What's new

Regarding the "KL is now Jade tier comment"

you are obsessed with PL man, he makes one comment and you make a whole thread about it. The jade comment was obviously not serious. About cdjr and pl runback, people had been saying they want a runback between reo and pl for months after evo, just because we aren't saying this after god knows how many months after evo doesn't mean people don't want to see it.

About Kl,
I dont care what anybody says, I know lao didnt need the +20 low hat on hit but removing the recovery was ridiculous imo, that was his tool against low hitbox characters. The problem is against low hitbox characters is that lao can't start his offense at all, his strings whiff, he needs to make the other character commit to standing up before he can start anything. against the low hitbox characters he can't use any pokes to start his offense either.

Sometimes I am just confused about this characters, sometimes I think he is top 5 and sometimes he is barely top 10. But I just like his playstyle and am gonna stick with him regardless.

DeathTouch

Iceman
m2dave likes to revolve everything concerning strategies and tier placement around projectiles. Keep that in mind when trying to argue with him.

What's funny is how everyone was so immediate to give Perfect Legend his run back with CDjr weeks after MLG, yet when I claimed I was going to run it back months after EVO at MLG Raleigh 2011 and Devastation, people said I was a salty bitch that didn't deserve it. Funny how things go sometimes. I really couldn't care less about facing PL at this time and age.
Thats because you would destroy PL today REO

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
What's funny is how everyone was so immediate to give Perfect Legend his run back with CDjr weeks after MLG, yet when I claimed I was going to run it back months after EVO at MLG Raleigh 2011 and Devastation, people said I was a salty bitch that didn't deserve it. Funny how things go sometimes. I really couldn't care less about facing PL at this time and age.
Shut the hell up you salty trash bitch

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Lao can interrupt alot of strings with a full combo punish and wins all trades with spin. Why isn't he top 5 again?

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
dude are you sure that sonya doesn't blow him up also....
i really think you know your shit I am just interested in your opinion on the Kung Lao Sonya matchup...

I also think Kung Lao is the 4th best character in the game....
Am, it depends really, it depends on how often Sonya players will just string in Cartwheel after a F1 MS on block, Kung Lao has the advantage there, sonya will always fear the spin if she trys to press buttons.

And when :x is available, Kung can rush allot more than usual. So it depends on how you play it, also, punishing dive kicks is easier than with most characters when your kung lao.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Been using a lot of Kung lately. For some reason his playstyle reminds me of UMK3, must be how quick he is. I don't see how he's anything but top 10.

kung lao has amazing counter-zoning, which means he himself can initiate zoning, he has spin 2 is 7 frames character is godlike u just have to be patient with him

btw perfect legend will bounce back i guarantee it, people underestimate him...

you could be right but do you consider smoke top 10? all of kitanas weaknesses are same for smoke....bad wake ups, armor issues, not the fastest strings but everyone thinks smoke is top 10.
-Smoke has better normals IMO, (b2 is probably the best overhead in the game, fast and huge hitbox)
-Smoke has 2nd best combo damage
-Smoke is the second most Mobile character just below KL (He beats kenshi and Freddy easily)

Yes, he's top 10, maybe even top5.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Lao can interrupt alot of strings with a full combo punish and wins all trades with spin. Why isn't he top 5 again?
Because Kung Lao's effectiveness as a character is determined by the amount of bad matches ups, not by the amount of strings he can interrupt with the spin. If he has 4-5 bad match ups, he will be ranked just inside or outside of the top 10 depending on other characters.

Somberness

Lights
ground hat then - 46 duration, +18 on hit, -7 on block
ground hat now - 51 duration, +2 on hit, -12 on block

He still is ridiculous against certain characters, but old Kung Lao was basically the end boss.

M2Dave

Zoning Master

He still is ridiculous against certain characters, but old Kung Lao was basically the end boss.
Off topic: Do you happen to have the "now and then" frame data for Freddy's glove toss and Kano's knife toss?

Death, that is what I have been saying. +18 advantage aside, the duration (i.e., total recovery frames) should not have been changed.

I don't know if you're the one i should ask but, Is there a reason to still use his lowhat in blockstrings?

Somberness

Lights
Off topic: Do you happen to have the "now and then" frame data for Freddy's glove toss and Kano's knife toss?
I posted in the Kano forum his knife toss was only increased by 2 frames compared to the first version. I'm not sure if I can check DLC, I think a patch enables them but maybe I forgot about it.
I don't know if you're the one i should ask but, Is there a reason to still use his lowhat in blockstrings?
Depends on the situation but I don't see 2,4 low hat being that good to just throw out there.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
First, Kung Lao was broken.

Now he's not competitive anymore?

Here's a haiku:
If wishes were fish,

The world would be an ocean,
We'd all fucking drown.

Makes no sense whatsoever, but neither does the thought that Lao isn't to be feared.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
KL is top tier but needs low hat to be 0 on block not - or + but 0. Think about reptile acid hand he uses it to cancel his blk strings and make them safe, so Yeah kl needs... Needed it.