What's new

Reflect glitch video posted by Tom Brady!

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
Also some people have stopped going to tourneys because they don't feel they can win

Sucks but true
Spending tons of dough to establish myself as a mid tier player, at best, doesn't really seem worth it to me lol. Yeah I'm still into the game but I can accept that there's a clear distinction between a player like myself, you and the majority of VSM. Still, if there was a TO that seemed feasible to attend and wouldn't rape my bank account, then yes; I'd attend but my focus would be more on learning from casuals and having a good time. Attending TOs across the country if you're not making any money out of it, or at the very least getting a little of the travel money back from your winnings, just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

If someone's truly financially comfortable to do that, then more power to them, but the vast majority of us surely aren't.

I've seen top 8s w kenshi, NW, kit, cyrax, ermac, reptile

It's the player man not as much character

We will never see about 5-6 of the game's characters in top 8
I have to. What I'm saying is that the game OS evolving into a 5 or 6 character game. That's not to say someone can't win with another character. But if I'm a really good player, why would I waste my time playing nightwolf when o could use sonya, or smoke? That's the mentality that is developing.

Last year the evo to 8 was diverse and exciting. I fear this year it will not. And even if a number of characters are represented it will be because of counter picking. But hey, money is on the line I get it. It's just not as fun to participate in or watch when you have to run the smoke reset, Jc frame trap, Kabal air blast gauntlet over and over.

Anyway, on topic...this glitch sucks Ass. If there are going to he glitches I wish they would at least fall on some crappy characters to help them.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
And that is a massive problem. No longer can I bait a reflective and punish it with an ex fast ball.

It makes me worried that a year in and there are still massive glitches being found.

Well reptiles who do this have the wrong approach

What they need to be doing is FB cancel mix ups

Starting a second ball cancels first one baits a reflect for ball or dash and punish

Well reptiles who do this have the wrong approach

What they need to be doing is FB cancel mix ups

Starting a second ball cancels first one baits a reflect for ball or dash and punish
Yeah that works sometimes but if I throw a fast ball you know I can cancel it with an ex fast ball. A lot of times if I throw a slow ball, they know I can only cancel into ex slow, so they feel comfortable reflecting that, so then ill ex fast. I use both tactics to keep them guessing.

Espio

Kokomo
My honest opinion? People are saving their $ for MLG and Evo

Also some people have stopped going to tourneys because they don't feel they can win

Sucks but true
I think it's primarily that there have been a bunch of majors spaced together like Flawless Victory, Power up(which drew 40 something people), Civil War, Toryuken etc. all coming up at close proximity to each other.

Then there's the saving for EVO and MLG for the big money as you said.

I don't even think it's necessarily that people don't think they can't win...it's that the expenses coupled with the big money majors is the biggest thing and people are forced to choose what to save for when they make plans.

For example, the only reason why I was able to go to Season's Beatings was because it was a one day tournament, if it had been longer than that I couldn't have went for a variety of reasons, mostly money.

I think it's primarily that there have been a bunch of majors spaced together like Flawless Victory, Power up(which drew 40 something people), Civil War, Toryuken etc. all coming up at close proximity to each other.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game. And I'm not pissy with nrs, its just unfortunate that mk has become respectable then stuff like this keeps making blemishes on it.
Then there's the saving for EVO and MLG for the big money as you said.

I don't even think it's necessarily that people don't think they can't win...it's that the expenses coupled with the big money majors is the biggest thing and people are forced to choose what to save for when they make plans.

For example, the only reason why I was able to go to Season's Beatings was because it was a one day tournament, if it had been longer than that I couldn't have went for a variety of reasons, mostly money.
This is true.

But at the same time its hard to attract new players to this game because of all the goofy glitches that get exploited. Imagine coming from another fighting game and playing Cyrax, smoke, jax, dropping combos due to input bugs, projectiles going invisible (happened to me yesterday, reptiles forceball went invisible while passing through ermacs ex projectile) etc.

AK L0rdoftheFLY

I hatelove this game
Yea the double reflect is funny. As long as you activate reflect in its early frames its active frames get extended for a short time...it's lol

Maybe it hasn't been discussed but it has been seen on stream many times. It's not broken

No that's pretty broken. 2 for the price of one? And it doesn't even give am animation to the second one. How is that fair?

Espio

Kokomo
This is true.

