What's new

Video/Tutorial REO (MMH) takes on Noobe (Doomsday), a preview of NECXIV

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
If you want a small preview to what North East Championship XIV might be like come December 6-8 then you might wanna check out some solid gameplay. These matches are between Florida Doomsday monster, Noobe taking on the most well-known Martian Manhunter player, REO. To our knowledge, both of these guys are confirmed for NEC and both show no mercy... ~ STORMS

Good Luck to everyone at NEC, you guys think you've played a real MMH? LOL

Doomsday Community thinks DD wins the MU?

MMH Players think he has all these bad MUs?

If you arent on this level of play you need not speak

Bow now to your maker

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Vagrant

Noob
but at the same time seriously go through the MMH forums, you would swear to god he has like 5 bad MUs and this is one of them they always talk about.
I agree they are either misinformed or have misjudged the character.
This is why I don't like people posting MU numbers on this site, and why i had my MU thread locked.
Very few people realize the true way MMH should be playing each of his MUs in the first place.

REO gets it.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Very nice martian, I like how he uses + strings and orb pressure/mixups more than teleport mixups, will be interesting seeing him at NEC.

Immortal

Blind justice....
This attitude sucks.
This.

AK Pig Of The Hut - you really sound like M2Dave, this "i know best you known nothing or REO is a god you all are shit" attitude has to stop it doesn't do anything good for the community.

I'm a MMH player and i never said that he has any bad MU in fact imo he has several 5-5 MU but no losing match up.

Last edited:

LanceMonsoon

All in on Johnny Football
Just a matter of time before theres like 5 MMHs in every top 8. :(

EDIT: also yea the only MMH I talk too is my bro HazeJupiter and he has never said he loses to 5 chars he says maybe Flash thats it.

Ashenar

Just a slightly above average player.....
after playing rebelo and watching some of this. I say while MMH clearly doesn't have to care much in certain match ups and even less in certain situations. I feel it's going to come down to ether really being a mind reader against the other player or picking the character it's self up.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
This.

AK Pig Of The Hut - you really sound like M2Dave, this "i know best you known nothing or REO is a god you all are shit" attitude has to stop it doesn't do anything good for the community.

I'm a MMH player and i never said that he has any bad MU in fact imo he has several 5-5 MU but no losing match up.
Deal w it

DarkPage

Noob
Also what I think is good to take away from this, is even though its online, seems pretty obvious that Doomsday can compete. Which kinda help take away that idea that MMH is this be all end all character.

Vinci212

Hungry Game Dev
bow now to your maker line is obviously a joke, i dont walk around saying that lol

but at the same time seriously go through the MMH forums, you would swear to god he has like 5 bad MUs and this is one of them they always talk about.
I would love to sit down and discuss this at NEC Brant, I am a few matches in and all I am seeing is a doomsday that does not know how to play against MMH. This alone is extremely frustrating, considering players have been conditioned to this matchup before MMH released (with Batgirl). Reo blocks most of the doomsday rushdown very convincingly, but Noobe's play seems relatively neutral and does not seem to take the matchup into account. For instance, Noobe, jumps for a flying car and is obviously punished. After the first punish of jumping for the flying car interact, he then again jumps for the car, allowing REO to punish him. These matches only seem to help me think that REO could beat Noobe in a DD mirror money match.

With more and more tech and information surfacing on how to blow up martian's teleports, I just find these matches nothing more than evidence that REO could pick up any character and make him look great. (It is also worth noting that if MMH wins this matchup, he has to sacrifice a whole lot of health and use unsafe tactics just to wipe Doomsday up.)

Last edited:

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The Martian Manhunter forum claims that bad match ups are Aquaman, Bane, Doomsday, Lex Luthor, and The Flash.

Fools.

Awesome games, by the way. REO looks like as though he never stopped playing.