What's new

Reexamining the Leaked Character Select Screen and Speculating Secret Unlockable Characters

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Lets not forget the slip of the tongue by Shaun Himmerick (NRS Producer) about Mileena's sais.

Shaun has gone out of his way to say recently that it's difficult to keep up with what has been confirmed or not.

At the tour through NRS studios while there was only a few people recording low quality on their phones he slipped out that the actors used real guns, SAIS, and swords in the story mode. He even mentioned that the sais are like 10 pounds.

I don't think he said this to just trip the people there up. That isn't Shaun Himmerick's style; he's not a trickster. He literally just slipped up.

7:30 in this video
(but watch the whole video to get the picture that he really is just casually talking to these people)

Last edited:

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I'd rather be surprised then speculate on it too much and be disappointed but I'll just say that's there's isn't precedent to think of Shao Khan as a DLC character who doesn't take up a main roster slot. I know people describe the pre-order character as DLC but really it's just a character in the base game that you have to pre-order to use. Both Goro and Darkseid had a spot on the normal select screen as seen on release.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
Lets not forget the slip of the tongue by Shaun Himmerick (NRS Producer) about Mileena's sais.

Shaun has gone out of his way to say recently that it's difficult to keep up with what has been confirmed or not.

At the tour through NRS studios while there was only a few people recording low quality on their phones he slipped out that the actors used real guns, SAIS, and swords in the story mode. He even mentioned that the sais are like 10 pounds.

I don't think he said this to just trip the people there up. That isn't Shaun Himmerick's style, he's not a trickster. He literally just slipped up.

(but watch the whole video to get the picture that he really is just casually talking to these people)
This is one of the few things that's giving me a bit of hope for her. This. Ed Boon retweeting that Mileena art. The fact that Derek is super vocal about her being his favorite and how characters like her (sexy, gymnastic-like characters I think is how he described them in a Kombat Kast) are his favorite to work with.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
It is possible that Shang Tsung was initially planned as an unlockable in the Krypt and then pushed to DLC
Yes. Then again, special unlockable character is really just DLC in different wording. Someone could have crossed wires slightly?

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
She would sell a lot. Sindel and Sareena... Sindel is maybe. Sareena? Don't think so. Sindel fans are annoying and vocal, and while Sareena has fans (I'm one of them) we are not vocal about it. She wouldnt be in.

Also, if she were really brought in from the past, I see no reason to not include her in story mode. She's a big fan favourite. There's no need to hide her, is there? That trailer literally confirmed 3-4 characters to be in. Why is Mileena is an exception?

Thanks!
I agree that Mileena would be a great draw for DLC, but I'd be careful using the trailer to deconfirm anyone, since we know for a fact that some characters are missing from the trailer. Mileena could be one of them. Especially if she's a hidden character.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
This is one of the few things that's giving me a bit of hope for her. This. Ed Boon retweeting that Mileena art. The fact that Derek is super vocal about her being his favorite and how characters like her (sexy, gymnastic-like characters I think is how he described them in a Kombat Kast) are his favorite to work with.
In one of the peoples videos (i think maybe uncaged) you can see the sais are just sitting there in the mocap room, like they have been used recently

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
gah damn you guys are getting my hopes up for the queen

shut up shut up shut up
I wanted nothing more than to not get my hopes up for her after a while and actually accepted she wasn't going to be in, but every week someone pops up with another hint or rumor or piece of evidence leading to her inclusion and it's just like....can y'all just let me wallow in my misery and not have me in my feelings right now??

I was just starting to accept that she wasn't in lmao. Now I need her in.

RothVI

d2 Spammer

I don't think he said this to just trip the people there up. That isn't Shaun Himmerick's style; he's not a trickster. He literally just slipped up.

Isn't it obvious? After Kotal Kahn executed Mileena he took the sais for himself. There's a cutscene in the story where Erron Black walks in on Kotal posing with them and trying to spin them around his fingers.

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
I wanted nothing more than to not get my hopes up for her after a while and actually accepted she wasn't going to be in, but every week someone pops up with another hint or rumor or piece of evidence leading to her inclusion and it's just like....can y'all just let me wallow in my misery and not have me in my feelings right now??

I was just starting to accept that she wasn't in lmao. Now I need her in.

It is in uncageds blog visit @8:50 mark they find it & are passing it around. .I mean they could have left it out for them to see, but why do it with the 1 weapon they haven't used in 5 years. Also when her sais are displayed jn another part of the office anyway.

Blizer

Cheap Kollector Rip Off
Again, the Roster page has two portraits that their lock sign doesnt light up when you have your mouse pointer over them

likely our hidden characters

Mileena has been hinted at quite a bit and i think is likely one of them

The second one is quite out in the open tbh

It could honestly be anyone at this point.