But at the same time its hard to attract new players to this game because of all the goofy glitches that get exploited. Imagine coming from another fighting game and playing Cyrax, smoke, jax, dropping combos due to input bugs, projectiles going invisible (happened to me yesterday, reptiles forceball went invisible while passing through ermacs ex projectile) etc.

I cannot disagree with this sentiment, we all stick around because we love Mortal Kombat and the game, despite it's ridiculous faults, new players are whatever on it so if they see something like this they're just going to opt not to deal with it.

Smoke, Cyrax, and Jax's damage off of certain things is glaring, the input bug is a serious problem(though I don't know how to tell ig the input bug interfered with something I was trying to do).

NRS said they got rid of Reptile's invisibility forceball glitch (then when we say it yesterday I laughed, but couldn't help shaking my head....apparently not).

I can't blame new people for not getting into the game, I sadly can't quit it even though it irks me immensely.

Honestly I don't care if this becomes a 7-8 character game, Some of the most hyper fighting games were like that. Marvel 2, Melee, etc.

Tolkeen

/wrists
So wait, let me understand this. Kenshi has a reflect move that is combo punishable on whiff, and has 6 frames of startup, unlike NW. But it's unfair for him to reflect 2 projectiles in the recovery time? LOL. I agree that the reflecting xrays is dumb, as is the reflecting the up and forward missile while walking. But if you have the ability to throw 2 projectiles that will hit roughly 4-5 frames apart, then how is that fair that kenshi can't reflect them? It's not like he has a teleport to help him get in, and guess what...you can block both of the projectiles. If you think that reptile loses to kenshi because kenshi can reflect, then you are far too predictable.

Pig Of The Hut
I hope you are right. I love the game, and I think nrs did fantastic for making their first tournament fighter. Maybe mk10 will be less buggy cause I doubt this one is going to get any more fixes.

GNG Iniquity

#bufftaquito #punchwalk #whiffycage
But because of mlg and evo we are having more and more join us
Yes, but realistically they're only interested in the game due to the fact that it's attracting money now. So they're simply going to play Cage, Kenshi, Sonya, Jax, Kabal, Smoke, etc. It's understandable and I'm glad that the game's getting attention, but more top 8 diversity would be cool, even though the game is a counter-pick fest and I don't see that happening with MK9.

Is what it is. I think the majority of the MK players are ready for UMK9/MK10 at this point. You watch VSM play enough and you get the jist of it. "Okay, bad MU for him. He lost. Now it's a bad MU for the other guy. Okay, now they went for a 5-5 to settle it."

Yes, but realistically they're only interested in the game due to the fact that it's attracting money now. So they're simply going to play Cage, Kenshi, Sonya, Jax, Kabal, Smoke, etc. It's understandable and I'm glad that the game's getting attention, but more top 8 diversity would be cool, even though the game is a counter-pick fest and I don't see that happening with MK9.

Is what it is. I think the majority of the MK players are ready for UMK9/MK10 at this point.
Exactly.

Honestly I don't care if this becomes a 7-8 character game, Some of the most hyper fighting games were like that. Marvel 2, Melee, etc.
I don't care what other fighters do tbh. I want balance. I know that 8'ish top characters is realistically as balanced as a game can get but it would be easier to swallow without the glitches

Pig Of The Hut

Is what it is. I think the majority of the MK players are ready for UMK9/MK10 at this point. You watch VSM play enough and you get the jist of it. "Okay, bad MU for him. He lost. Now it's a bad MU for the other guy. Okay, now they went for a 5-5 to settle it."
Good luck to them

You know, this really only affects Reptile players lol
and liu kang, sektor (up missle + straight missle)

Exactly.

More ass to kick , i welcome it

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Thats right NRS, focus on making ''test your balance'' for the vita and Batman apps for the iphone. This game is clearly fine the way it is...

Warner Bros/NRS got some success with selling MK9 and releasing it half assed, and now they think they can just turn a blind eye to what is still left to finish and make other non MK related non-sense.

Stop kidding yourself and fix this game one last time. How much longer can this sort of inexcusable shit be ignored by the creators and programmers of the game ?

Pig Of The Hut

I don't care what other fighters do tbh. I want balance. I know that 8'ish top characters is realistically as balanced as a game can get but it would be easier to swallow without the glitches

every game has problems

for the record ive not lost one tourney match online or offline due to shenanigans discussed in this thread
i lost due to poor play or being outplayed