What's new

Reflect glitch video posted by Tom Brady!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Thats right NRS, focus on making ''test your balance'' for the vita and Batman apps for the iphone. This game is clearly fine the way it is...

Warner Bros/NRS got some success with selling MK9 and releasing it half assed, and now they think they can just turn a blind eye to what is still left to finish and make other non MK related non-sense.

Stop kidding yourself and fix this game one last time. How much longer can this sort of inexcusable shit be ignored?
their next game will be the patch

you'll see

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
I don't care what other fighters do tbh. I want balance. I know that 8'ish top characters is realistically as balanced as a game can get but it would be easier to swallow without the glitches

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2
Well, yeah, that's really the problem with MK9. The engine is ridden with glitches and the trainer is shit. Nor is the netcode particularly good for testing; so unless you either have the mental aptitude to deal with online's shenanigans or can gather on a regular basis to test stuff with other players then it's difficult to level up. I still cannot believe how inadequate the trainer is...

GNG Iniquity

It just blows my mind how much they refuse to come back to this game, when it clearly has problems.
Especially with the money attached to it now with MLG...you'd think they'd want to fix it. I would assume MLG/The sponsors awards them with some compensation for allowing them to use their game.

every game has problems

for the record ive not lost one tourney match online or offline due to shenanigans discussed in this thread
i lost due to poor play or being outplayed
Congrats.
I on the other hand have been reset...a lot. I've had random advantage applied to me. Did this cause me to lose? I have no idea, that's why I hate it.

Pig Of The Hut

It just blows my mind how much they refuse to come back to this game, when it clearly has problems.
it isnt nrs decision whatsoever man, it's WB who funds and approves these projects

You have to understand their core marketing campaign isnt geared towards the 100-200 dedicated tourney players but to the hundreds of thousand potential buyers/fans

Sad but true ***Insert metallica sad but true

it isnt nrs decision whatsoever man, it's WB who funds and approves these projects

You have to understand their core marketing campaign isnt geared towards the 100-200 dedicated tourney players but to the hundreds of thousand potential buyers/fans

100% true.

GNG Iniquity

read my above post

its just the truth
Yeah...yeah it is. Wish they'd release it on PC so someone could just mod in a good trainer. lol. I don't think these lower to mid tier characters cannot win against the better characters, but it requires a lot of testing.

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"

I think there is a quote around here from one of the MKast's where Hector said that they want to gear this game towards tournaments and high level play...

I also would love to find the numerous quotes from Eb Boon And Paulo ''if the DLC sells well and people want it, we will keep making it''

What else do I remember being said...''We want to be able to patch this game on the fly with little updates, just minor tweeks, people won't even have to download a whole patch'', something along those lines.

Whatever.

I just hope some people at NRS are really rallying for fixes and content for this game, and hopefully trying to make it a priority.

Pig Of The Hut

Yeah...yeah it is. Wish they'd release it on PC so someone could just mod in a good trainer. lol. I don't think these lower to mid tier characters cannot win against the better characters, but it requires a lot of testing.
again funding... :(

Pig Of The Hut

I think there is a quote around here from one of the MKast's where Hector said that they want to gear this game towards tournaments and high level play...

I also would love to find the numerous quotes from Eb Boon And Paulo ''if the DLC sells well and people want it, we will keep making it''

What else do I remember being said...''We want to be able to patch this game on the fly with little updates, just minor tweeks, people won't even have to download a whole patch'', something along those lines.

Whatever.
"want"

to have any of this done you have to get the stamp of approval and funding approved from WB

GNG Iniquity

again funding... :(
Yeah, I dunno...perhaps they could've pushed a modern FG trainer on WB more, but who knows. It's not like Boon really cares about competitive FGs to begin with; so he probably felt the bare bones sufficed. Sucks but hey, that's what it is...

As much as I like this game and the community, it'd be flat out ignorant of me to say that there aren't better FGs out there. Just frustrating.

These are the type of things that happen when the games runs on the Unreal Engine, the physics are done by Nividia, and the lighting is done by Beast. The enormous middleware screen you see every time you boot the game up should have been a huge red flag to everyone.

