Video/Tutorial REO (MMH) takes on Noobe (Doomsday), a preview of NECXIV

Immortal

Blind justice....
Potential 5-5 vs kabal

Lao
Kenshi
Sonya
Cyrax
Even if thats true 4 != 14 which is the number of even MMH MUs.

Also for the sake of hype lets talk about Kabal even MUs:

Lao - according to PL and if remember correctly FK is in Kabal fav.
Kenshi - no argue here, you would know best.
Sonya - MyGod always said its in Kabal fav.
Cyrax - if i remeber correctly DJT even after winning EVO said it's still in Kabal fav.

coolwhip

Noob
For the record, comparing MMH to Kabal is so premature it's not even funny. He might be the next Kabal. Hell he might be worse. But with Kabal, we had over 2 years worth of data to prove that. We saw him at a very high level against every character in the game, after the game had been fleshed out.

With MMH, we don't know as much. Most match-ups are still a work in progress, and we still don't know as much about the game. People are talking like REO has already booked his spot in the Grand Finals for the next 5 majors. To be clear, REO is my pick to win NEC, but let's not count our eggs before they hatch.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
More reo footage plz so I can steal his tech spacing footsies strategies and/or any other useful information I can glean and sponge up. Fake it till ya make it

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Maaan, I'm not sure any of those are real 5-5's. They felt like it at times because those characters were able to compete with him, and didn't do as bad as others, but I wouldn't say they genuinely went even. Plus, up until EVO 2013, everyone and their mother swore that Cyrax-Kabal was a 3-7 match-up (DJT had to play out of his mind to win that match-up, and even then, it was a case of him outplaying the player. Not the match-up being even. Though it's definitely not 3-7).

I'll only speak for Lao, since he was my main. He does better than most against Kabal, but he doesn't win that match-up. If Kabal has meter, Lao can't use any of his mobility tools. Ex dash blows up everything (including whiffed Jk/DK). Plus, Cat's back dash + standing 4 punish of tele 3 really was a game changer in that match-up (see REO vs. PL at EVO this year). It's 6-4 Kabal IMO. FOREVER KING agrees, by the way.

Anyway, I'm sure nobody's interested in talking MK match-up numbers...
True lol

Crathen

Death is my business
Some people can't see how those characters will evolve in the future , i still see room for improvement ( especially MMH ) and how players like Reo will push MMH to the limits , i notice very good strats from his MMH , he gets it , using OH teleport threat after J1 is smart as people will try to fuzzy the low / OH mixup and could interrupt people from mashing d1s ( this makes his low option very good and OH teleport hitting a character in the middle of the transition from crouching to stand block is safer this way -5 at least ) , covering his gaps with MB orbs into mixups , smart use of interactable setups.

His orb spacing preventing people from MB b3 on OH tele is good too.

How could this character flew under the radar? His potential is very high , it does take a great player to show it out especially when poeple will adapt to the matchup , this early in the game no one really dedicated themselves to understanding and playing him for a consistent time.

Good games and i have to say that's very cool to actually see some online high level on Noobe youtbe , i'm subscribing for the good stuff.

Some people can't see how those characters will evolve in the future , i still see room for improvement ( especially MMH ) and how players like Reo will push MMH to the limits , i notice very good strats from his MMH , he gets it , using OH teleport threat after J1 is smart as people will try to fuzzy the low / OH mixup and could interrupt people from mashing d1s ( this makes his low option very good and OH teleport hitting a character in the middle of the transition from crouching to stand block is safer this way -5 at least ) , covering his gaps with MB orbs into mixups , smart use of interactable setups.

His orb spacing preventing people from MB b3 on OH tele is good too.

How could this character flew under the radar? His potential is very high , it does take a great player to show it out especially when poeple will adapt to the matchup , this early in the game no one really dedicated themselves to understanding and playing him for a consistent time.

Good games and i have to say that's very cool to actually see some online high level on Noobe youtbe , i'm subscribing for the good stuff.
good analysis, yeah I agree, I was surprised he flew under the radar during the last patch and that he got a buff he really didn't even need lol. I believe REO/ Emperor Jupiter are the only top MMH players that will be attending NEC, should be interesting.

Pig Of The Hut

good analysis, yeah I agree, I was surprised he flew under the radar during the last patch and that he got a buff he really didn't even need lol. I believe REO/ Emperor Jupiter are the only top MMH players that will be attending NEC, should be interesting.
Crazy Dominican

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I have a very simple question. Well, a couple of them.

It's been said that once people know how to block Earthshaker, DD will drop in placement and become worse.

So...say I master how to block Earthshaker, doesn't that actually give DD more options? After a blocked D1, if I read he goes for Earthshaker, I'll be blocking in anticipation. The Doomsday player knows I'm looking for ES and does a cross-up, instead. Or a throw. Or something else.

This idea of blocked Earthshakers killing Doomsday doesn't make any sense to me. It's not like you can "on reaction" block it. I would think you have to be scouting it.

Am I making any sense?

RIF

Noob
These videos speak about Doomsday as much as it does MMH. Everyone knows how good MMH is, but there are still people who believe Doomsday is not a top tier or tourney viable character. He doesn't have match-ups where he is at such a disadvantage that he cannot win. There are solid characters that have REAL problems against a number of top tier characters. The odds of avoiding ALL of these characters diminishes as the group of top tier characters grows smaller. If your character has 3-7/4-6 against popular top-tier characters, the viability of said character in tournament decreases.

I don't really blame the MMH forums for the downplaying. The reality is that with this community, and these forums in particular you have to downplay a top tier character or fear the oncoming onslaught of peons with pitchforks.

How many times did people discredit KDZ because he played Superman? How many threads were made about nerfing Superman? Threads frequently made by the most casual of casual players, players with no idea about the current or future meta of the game?

That said, this is basically just the tip of the iceberg. MMH has corpse hop tech. MMH has some of the best interactable resets. And unless some groundbreaking tech is discovered to counter him he is simply the best in the game. And not by a terribly small margin.

sn1kzZe

Noob
man REO has to work so hard compared to doomsday, this MMH doesn't seem to suit REO, its too buggy with those reversal wakeups, he needs something like flash so he can overwhelm the opponent.

he plays so fast but MMH really seems like you need to be more patient at times.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
What? Doomsday is awesome. And people say that Doomsday is braindead clearly don't get it. There is a difference between garbage Doomsdays and good Doomsdays.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
man REO has to work so hard compared to doomsday, this MMH doesn't seem to suit REO, its too buggy with those reversal wakeups, he needs something like flash so he can overwhelm the opponent.

he plays so fast but MMH really seems like you need to be more patient at times.
such a "boring" character but apparently you didnt know he can reverse wakeups.

Pig Of The Hut

reversal wakeup glitch is universal

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
What? Doomsday is awesome. And people say that Doomsday is braindead clearly don't get it. There is a difference between garbage Doomsdays and good Doomsdays.
I used to think doomsday was braindead then I realized it would take more than no effort at all to play him as well as guys like Noobe do. If I'm not confusing any facts or figures here, that means that Doomsday is, in fact, not braindead.

E

Eldriken

I think Noobe is the ONLY Doomsday player I would actually want to do a mirror match against.

I'm not some über Doomsday player or anything, but I would like to see how I would do against him and possibly learn a few things.