What's new

Match-up Discussion RiBBz22's Killer Frost Matchup Chart [Updated: 10/10/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RunwayMafia

Shoot them. Shoot them all.
Honestly you can punish his charge just the same now but just in a different way. I mean yeah the parry is much easier but when you think about it doing it that way just costs more meter. You can jump behind it and slide for a punish into vortex. Scroll up you peasant and learn how to read lol, I've been saying I have been waiting for the patch for ages. Name drop lmao. :p
"Peasant". lol. Listen, you common man home-o-wner...who's got time to read about you NOT playing? tee hee hee he he ;)

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
It still matters. Up close, now he can put a lot of pressure on you with Raging Charge's high chip. She used to be able to parry in response to the wind up from that distance, but now she can't, and it can be tough to get over the charge from that angle.

Jump? Mbf3?

Jump? Mbf3?
I'm not saying there are no ways around it, and I acknowledged that you can still jump from that angle. But it's a lot harder when you're under threat of venomed double punch or command grab. You can't just toss out parry on reaction to the startup anymore, any by the time he starts moving, it's too late for a lot of reactions to it.

Rickyraws

This mean you don't like me?
NRF CharlieMurphy

Ricky: *Whispers*Pssst! Charlie! Charlie are you awake?

Charlie Murphy: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.....

Ricky: *Whispers*Alright guys he's asleep! Bring the footage!

Timmy: Tee hee hee bring the footage, Johnny!

Johnny grabs the footage

Johnny: Tee hee hahahah, he's gonna be sooo mad!

Ricky: Quick, put it under his pillow. If he doesn't know who it's from he can't complain to the camp headmaster!

Timmy: HAHAHA, alright alright let's go let's go!

Ricky and the others fled, cackling quietly like madmen.

Rickyraws

Lmao I died EVERYTIME u did slide into Parry. He fell for it everytime lmao
That wasn't me. While that was an admirable Frost, let's not get carried away here; no Grundy will ever take MY first bar in a match :joker:

I found it hilarious as well, but I suppose it was true to the character: Grundy being brain dead means the fool me twice thing will never allow him to catch on.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Ribbz is clearly the only one who thinks that. Everyone else is saying 6-4, and I'm saying it might be a 5-5, especially post patch.

Also, do tell about the slide punish.
Ribbz and Kahotik or whatever its spelled as lol.
Its cool, people say 7-3 and when they get their backs blown out that's when its time to reconsider.

xKhaoTik

Me and ribbz just know our character inside and out.

It's not our fault we study MUs and others don't.

Like I said, I think bane is garbage and I don't see how he's a threat for frost. There hasn't been not one bane who has made me reconsider the MU, and ive played A LOT of bane's.

And I'm 100% confident there isn't ANY bane who will blow my back out. It'll be the other way around actually.

Rickyraws

Like I said, I think bane is garbage and I don't see how he's a threat for frost. There hasn't been not one bane who has made me reconsider the MU, and ive played A LOT of bane's.

And I'm 100% confident there isn't ANY bane who will blow my back out. It'll be the other way around actually.
Have you played Grr?

I've played Grr on numerous occasions.
Conclusion: MU is still 7-3 Frost with or without parryable charge. Few people know this, but when Bane says "Pitiful creature" it is actually a self reflection quote, as he reassesses himself.

Evidence:

His reaction to the MU is apparent.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor

That's cool and opinionated and all.
We can punish slide on block and you'll never have a chance to do 90% of what you think you can do, so yeah you can think its 7-3 all day but Banes have it pegged at 6-4 and looking at your description of the match scenario I don't know if your side can be trusted. Ribbz I'd trust but he hasn't played the best of us yet so I'd like his opinion after that.
But hey, between us upplayers I can respect the enthusiasm. Just try to get a slightly more believable story next time around, maybe one that shows you ACTUALLY know the opposing character beyond "Oh we can punish charge every time with everything ever."

xKhaoTik

That's cool and opinionated and all.
We can punish slide on block and you'll never have a chance to do 90% of what you think you can do, so yeah you can think its 7-3 all day but Banes have it pegged at 6-4 and looking at your description of the match scenario I don't know if your side can be trusted. Ribbz I'd trust but he hasn't played the best of us yet so I'd like his opinion after that.
But hey, between us upplayers I can respect the enthusiasm. Just try to get a slightly more believable story next time around, maybe one that shows you ACTUALLY know the opposing character beyond "Oh we can punish charge every time with everything ever."

Why are you so butthurt? It's a very bad MU. Just accept it lol.

