What's new

Reexamining the Leaked Character Select Screen and Speculating Secret Unlockable Characters

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I don't remember which leak it was. But one said Shinnok was base game and Mileena + Shang were unlockable. Pretty sure more than one leak said Mileena was unlockable. And one said Rain was unlockable. Idk, they're all over the place now. Can't really remember.
I don't think anything but the pics were legit I think it was just pile on.
I think we had enough hints to believe Shang & same with Mileena now. . The big Rain hint turned out to be the traveler.
Shinnok is a little hard to believe for 1 reason. The whole reason Kronica is upset is because he was killed & that messed things up. If she could just bring him back why wouldn't she do that & stay doing her thing. I guess it could be some elder god thing & bringing him back is her end goal but it seems a little much.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I personally think Mileena is in. I don't let the plethora of leaks takeaway from possible legit ones. She has to be in and if I'm wrong I'll still be happy with Noob, Cassie and Shang being in.
Same. I want her in really badly, but there are other characters I can play.

Jade, Kabal, D'Vorah, Noob, Skarlet, Kitana. I'll get over it if she isn't in. Although I feel like the odds are kinda stacking in her favor as of late what with all the hints and everything.

Shinnok is a little hard to believe for 1 reason. The whole reason Kronica is upset is because he was killed & that messed things up. If she could just bring him back why wouldn't she do that & stay doing her thing. I guess it could be some elder god thing & bringing him back is her end goal but it seems a little much.
Yeah, I don't really care for Shinnok at all tbh. If he's in, hopefully they make him cooler than in MKX, if not, I'll be unbothered.

Someone ask Cary Tagawa if Mileena is in and see if he gives y'all some damn riddle confirming her. That's the only option we have left.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...

Jade, Kabal, D'Vorah, Noob, Skarlet, Kitana. I'll get over it if she isn't in. Although I feel like the odds are kinda stacking in her favor as of late what with all the hints and everything.

Yeah, I don't really care for Shinnok at all tbh. If he's in, hopefully they make him cooler than in MKX, if not, I'll be unbothered.

Someone ask Cary Tagawa if Mileena is in and see if he gives y'all some damn riddle confirming her. That's the only option we have left.
Shang has to have a pocket Mileena if anyone does it's him. lol

The biggest thing out of all of this is the offical website has 29 slots with at least 3 that are faded and we have no idea what that means and Shang Tsung is pictured in there.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.

calm down, fellow .... our creepy magenta ninja lady will be in the game, I think Ed is doing mystery with it, making people anxious and nervous, in order to grow and build hype when she'll be revelead as a super secret unlockable character released by doing all Krypt stuff exploration in the game, hehe ! :p :rolleyes:

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Okay, lemme say this:

Glad to see Shang Tsung is somewhat in. The leak was not wrong, and I don't care how "logical" would've been that guess after what happened with Random Ninja man.

So I think Mileena and Shinnok could be in. Mileena is a given. I hope she's unlockable, but if she's DLC then I'll buy her.

Shinnok seems to be somewhat central to the story. I mean, Kronika wants him to succeed.
Besides, in a gaming website someone said something about performing a fatality on Shinnok. Some people said, "they meant to write SUB-ZERO".
Yeah, since we're talking about popularity: Go out to your nearest arcade (lol) and ask random people if they know who Sub-Zero is. Most people will know, or at least have an idea.
Now ask them if they know Shinnok.

Now... this is a gaming website. So they're supposed to know about video games. How do you put SHINNOK instead of SUB-ZERO? I think it was a slip.
In my opinion Shinnok is either unlockable or DLC.

Regarding DLC:

Let's think realistically.

I'll be serious. Nothing I'd like more than to see Rain and Tanya as DLCs. But I know it's really far fetched. If Rain is not unlockable, then he simply is not in.

After they have shown the Lin Kuei labs and that cutscene with Scorpion fighting the Tekunin: I think Sektor is possible. He has been requested a lot, too.

I'm not sure about Sindel, but my Spider-Sense is telling me she might have some chances.

Smoke has been requested a lot too, and maybe his chances are higher than Rain's. I think his inclusion as DLC is within the realm of possibility.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
Everyone thought Shang Tsung would be on the main roster. But he's DLC. From what I understand, a lot of people also think Mileena will be on the main roster. Wouldn't be surprised if she became DLC as well.

Last edited:

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I'm a little upset that Mileena might not be in base roster :/ I never thought they'd separate Kitana and Mileena, like EVER.

I'm still holding out hope that there are unlockable characters; but Shinnok doesn't make much sense to me. It's weird we don't have a sorcerer type of character, I mean I guess Shang behind DLC but base we usually have two, Ermac and Quan Chi. Maybe a new character takes that role.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
Shao Kahn gonna be up and about wondering where the fuck his daughter is. Y’all are getting my hopes up, but that’s all they are.

SinkFla

Noob
At this point I think we'll probably have one unlockable and it will be someone we already somewhat know about (like Cetrion). Those extra 3 slots are probably reserved for the 3rd Kombat Pack that will be "shockingly" revealed sometime after all of the first two KPs content have been out lol. :(

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I think frost, cetrion or jax are probably the secret character(s)

J.....Jax? Like....Like Jackson Briggs?

Like the Jax that was in the last game? And the game before that? And the game before that? Didn't die or anything like that. That Jax? I mean, I know Mileena was in the last few games, but she died. So, it'd make sense for her to be a secret character.

Frost....maybe....MAYBE. I honestly doubt that though. She's a neat character and people would be hype to see her I guess, but idk if she warrants being a secret character. She's a possibility.

Cetrion is the most likely out of those 3.

Jhonnykiller45

Shirai Ryu
J.....Jax? Like....Like Jackson Briggs?

Like the Jax that was in the last game? And the game before that? And the game before that? Didn't die or anything like that. That Jax? I mean, I know Mileena was in the last few games, but she died. So, it'd make sense for her to be a secret character.

Frost....maybe....MAYBE. I honestly doubt that though. She's a neat character and people would be hype to see her I guess, but idk if she warrants being a secret character. She's a possibility.

Cetrion is the most likely out of those 3.
Not that far-fetched bro. Jax was a secret character in MKDA, and look at how hidden they've kept him in MK11. If it weren't for the full roster leak we would have no idea whatsoever that he was in this game.
Same thing with Frost pretty much. Was a secret character in her first appearance so that leads itself to her being a secret character here again pretty well I think.

At this point I think we'll probably have one unlockable and it will be someone we already somewhat know about (like Cetrion). Those extra 3 slots are probably reserved for the 3rd Kombat Pack that will be "shockingly" revealed sometime after all of the first two KPs content have been out lol. :(
I saw you said on resetera that once upon a time there was a reddit post that listed Shang as DLC, long before the leak. Remember any other details about it?

Whippoorwill

In my hater era
Mileena will be brought from the past and fight good Kitana for the nostalgia and then hopefully kill D'Vorah. And hate on Kotal. I highly dislike her as a character but her place shold be respected.