What's new

Video/Tutorial REO (MMH) takes on Noobe (Doomsday), a preview of NECXIV

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
The Martian Manhunter forum claims that bad match ups are Aquaman, Bane, Doomsday, Lex Luthor, and The Flash.

Fools.

Awesome games, by the way. REO looks like as though he never stopped playing.
You also made several claims and you were wrong. So people are entitled to make mistakes, no?

I'm enjoying the matches. REO's doing great!

M2Dave

Zoning Master
With more and more tech and information surfacing on how to blow up martian's teleports, I just find these matches nothing more than evidence that REO could pick up any character and make him look great. (It is also worth noting that if MMH wins this matchup, he has to sacrifice a whole lot of health and use unsafe tactics just to wipe Doomsday up.)
How do you blow up Martian Manhunter's teleport? Walk forward? Dash forward? MB b+3? Fool, please. The teleport is very difficult to react to when used properly.

These games proved if you know how to block earth shaker 80% of the time, the character struggles to do any meaningful damage, as I have said a thousand times.

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
How do you blow up Martian Manhunter's teleport? Walk forward? Dash forward? MB b+3? Fool, please. The teleport is very difficult to react to when used properly.

These games proved if you know how to block earth shaker 80% of the time, the character struggles to do any meaningful damage.
^This is true.

ABACABB

End Of Humanity

These games proved if you know how to block earth shaker 80% of the time, the character struggles to do any meaningful damage, as I have said a thousand times.
ye but who will block it 80% of time ? especially if DD player is not doing only d1ES but mixing it up with sweep , throws :)

Vinci212

Hungry Game Dev

Please, explain to me what is the proper way to use a teleport, describe a specific setup. As I have said in my status yesterday, Shazam after blocking a downward teleport can grab MMH if he blocks, and flying elbow him when he backdashes. If you downward teleport Superman he can block and either a. punish you with a F2,3 (Probably has to do with the P2W block issue) or you are stuck in that F2,3 pressure and have to burn a bar if you want to reset footsies. Shazam can teleport into MMH's meter burn orbs and nullify them. Most characters can read a trait standing 3 from martian and B3 MB punish or dash in on him, not to mention blow up the teleports the same way. I am not seeing this tech being used, and it has been confirmed. Instead I am seeing people constantly say that he is top 2 but I am not seeing concrete evidence.

the question is, who lost? noobe or doomsday? this mmh is good but not quite as scary as a certain other thread depicted him. cant wait to see him against ricos Adam (as Long as hes not washed up).

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Please, explain to me what is the proper way to use a teleport, describe a specific setup. As I have said in my status yesterday, Shazam after blocking a downward teleport can grab MMH if he blocks, and flying elbow him when he backdashes. If you downward teleport Superman he can block and either a. punish you with a F2,3 (Probably has to do with the P2W block issue) or you are stuck in that F2,3 pressure and have to burn a bar if you want to reset footsies. Shazam can teleport into MMH's meter burn orbs and nullify them. Most characters can read a trait standing 3 from martian and B3 MB punish or dash in on him, not to mention blow up the teleports the same way. I am not seeing this tech being used, and it has been confirmed. Instead I am seeing people constantly say that he is top 2 but I am not seeing concrete evidence.
First of all, you can read and punish any single move that hits once with MB b+3. That is no secret anti-Martian Manhunter tech. Besides, you can stand at a certain range and many characters' MB b+3s cannot reach trait 3.

Instant overhead teleport is more difficult to react to than the regular overhead teleport because of the slight speed difference. The constant "when is the teleport coming" threat allows MMH to dictate the pace of the match, similar to vanilla Scorpion.

Also, why would any MMH player teleport on Shazam? The teleport is an anti-zoning and anti-interactable tool, and Shazam is not going to be standing full screen away trying to zone MMH.

Superman can punish MMH's overhead teleport. How does Superman do versus MMH? I have no idea, but I think there is a great chance that we will have the privilege to see the match up at NEC.

The point is, characters like Mileena and Sektor have to make good reads to punish fireballs and jumps. They have to react in time to punish or they will get punished themselves. MMH does not care about being punished because the overhead teleport is safe versus 90% of all characters.

You theory fight while players like Pig and I have fought all the worthy MMH players out there. If you think we are missing something, go fight REO, Rebelo, or Blak Felow and show us.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
It didn't really seem like Noobe knew the MU that well, but they were interesting games to watch.

My favorite part is that the first 10 games ended 6-4 in DD's favor.
When the MU was played out and developed the score was different

But it was funny yes lol

Pig Of The Hut

I would love to sit down and discuss this at NEC Brant, I am a few matches in and all I am seeing is a doomsday that does not know how to play against MMH. This alone is extremely frustrating, considering players have been conditioned to this matchup before MMH released (with Batgirl). Reo blocks most of the doomsday rushdown very convincingly, but Noobe's play seems relatively neutral and does not seem to take the matchup into account. For instance, Noobe, jumps for a flying car and is obviously punished. After the first punish of jumping for the flying car interact, he then again jumps for the car, allowing REO to punish him. These matches only seem to help me think that REO could beat Noobe in a DD mirror money match.

With more and more tech and information surfacing on how to blow up martian's teleports, I just find these matches nothing more than evidence that REO could pick up any character and make him look great. (It is also worth noting that if MMH wins this matchup, he has to sacrifice a whole lot of health and use unsafe tactics just to wipe Doomsday up.)
Sounds good lets talk at Nec

Immortal

Blind justice....
How well I do or Dave does has no bearing on any of the points made

I'm sorry you can't play MMH

Maybe you should pick up Aquaman
I have no clue where did you get the impression i can't play MMH.

And yes it has a bearing, coz you and him are making authoritative statements like you are some gods in IGAU lol. So lets see it.

Yep

That's the point

But MMH players like Immortal get their backs blown out and claim it's awful
Please point where did i say MMH has even one loosing MU?

In fact even in this thread i said:

This.

AK Pig Of The Hut - you really sound like M2Dave, this "i know best you known nothing or REO is a god you all are shit" attitude has to stop it doesn't do anything good for the community.

I'm a MMH player and i never said that he has any bad MU in fact imo he has several 5-5 MU but no losing match up.
Read again. I'm sorry but you are acting like a ... and have no clue.

Pig Of The Hut

I have no clue where did you get the impression i can't play MMH.

And yes it has a bearing, coz you and him are making authoritative statements like you are some gods in IGAU lol. So lets see it.

Please point where did i say MMH has even one loosing MU?

Read again. I'm sorry but you are acting like a ... and have no clue.
It's not just me it's tons of us who talk behind scenes bout this

We just don't randomly appear making proclamations . This has been discussed for months

Who do u play ? What's your tag

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
The Martian Manhunter forum claims that bad match ups are Aquaman, Bane, Doomsday, Lex Luthor, and The Flash.

Fools.

Awesome games, by the way. REO looks like as though he never stopped playing.
The entire forum thinks that? I think you have a habit of finding one guy's opinion and since it was posted on that character's forum, assuming that everyone who posts there agrees. I just poked around on the MMH forums and I saw a couple people saying DD was a 5-5 matchup. Then I see REO's matchup chart on there showing 5-5.

So.... what are you talking about?