What's new

Match-up Discussion RiBBz22's Killer Frost Matchup Chart [Updated: 10/10/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
I agree with both your statements ;) . Maybe it's just my lack of execution skills, but I find Selina more execution heavy than most characters. She has some weird inputs (2,D2) (B12D3) that I tend to fuck up in the heat of battle...btw, I know this isn't the place for it...but do you use Selina's 2D2 often? I find it immensely useful and catches people off guard because the low comes out second.

Yeah I still mess up those inputs sometimes too. :oops:

I do not use that string but I actually just had thought of uses for it and might begin too soon. I was thinking of mixing up 2,d+2 and 1,f+2. The starting jab looks almost exactly the same.

I watched my wife play in a Ladies Only tournament awhile back. It wasn't the highest level play, but she was running KF. Her opponent played Catwoman and they were on Atlantis. KF got into the left-side corner with some distance between them and it seemed like the CW didn't know what to do. If she tried to close in, KF could use the pump. If CW just hung back, it was daggers and iceberg. All the while also having to be careful about a slide, of course. Maybe Bit or Krayzie would have an answer, but in that game CW was completely shut down. After that round, her opponent switched to pre-patch Scorpion and ate her up, no more CW for her.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
"Does this mean you don't like me"

I keep thinking about maining her just for that
She has the fiercest lines..."I'll freeze your HEART!", "You're a beautiful man..." , "Call me!", "Starting to piss me off..."
Love her. Her and Green Arrow/Flash have the best quotes!

astronout

see you at the top.
I'll speak more on the Killer Frost - Catwoman MU once I have the time. All I'll say right now is that the MU for me feels like a 6-4 in Killer Frost's favor but that number can definitely change post patch.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
I don't think she beats Superman. Nobody beats Superman. As of right now lol

But I agree that Batman vs Killer Frost is 5-5
I agree Black Adam is 4-6
I think grundy might actually be 5-5
I think Raven might be 5-5.. Or at least 6-4, but def not 7-3

I don't think it is possible to account for stages in a MU chart. You have to factor out stage and player and just look at each of the characters' tools. I understand your point that the interactables present a wild card, but it is the KF player's job to know what stages they should be trying to get on, and what they will have to do differently in a match if the stage selection doesn't go their way.
It doesn't seem impossible to have two number sets, particularly against Power characters. One for Batcave, one for Metropolis Rooftop. Particularly in IGAU where stage factors so heavily, by design even. If not, then perhaps the numbers should reflect the worst possible stage. My worry is charts like this give fuel to folks thinking KF is OP and better than she really is, when literally half the time her numbers can be worse against the Power characters.

I don't think it was just the damage 'normalization' that made KF drop out of the top 5 in people's tier lists, down to what appears to be 9th-12th in most current lists. I think it was the realisation that KF, one of the very, very few Acrobatic characters, kept getting pummelled on the Rooftop. It was increasingly tough for the KF overplayers to hold her up as a broken character when she was always getting stopped by Power Characters on unfavourable stages.

I don't think I'll ever forget the EVO stream when Balrog's opponent leaned in and told him he wanted Rooftop for the final round. Balrog was a gentleman. He just smiled and lightly shook his head while inputting it, but, 'yeah, ok then, I guess I am just f---ed,' was written on his forehead.

Frost has one bad matchup 7-3 almost a fourth of the cast, wins against Superman, and slide makes her immune to all followups...
Genjutsu release!!!
OK woke up from the bull $%&# to realize it was a joke mu chart with a few real mu's thrown in to make it seem more realistic. Very clever

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
But I agree that Batman vs Killer Frost is 5-5
I agree Black Adam is 4-6
I think grundy might actually be 5-5
I think Raven might be 5-5.. Or at least 6-4, but def not 7-3
Yeah, I think it was 7-3 before the 1.05 patch but it probably is a 6-4 now. We should play the MU next time we're at Manny's. Can you explain why you think it is 6-4? I have already given my thoughts on the MU.

Frost has one bad matchup 7-3 almost a fourth of the cast, wins against Superman, and slide makes her immune to all followups...
Genjutsu release!!!
OK woke up from the bull $%&# to realize it was a joke mu chart with a few real mu's thrown in to make it seem more realistic. Very clever
I am sorry that you can't handle another person's take on matchups when they aren't the same as what you believe them to be. Not offering anything constructive or reasons that you have these issues is a waste. I swear that some people get so butt-hurt over the 7-3 MU number lol.