Idc if you don't wanna trust me. I never asked for it nor do I care for it. But all I see from Bane players are "its 6-4 because she can't wake up" or "armor bro". Lol it's hilarious.

But w.e. You guys can still have hope in the MU if y'all want. Just dont play me the same way you play other frost players.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Why are you so butthurt? It's a very bad MU. Just accept it lol.

Idc if you don't wanna trust me. I never asked for it nor do I care for it. But all I see from Bane players are "its 6-4 because she can't wake up" or "armor bro". Lol it's hilarious.

But w.e. You guys can still have hope in the MU if y'all want. Just dont play me the same way you play other frost players.
Meh. I'm not hurt but when you are so blatantly and blindly wrong I felt I should at least point in the right direction.

Its funny, all I see from you is "____ is 7-3" and when asked why you can't even form a half-decent explanation. I think we got the most extensive answer, and about 90% of it was wrong sooo... yeah. If you want to keep saying Bane is garbage I won't stop you, but if you're gonna tell me a bedtime story about how the magical frost players know exactly how to avoid every possible problem then I'd prefer a version with some form of talking animals... possibly unicorns if that's within your vast creative reservoir.

If you can cook up even a somewhat decent rebuttal I'd be impressed to see it, but you'll probably coy out of it as though you can't be troubled. That's fine and dandy, you've already spent so long sleeping that I'd feel rude to wake you up. :cool:

Have you played Grr?

I've played Grr on numerous occasions.
Conclusion: MU is still 7-3 Frost with or without parryable charge.

I've played Grr plenty and do well against him. I also win even more with Scorpion, and that matchup sure as hell isn't 7-3. I don't see how that's indicative of anything.

Payoff matrices in his oki game are pretty close to each other. Neutral game lets him call the shots. Can't zone him. I've laid out all the reasoning behind this, and the responses I get:

Ribbz - 'lol zone him out, his oki is punishable' (ignores that you have to guess with a 1/3 chance of success to get a punish)

Khaotik - 'I'm the best, I say it's 7-3, you should take my opinion at face value'

Not buying either nonargument.

Rickyraws

I've played Grr plenty and do well against him. I also win even more with Scorpion, and that matchup sure as hell isn't 7-3. I don't see how that's indicative of anything.

Payoff matrices in his oki game are pretty close to each other. Neutral game lets him call the shots. Can't zone him. I've laid out all the reasoning behind this, and the responses I get:

Ribbz - 'lol zone him out, his oki is punishable' (ignores that you have to guess with a 1/3 chance of success to get a punish)

Khaotik - 'I'm the best, I say it's 7-3, you should take my opinion at face value'

Not buying either nonargument.
My main thing is that there's a patch coming next week with changes explicitly listed for Bane. As a result, this discussion is very inconsequential, and so my two cents is littered with satire. Take what I say with a grain of salt.

@MylesWright_

I'll be back 3ing
Meh. I'm not hurt but when you are so blatantly and blindly wrong I felt I should at least point in the right direction.

Its funny, all I see from you is "____ is 7-3" and when asked why you can't even form a half-decent explanation. I think we got the most extensive answer, and about 90% of it was wrong sooo... yeah. If you want to keep saying Bane is garbage I won't stop you, but if you're gonna tell me a bedtime story about how the magical frost players know exactly how to avoid every possible problem then I'd prefer a version with some form of talking animals... possibly unicorns if that's within your vast creative reservoir.

If you can cook up even a somewhat decent rebuttal I'd be impressed to see it, but you'll probably coy out of it as though you can't be troubled. That's fine and dandy, you've already spent so long sleeping that I'd feel rude to wake you up. :cool:
If you say or believe Killer Frost as being anything other than top 3 your at risk of being a downplayer

My main thing is that there's a patch coming next week with changes explicitly listed for Bane. As a result, this discussion is very inconsequential, and so my two cents is littered with satire. Take what I say with a grain of salt.
Too late. You used fighting words, and now we can only resolve this dispute with a children's card game.

I'll be a gentleman and let you pick the card game.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
If you say or believe Killer Frost as being anything other than top 3 your at risk of being a downplayer
I don't see her being better than Supes, BA, or Batgirl who does her job only better and for free.
Its a sad day when an entire sub-forum just about are bigger up-players than even I.

I don't see her being better than Supes, BA, or Batgirl who does her job only better and for free.
Its a sad day when an entire sub-forum just about are bigger up-players than even I.
Shhh. Ribbz might lock the thread if he thinks you're downplaying.

Lalala... so as we were saying, KF has absolutely no weaknesses beyond what Ribbz and Khaotic have already previously said, and she's probably the best character in any fighting game ever. More broken than ST Akuma maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.