What's new

Reexamining the Leaked Character Select Screen and Speculating Secret Unlockable Characters

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
So if we're assuming the two roster spots that don't light up are our unlockables.

And the very last one's Shang Tsung?

Then there might still be 1 slot open.

Assuming Mileena's one of the unlockables (I can't think of who the other would be) then there are 2 slots we don't know. I'm starting to think Rain isn't in, especially if Hydro's in. Shinnok? Maybe Hydro's unlockable and not DLC? Maybe Kronika IS unlockable? (Although I wouldn't be mad at her not being playable this game, but being a pre-order bonus for MK12)

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
Also, if she were really brought in from the past, I see no reason to not include her in story mode. She's a big fan favourite. There's no need to hide her, is there? That trailer literally confirmed 3-4 characters to be in. Why is Mileena is an exception?
I agree that Mileena would be a great draw for DLC, but I'd be careful using the trailer to deconfirm anyone, since we know for a fact that some characters are missing from the trailer. Mileena could be one of them. Especially if she's a hidden character.
Most of the footage we've seen in trailers are from the early part of the story mode, there's still plenty of time for people to be added/seen later on that we don't know about yet.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
The fact Shang, Mileena, and Shinnok were specifically named makes me suspect there still *could* be truth in those rumours.
The leaker who said the text leak, didnt mention shinnok until the magazine typo, then went with it like it was obviously cus the editor saw shinnok in the game. He even said like "you really think they'd make that mistake if he wasn't in?" The guy may have seen the story trailer and saw shinnok in it. He's a floating head in the background of a stage.

Shang Tsung was heavily teased at the end of MKX, easy guess
Mileena is very popular and a safe guess.

The dude was a phony. (past the picture/story trailer that someone else showed him)

xXRagingFlameXx

Most of the footage we've seen in trailers are from the early part of the story mode, there's still plenty of time for people to be added/seen later on that we don't know about yet.
We've literally only seen about 7 minutes of the story in its entirety. 4 minutes being of the prologue, 3 minutes of the story trailer. And a couple of clips from C2E2. We've also only heard about the FIRST chapter in detail.

We've hardly seen anything yet.

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
The leaker who said the text leak, didnt mention shinnok until the magazine typo, then went with it like it was obviously cus the editor saw shinnok in the game. He even said like "you really think they'd make that mistake if he wasn't in?" The guy may have seen the story trailer and saw shinnok in it. He's a floating head in the background of a stage.

Shang Tsung was heavily teased at the end of MKX, easy guess
Mileena is very popular and a safe guess.

The dude was a phony. (past the picture/story trailer that someone else showed him)
This seems like the only rational thing at this point.

Shinnok also had an assist in the reveal build towers.

It had Shinnok, Reptile, Rain, and Cyrax as possible assists.
That AND it showed all of there models from previous games, completely unchanged.

It'd be a HUGE stretch for Shinnok to be in. That unlockable character "leak" is most likely a huge pile of shit at this point now that Shang is confirmed DLC.

PS: I fucking hate hate leakers. WTF is the point?

Saint Op Omen

Savagely beating his super-ego with his id...
So if we're assuming the two roster spots that don't light up are our unlockables.

And the very last one's Shang Tsung?

Then there might still be 1 slot open.

Assuming Mileena's one of the unlockables (I can't think of who the other would be) then there are 2 slots we don't know. I'm starting to think Rain isn't in, especially if Hydro's in. Shinnok? Maybe Hydro's unlockable and not DLC? Maybe Kronika IS unlockable? (Although I wouldn't be mad at her not being playable this game, but being a pre-order bonus for MK12)
Hydro makes sense as dlc for 1 reason. Skarlet in mk9, tremor in mkx. The obscure hidden/rumor characters as dlc has been a thing. I mean who else? Hornbuckle? lol

Saint Op Omen

Except all the other ninjas besides smoke and rain were in the game. So it's not like they chose him over super popular characters. (and smoke was also added in the dlc)

This would be putting hydro in over cyrax, sektor, and smoke. Eh, idk.
Every MK game after Armageddon has had 1 character as dlc that was not in Armageddon but was in the lore previously. Could be a random thing could be a way to introduce very fan servicey characters on purpose..