Lol calm down jk. Though 7/3 are strong numbers to throw around in the fighting game community since most people associate it with pretty much near unwinnable at high level play. I am a bit curious as to what superman players went into the making of this mu chart. As well as what roll if any do interactables play in the m.u. like I said some of the numbers in there I did agree with, but expect skepticism when you make a m.u chart that shows sheer domination against several of the cast as well as even or better against the rest. I mean killer frost is underplayed, so if you have more under your arsenal than yolo slide your bound to have some success.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Yeah, I think it was 7-3 before the 1.05 patch but it probably is a 6-4 now. We should play the MU next time we're at Manny's. Can you explain why you think it is 6-4? I have already given my thoughts on the MU.
We will play at Manny's. But basically when Raven gets in trait Frost can't do shit. Raven punishes her iceberg with full screen grab

RiBBz22

We will play at Manny's. But basically when Raven gets in trait Frost can't do shit. Raven punishes her iceberg with full screen grab
Yeah, I agree that when Raven is in trait it is where KF has issues against her...you just have to be patient and wait for it to expire. You can still walk forward and block the grabs, be ready to d2 teleport attempts, and possibly slide lightning attempts although that option is risky. Outside of trait I feel like Raven takes a lot more risk than KF does because of how hard she punishes SC.
Lol calm down jk. Though 7/3 are strong numbers to throw around in the fighting game community since most people associate it with pretty much near unwinnable at high level play. I am a bit curious as to what superman players went into the making of this mu chart. As well as what roll if any do interactables play in the m.u. like I said some of the numbers in there I did agree with, but expect skepticism when you make a m.u chart that shows sheer domination against several of the cast as well as even or better against the rest. I mean killer frost is underplayed, so if you have more under your arsenal than yolo slide your bound to have some success.
I understand the concerns about the interactables affecting the balance of a match, but I don't factor them into any match-up chart. When I think of a MU chart, I only take into account things like the characters tools against each other, which of those tools shut the opponent's down or limit them, and how risky those tools are to use. I could play the best Superman player, get bodied 10-0 because I am either not as good or have an off day, but my feeling about what the MU is would not change. If I watched a match at a level where both players are adept at the game and I saw some sort of tech/strategy limiting what another character could do, that is the sort of thing I am looking for.

Why do you think it is impossible that KF could win this MU? What makes the KF player uncomfortable or limited against Superman?

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
I play Raven as well, and while in trait Frost's options are limited, she can still do something when Raven....does something.....

I'd rather play you than spill the beans here....
All the times we've faced it was against Raven, and only once against your Batman. This, of course, was way back when.

Nothing limits her to an extent, which is a benefit to her, guess I am looking at it more in a tournament scenario. To me the lack of air control could eventually be exploited as she is counter pick taken to stages like the rooftop or joker's asylum etc. Even if you manage to get the first win, you have to worry about a hard counter stage change, as well as the fact that even in a tie break, the best stage you can probably take him is Gotham streets for dumpster spamming. Not disagreeing too much, considering I saw it near enough to a 5/5 to not sweat minor differences in opinion. It was only when I added this mu to some of the other mu listed that I started to feel that the numbers could potentially be inflated. If I recognized some of the superman players you played against to come to this number I would have felt more assured of your findings, but tym is full of so much theory fighting, I can't help but be skeptical to every tier list and mu chart so I apologize if I sounded like a douche.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Not that I'm agreeing that KF beats supes, but doesn't KF have more victories over supes than he does over her in tourney play?

I could've sworn bit beat KDZ

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Not that I'm agreeing that KF beats supes, but doesn't KF have more victories over supes than he does over her in tourney play?

Nah, we did play at CEO but he won. Close 2-1.

RiBBz22

Yeah, tournament wins really don't mean much to me to be honest. Do you just think the MU is even? What really concerns you the most in the MU?

xKhaoTik

Yeah, tournament wins really don't mean much to me to be honest. Do you just think the MU is even? What really concerns you the most in the MU?

Yea I feel like its even. I'm not scared of supes tho. The MU just feels life lead based and they both have the tools to deal with each other perfectly.

RiBBz22

Yea I feel like its even. I'm not scared of supes tho. The MU just feels life lead based and they both have the tools to deal with each other perfectly.
I think the same thing, but I think the parry is what gives the edge to Frost when it comes down to it.

LEGEND

YES!

if only KDZ knew how to zone. . .or how to stuff KF's wake-ups. . .or how to react to her vortex

Supes still beats KF. Having a way to stop repeat F23-breath is what Superman wants, it is never a determining factor in his MUs

xKhaoTik

if only KDZ knew how to zone. . .or how to stuff KF's wake-ups. . .or how to react to her vortex

Supes still beats KF. Having a way to stop repeat F23-breath is what Superman wants, it is never a determining factor in his MUs

DEFINITELY doesnt beat her, at all. His zoning isn't doing anything to her. She has the tools to deal with supes better than most. No way does he beat her.

Status
Not open for further replies.