that leads to well known followups. After 50% corner carry into 50/50 they rather block while I am jumping.
2. F4
Is 20f start up and + 9 on block. It had good range and if you get clean hit you can confirm it with d1xx21 fallow up. If blocked a free b11 check.

I've been playing with Ronin 3 nights and I Am having a blast.

Last edited:
Seems like you could poke, back dash or armour when they throw it. It won't jail.

Mind telling me what he jail into off call back?
he doesn t jail i
Seems like you could poke, back dash or armour when they throw it. It won't jail.

He never jails into anything but after recall f1 will break most armor in the game same with b11

the.hamburglar

Alien keeps me up at night
if it's plus 4 and plus 8 the only poke that'll beat it is 6 frames i believe

so what you guys are telling me is if i don't have a 6 frame poke and i don't have meter i'm in an infinite block loop? seriously?
Exactly how I felt first time I fought a Ronin