What's new

Video/Tutorial REO (MMH) takes on Noobe (Doomsday), a preview of NECXIV

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Batman is not afraid of Martians...

This means every one should just play Batman.

:)

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I have another thought.

Could it be possible that MMH players weren't downplaying before?
Is it possible that they actually thought x amount of bad match-ups were bad?

Now I know this is a radical and likely improbable train of thought, but follow me here.
With relation to the rest of the cast, and his placement in the release line-up of DLC, MMH hasn't been around as long as many other characters.
Add to that his execution barrier and you probably don't have that many true MMH mains out there.

So when they're talking, still learning their character, they discuss certain match-ups and their struggles in them.
Could it be that them saying these match-ups are bad is just apart of the learning process?

Are we sure they're horrible down players that need to be put on "blast" by posting a set of online casuals because reasons?
What if they're still learning the match-up and posting what they feel about it at the time? Match-ups change over time, don't they?

Yes, good players will play characters better than less-stellar players. That's pretty obvious. However, top players get the match-up wrong intially as well. It's not like the gane has been out for two years or more like MK. No one knows every match-up 100%. Hell, even high-level players aren't doing as many reversals and whiff punishes as possible, because the game is still evolving.

What if they're not downplaying...they're just trying to learn?

Imagine that...a competitive site where players share information to become better players.

Surely, this is an irrational concept and I should be banned.

Most experienced players speculated that he may be top just seeing his tools. Within a day of lab work it should have been pretty damn apparent that he was without question top 5-10. And by now anyone who plays seriously should understand the Meta well enough to see why he is a problem.

MMH isn't like Zod where you can excuse not seeing him as being great because his tools are freaking convoluted.

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
This was great to watch. I've been thinking of picking up Doomsday for 3 mu's that Cyborg/Adam give me trouble. Zod, Sinestro, and MMH.
Dude it is totally worth it. I don't know how I didn't see it before. My 2 week DD is already making my life easier against some shat MUs. He is pretty easy to learn also, he is really a yomi/footsie charecter. Kinda reminds me of Johnny cage lol.

He has a couple tight frame links, for which DD players claim to make him a high execution charecter, but it is laughable how easy he is compared to Cyborg. His play style does kinda of encourage braindead gameplay, so it is something you have to look out for

Relaxedstate

PTH|RM Relaxedstate
Also, I have been saying people can forward dash the OH TP on reaction for a while (but no one believes me). Practice with a buddy offline and you will see that you start getting more often than not.

Hint: Think camera pan on regarding far vs close character distance

It is actually an interesting variable about this game which has fallen under the radar. It potentially impacts the game and playstyles for several charecters

NRF CharlieMurphy

Kindergarten Meta
Noobes doomsday is on another level.
no
Dude it is totally worth it. I don't know how I didn't see it before. My 2 week DD is already making my life easier against some shat MUs. He is pretty easy to learn also, he is really a yomi/footsie charecter. Kinda reminds me of Johnny cage lol.

He has a couple tight frame links, for which DD players claim to make him a high execution charecter, but it is laughable how easy he is compared to Cyborg. His play style does kinda of encourage braindead gameplay, so it is something you have to look out for
Encourages? You mean IS.
If you didn't know that was Noobe....... we'd be tearing him apart for only doing d1~ES like a bagillion times.

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
If Doomsday is so braindead, you'd think someone would've won a major with him by now. I mean, it's so easy right?

GGA Saucy Jack

The artist formerly known as ImNewbieSauce
Doomsday is "braindead" at a scrubby level of play. Both the DD, and their opponents.

If you just stand still after MB venom, then it may look braindead.
if you dont have a plan for how to handle his trait, it may look braindead
If you cant block es, it may look braindead

But here is some "real talk" for everyone thinking Doomy is braindead.

Its. Your. Fault.

If you allow me to do MB venom into d1 es, why the fuck would I do anything else?
if you allow me to go ham when I have trait, why would I do anything else?
if you cant avoid supernova, why would I think twice?

Once Doomsday (like EVERY other character) has to think, its no longer braindead, and then it gets fun.

But if you are free to MB venom on block into d1 ES...well...you havent made me change my strategy. Thats your fault, not doomsdays.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I don't even really like Injustice. I play about an hour a week. I stay around here and follow the game simply because I enjoy this community. I've met some damn cool people at tournaments that I'd never have met otherwise, and can't wait to see everyone at NEC.

But lately the animosity around these forums is a huge turnoff for me. MK9 had infinitely better rivalries than Injustice does, and they managed to generate hype without ever feeling mean. I feel like lately when I read these forums, the trash talking is there, but all of the fun is not. Instead it generally just ends up feeling toxic and exhausting instead of exciting.

Just the two cents of someone who wants to see this community succeed and grow. I came here at the start of MK9 and loved it, but if I was just coming here now for the first time, I'd be way less incentivized to stay. Can we bring the fun back?