What's new

Reexamining the Leaked Character Select Screen and Speculating Secret Unlockable Characters

yeah .... I'll miss Reptile in this game .... his special moves are so fun to do it! And he is way more interesting than Baraka. Shame! :(
They could also do so many new things with him, like we have seen the possibilities in acidic alien, even if he looked like human ninja his tail could be coming out of nowhere d’vorah style)

Pizza

Thrill Kill
But... why would they put 4 DLC slots if there are 6 DLC characters announced? and why two of them are not selectable?
It's just... mistakes? bummer.

Reactions: Zev
Its not about how good the roster is or isnt... its about them creating these "hopes". You cant just put out a 40 slots roster page and not expect people to be disappointed when they only get 30.

I understand where you are coming from but if you dont want to disapppoint people you should handle things differently/better. The way it went possible disapppointment is NRS/WBs fault, at least a good chunk of it.
To be fair to NRS they have never said there would be more then 25 characters in fact they have been pretty adamantly telling us 25 is base. You cant hold a leaked screenshot against them when everything official we've seen has been in line with what they told us.

trufenix

bye felicia
To be fair to NRS they have never said there would be more then 25 characters in fact they have been pretty adamantly telling us 25 is base. You cant hold a leaked screenshot against them when everything official we've seen has been in line with what they told us.
it's also why they say this game is in development, none of this is final about a hundred and fifty times a day.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
Well that's more about frame data, dash speeds, whatever.

The characters that are in this game were probably set 1.5-2 years ago. Maybe even longer.

trufenix

bye felicia
Well that's more about frame data, dash speeds, whatever.

The characters that are in this game were probably set 1.5-2 years ago. Maybe even longer.
That doesn't mean they were all supposed to be shown or even known about before release, ie: Cyber Sub Zero. The mk9 leak ruined the fun entirely, and tons of people decided they were ripped off for beating story mode before they even got the game.

Afumba

Noob
I wasnt talking about the leak i was talking about their homepage.

mikeraskol

Beverly Hills High Class of 2010 Valedictorian
That doesn't mean they were all supposed to be shown or even known about before release, ie: Cyber Sub Zero. The mk9 leak ruined the fun entirely, and tons of people decided they were ripped off for beating story mode before they even got the game.
I think we're talking past each other. What you're saying has nothing to do with their warnings about the game still being in "development," that just has to do with what they do and do not want to spoil or make public as a part of their marketing strategy.

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO
I used to think this. But with Shang Tsung of all characters confirmed DLC... I'm coming around to the idea that someone just fucked up designing that website.

If any 1 unconfirmed character was going to be hidden, I think it would have been Shang. He's practically the main character in the Krypt, he's all but confirmed to play a role in the story, and that's still not enough to make him hidden on the base roster? If that's not enough then I don't see anyone else having much of a chance.

I do think it was a fuck up to design the website in such an ambiguous way, but whatever. I'm personally not gonna lose any sleep over it given, you know, the game.
This isn't a middle school project, people won't just screw up the website from a professional game developer the size of NRS. Especially after already taking it down once to fix/hide things. They also wouldnt of suddenly made the 27th and 28th slot unclickable, yet leave the 29th clickable. It's clearly planned that way.

NRS and Boon love to troll and hint and tease. Even more so they LOVE for people to be surprised and not be leaked. They know they've fucked up in the past and are going to be extra careful that their secret unlockables aren't known until release if they can. Boon bragged alot about how MK11 wasn't leaked at all before they revealed it. Same way they tried to with cyber sub-zero in mk9 but someone got the game early and leaked it.

To everyone saying its easier to accept 25 instead of hoping for more. Mk11 is going to be great no matter what so don't be scared to be disappointed. Have fun, theorize and speculate and always have hope. Also im a Reiko/Rain fan, disappointment doesn't phase me anymore when it comes to rosters lool

Zev

Cages_Shades from MKO

confirms that we are still missing someone from the base roster, which if we're missing that then definitely means we could easily not know the other 2 secret character spots too

EDIT: also added this to the OP

Last edited:

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I’m kinda bummed it’s only 25 but old man movie Shang and Shao Kahn make up for it. It’s not even possible to kill my hype.

JINNOCIDE

I only show up when a new game's around

confirms that we are still missing someone from the base roster, which if we're missing that then definitely means we could easily not know the other 2 secret character spots too

that kinda didn't answer tho
yes, he is pre-order. he wont be in the base game if you don't pre order him, but I feel he didn't explicit that the roster would be 25 without him or not.

he answered that SK is pre order, but didn't answer if that makes the overall roster 24 or 25. got me?

i wish they answered it straight away

trufenix

bye felicia
How are you guys still trying to get them to confirm roster details?

They never ever admit how many chancescha there are gonna be, not even after the game is dead

Alright so, what if, the roster on the website is actually the full base roster + DLCs... but it's only the Mortal Kombat characters? Like they've excluded the guest characters (at least for the moment) from the website roster?

So this is more or less how it'd look like after adding all the characters.
Damnit....I don't want it to but this makes the most sense....

I don't even like Rain (or Mileena) THAT much but I think him being a secret in the game would take this game over the edge for best game all time

Wow, that guy really fucked up the wording on his question. We might have learned whether it's 24+Shao or 25+Shao, but he botched it.