What's new

Regarding the "KL is now Jade tier comment"

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Cage, kinda.

He goes even with Sonya, Kitana & Kabal, beats Jax.
All this talk is just theory, though. I don't know of any Kung Lao player who can go even with Kabal, Kitana, and Sonya and beat Jax. I'm obviously not saying that Kung Lao belongs in Jade's tier, but he's no longer a top 5 character. The low hat nerf was big.

i dont think kitana loses to smoke, its probably 5-5. also im sure 16 bit will put kitana back in his top 10 in a few weeks. sometimes i think smoke isnt top 10 than im like wait wtf am i talking about lol. kung lao is def still really good. anywhere from top 5-10
Nah, i really think kitana's weaknesses are too much for her to be in top 10.

A F0xy Grampa

Problem X Promotions
All this talk is just theory, though. I don't know of any Kung Lao player who can go even with Kabal, Kitana, and Sonya and beat Jax. I'm obviously not saying that Kung Lao belongs in Jade's tier, but he's no longer a top 5 character. The low hat nerf was big.
Its not theory, I'd only comment because I've played the matches out enough to have an understanding.
The low hat nerf was only big if the KL player based their entire game around it.
Theres more than 1 way to play KL, the better KL players are the ones that never depended on low hats before.

HD Smoke

Noob
Nah, i really think kitana's weaknesses are too much for her to be in top 10.
you could be right but do you consider smoke top 10? all of kitanas weaknesses are same for smoke....bad wake ups, armor issues, not the fastest strings but everyone thinks smoke is top 10.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Its not theory, I'd only comment because I've played the matches out enough to have an understanding.
The low hat nerf was only big if the KL player based their entire game around it.
Theres more than 1 way to play KL, the better KL players are the ones that never depended on low hats before.
As I've said before, the low hat has never been limited to 1,1,2 xx low hat or 2,4 xx low hat. The fact that the move has more recovery frames also affects the character's footsies and zoning game. If the current low hat had the same recovery as the old low hat (and forget about the +20 advantage on hit), Kung Lao would probably go even with a character like Cage.

miloPKL

soundcloud.com/pukelization
theres no downplaying the low hat nerf. it was a big deal and kl is more of a hit and run character now. he simply cant maintain pressure anymore, in the form of blockstrings. his pressure is in the mind game. but if b3 could combo into 112 or even b3b1f1 his pressure would open up a lot. he could get in with a safe low starter into the b1f1 and cancel into a special or complete the f1 to put him at a safe distance. that would rule.

I think Kung Lao's biggest use in the next few months will be to counter the wave of Kenshi players that is going to take the world by storm. Meta-Game Shift!

REO

Undead
m2dave likes to revolve everything concerning strategies and tier placement around projectiles. Keep that in mind when trying to argue with him.

Reo, you need that EVO run back, and you need it bad man. We all want to see it too.
What's funny is how everyone was so immediate to give Perfect Legend his run back with CDjr weeks after MLG, yet when I claimed I was going to run it back months after EVO at MLG Raleigh 2011 and Devastation, people said I was a salty bitch that didn't deserve it. Funny how things go sometimes. I really couldn't care less about facing PL at this time and age.

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
Kung Lao is actually a really good character, he's just not easy mode like he was when the game first came out. You have to work really hard to pull off a win with him (unless your name is MK_Legend.) I almost feel like leaving him sometimes because I get pissed at his bad matchups, but I decided I just gotta work with him harder and get better with him.

m2daveWhat's funny is how everyone was so immediate to give Perfect Legend his run back with CDjr weeks after MLG, yet when I claimed I was going to run it back months after EVO at MLG Raleigh 2011 and Devastation, people said I was a salty bitch that didn't deserve it. Funny how things go sometimes. I really couldn't care less about facing PL at this time and age.
Where were people calling you a 'salty bitch' for wanting a runback with PL after Evo?

If anything, from what i've observed this community is very fond of you. I see a lot more praise of you than anything, I don't understand why you're so negative all the time.

I am sure a lot of people would like to see you play PL just as much as people would like to see PL play CD Jr. again.

Where were people calling you a 'salty bitch' for wanting a runback with PL after Evo?

If anything, from what i've observed this community is very fond of you. I see a lot more praise of you than anything, I don't understand why you're so negative all the time.

I am sure a lot of people would like to see you play PL just as much as people would like to see PL play CD Jr. again.
Reo and Tom Brady are both the same. They can be in a room containing 99 supporters and 1 hater...they will only remember the hater and then blame "the community" for it.

Just being real here. Yeah, he gave me a nice shoutout saying "Let's see REO play his Kung Lao against all these low hitbox characters and see what happens." Well Tom, I play against Ikizzle's Sektor, CDjr's Jax, etc. a lot and I still don't see how Kung Lao is a bad character.
The only low hitbox character I have been having problems with KL is Mileena, KL is out of options against her imo. The others Ive been playing so far are good or even matchups for KL (reptile, sektor, Kitana).

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
To be honest Lao's only bad match up is Kitana. And thats only because she beats out his pressure on block, and his 2 wiffs. When he has :x, it all changes again.
dude are you sure that sonya doesn't blow him up also....
i really think you know your shit I am just interested in your opinion on the Kung Lao Sonya matchup...

I also think Kung Lao is the 4th best character in the game....

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Kung Lao is actually a really good character, he's just not easy mode like he was when the game first came out. You have to work really hard to pull off a win with him (unless your name is MK_Legend.) I almost feel like leaving him sometimes because I get pissed at his bad matchups, but I decided I just gotta work with him harder and get better with him.

gdf

Noob
They say it every where. To this day, all I ever hear when I wake up is "it doesn't matter what you do, PL still won EVO #swaaaag"
It doesn't matter what PL does, you still won Final Round. (Largest number of high level players since EVO)

LesMore

Top 8 Injustice Frosty Faustings VII
They say it every where. To this day, all I ever hear when I wake up is "it doesn't matter what you do, PL still won EVO #swaaaag"
cmon everyone knows you fucking own at this game...
Just win EVO this year... you can do it...

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
I was actually thinking about it before this tourney, I think Kitana is def. not top ten, She losses to alot of top tier characters. Cage, Jax, Smoke, Reptile, Kenshi, Freddy to name some off the top of my head.
wtf she does not lose to cage its even at worst, same for smoke and jax, reptile?? idk about reptile tbh kenshi yeah freddy idk either, she is top 5 bro