You can't fix a game when you barely made it.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
Yea the double reflect is funny. As long as you activate reflect in its early frames its active frames get extended for a short time...it's lol

Maybe it hasn't been discussed but it has been seen on stream many times. It's not broken
How can you say being able to reflect 2 projectiles with 1 reflect move after the visible active frames are over is not broken? If it was working as intended, NRS would've left the active frames visible. Instead, you clearly see that Kenshi's reflect "aura" has gone away, but the reflect still works. That is not working as intended, thus, its broken.

Kenshi is the best zoner, the best anti zoner, has 3 armored moves, a ranged low combo starter, and now this. The character is broken. The community is just fortunate that REO and CDjr don't care to main him. If someone else is as good as they are and plays kenshi, or pig levels up, then kenshi will be considered broken.

In brawl metaknight was banned because his worst matchup was 5-5 and he was the #1 used counterpick. Does Kenshi have any 4-6s? is Kabal 4-6? I remember hearing pig and others say that KL was 5-5. It seems possible to me that Kenshi might not have any matchups worse than 5-5 as more shit like this gets explored.

"want"

to have any of this done you have to get the stamp of approval and funding approved from WB
When I was introduced to this game it was through their support of the tournament scene.

If WB wasn't interested in catering to the pro-gaming scene they wouldn't have put in another big pot in EVO.

You are correct to say that WB and even NRS focus is to get as many people interested in the game as possible but you ignoring how they went about it.

They used three major avenues to attract attention. The first was through movie fans by piggybacking on Tancharoen's hype train. The second was through the tournament circuit by talking constantly to both the MK and the rest of the FGC through various ways that MK is a serious game. The last was going the traditional route of gaming outlets like IGN and Giantbomb.

Rathalos

Play Monster Hunter!

Whatever.

I just hope some people at NRS are really rallying for fixes and content for this game, and hopefully trying to make it a priority.
1. That's what hector and some of the dev team want, not WB, and they kept patching six months out, but now WB needs them to get to work on more important projects.

2.I'm guessing the original batch of DLC characters sold fine, but they probably had to change there plans because a second batch would sell like shit, because all the casual players that would buy it abandoned the game because the netcode is unplayable for most. Unless your CoD, Halo, or an ES's, DLC 6 months later will always sell like shit and not worth it.

3. The mini patches they were talking about can't fix glitchs like this, they can only tweak numbers on moves or alter certain properties. Only useful for nerfing or buffing a character in minor ways, not fixing smoke or cyrax bullshitery.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
How can you say being able to reflect 2 projectiles with 1 reflect move after the visible active frames are over is not broken? If it was working as intended, NRS would've left the active frames visible. Instead, you clearly see that Kenshi's reflect "aura" has gone away, but the reflect still works. That is not working as intended, thus, its broken.

Kenshi is the best zoner, the best anti zoner, has 3 armored moves, a ranged low combo starter, and now this. The character is broken. The community is just fortunate that REO and CDjr don't care to main him. If someone else is as good as they are and plays kenshi, or pig levels up, then kenshi will be considered broken.

In brawl metaknight was banned because his worst matchup was 5-5 and he was the #1 used counterpick. Does Kenshi have any 4-6s? is Kabal 4-6? I remember hearing pig and others say that KL was 5-5. It seems possible to me that Kenshi might not have any matchups worse than 5-5 as more shit like this gets explored.
You shouldn't be trying to zone kenshi anyway unless your character's name is Kabal.

Noserfatu

My eyes! The goggles do nothing!
You shouldn't be trying to zone kenshi anyway unless your character's name is Kabal.
Does that make my statement incorrect? If not, its an irrelevant point.

Maybe if he wasn't the best anti zoner in the game, you could try to zone him. Instead of being FORCED to approach him and playing right into his hands.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Does that make my statement incorrect? If not, its an irrelevant point.

Maybe if he wasn't the best anti zoner in the game, you could try to zone him. Instead of being FORCED to approach him and playing right into his hands.
My point was that he's not broken. So he has a bug... lot's of characters do.

If you aren't trying to zone him the fuck out... it won't even come up now will it?