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
Except all the other ninjas besides smoke and rain were in the game. So it's not like they chose him over super popular characters. (and smoke was also added in the dlc)

This would be putting hydro in over cyrax, sektor, and smoke. Eh, idk.
While I agree with you, they were all together as "Triborg" last game, so maybe thats their reasoning. Plus they like to flesh out less commonly known MK characters.

Saint Op Omen

While I agree with you, they were all together as "Triborg" last game, so maybe thats their reasoning. Plus they like to flesh out less commonly known MK characters.
worth noting that triborg was its own character just with thier movesets dled into it. So any repeat dlc hogwash don't apply to any of the other cyborgs. Just like 1 ninja is not all ninjas. Not saying you said it just a thing to point out for the overall speculation.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Hyrdro seems like a waste honestly. If you want a water user, go Rain and if you want a Cyborg go with Triborg. Who can do what Hydro does and so much more

Also, I'm a big ass Sektor fan. And I don't care if he never comes back in favor of Triborg. Tri is the evolution of Sektor. He's just as evil, just as delusional and has the exact same goals as Sektor did. They're the same character, but Triborg can just do more shit.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
Hyrdro seems like a waste honestly. If you want a water user, go Rain and if you want a Cyborg go with Triborg. Who can do what Hydro does and so much more

Also, I'm a big ass Sektor fan. And I don't care if he never comes back in favor of Triborg. Tri is the evolution of Sektor. He's just as evil, just as delusional and has the exact same goals as Sektor did. They're the same character, but Triborg can just do more shit.
Hydro is more than just a water character, he could also freeze people. That was when he was human, so I'd imagine he'd have cyborg stuff also. Not trying to sell him, just stating lore stuff. I'd also rather have Rain but I'd image these two would play completely differently.

Saint Op Omen

I also have reasons why just about every character could join any "team" in one form or another. So hype for what they can do in the story I would say nothing is impossible & there are already major twists hinted at.

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
We already have Sub-Zero and Frost tho, and one of them is already rumored to be part cyborg or some shit.

But this is a new NRS. Every character so far has killed it. They could def surprise me

Reactions: Zev

Saint Op Omen

We already have Sub-Zero and Frost tho, and one of them is already rumored to be part cyborg or some shit.

But this is a new NRS. Every character so far has killed it. They could def surprise me
I do like the idea of frost being a enhanced leader of the borgs & a assist character.. I also think with the custom movesets tri-borg doesn't make much sense because there is no limit to 3 types & it would be a mix & match sort of thing.. maybe he a master borg who is frosts general who can be any of them who was upgraded to be all of them, sort of hydro or cyrax by name but a ultimate version.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
It had Shinnok, Reptile, Rain, and Cyrax as possible assists.
That AND it showed all of there models from previous games, completely unchanged.
Modifiers don't confirm a character won't be in. Cyrax, Reptile on MKX had modifiers.

I think the leak could possibly be legit. I remember it saying Mileena and Shinnok where Unlockables and don't remember the original leak mentioning Shang Tsung as Unlockable?
Maybe I'm remembering that wrong? Does anyone have a pic of the original leak?

xXRagingFlameXx

I think the leak could possibly be legit. I remember it saying Mileena and Shinnok where Unlockables and don't remember the original leak mentioning Shang Tsung as Unlockable?
Maybe I'm remembering that wrong? Does anyone have a pic of the original leak?
I don't remember which leak it was. But one said Shinnok was base game and Mileena + Shang were unlockable. Pretty sure more than one leak said Mileena was unlockable. And one said Rain was unlockable. Idk, they're all over the place now. Can't really remember.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I don't remember which leak it was. But one said Shinnok was base game and Mileena + Shang were unlockable. Pretty sure more than one leak said Mileena was unlockable. And one said Rain was unlockable. Idk, they're all over the place now. Can't really remember.
I personally think Mileena is in. I don't let the plethora of leaks takeaway from possible legit ones. She has to be in and if I'm wrong I'll still be happy with Noob, Cassie and Shang being in.