What's new

Rambo General Discussion

Pyrosis

Gentlemen, behold! My opinion!
Idk if it's been said or noticed yet. But with Commando equipped, doing 1,2 into grab makes back 3+grab a pretty fuckin insane meaty if you input it after. If they try to do anything but roll or up3 or wake up blocking you kick the shit out of them.

Idk if it's been said or noticed yet. But with Commando equipped, doing 1,2 into grab makes back 3+grab a pretty fuckin insane meaty if you input it after. If they try to do anything but roll or up3 or wake up blocking you kick the shit out of them.
Both of the knockdown grab strings have pretty nice oki, then with FUBAR he can make people afraid to roll too.

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Everyone who isn't playing snare trap + leopard crawl has no idea how good Rambo is.
Generally, he doesn't have the best staggers and is pretty minus on block, his best stagger being b2 which still gets contested a lot since the second part comes out too quickly so the opponent has time to see you didn't do it.

However, leopard crawl gives him a true command grab from every button/string, as well as arguably the best parry in the game. For example, since b3 is so crap on hit, you can do b3 command grab and it will connect even if they got hit. You can also use f122 way more since it is a perfect stagger if you have this variation.

Once they start respecting stuff you go into the leopard crawl cancel, jab, parry mind games. If they get hit you confirm into big damage with snare trap, and you have the throw kb game on top of that. You can end combos in crawl as well to read and negate their wakeups. The crawl makes all of his strings much more dangerous.

Last edited:

Pyrosis

I wanna like snare but realistically you only get a few% more damage on combos for a 2 point move, it just isn't worth it when you can get so much utility elsewhere.

Getting Mine + Your choice of grab is a much better deal in the long run.
I agree, I believe that after playing him for a couple hundred games that snare trap isn't actually worth it.

The mine is actually nuts right now, idk if people with lab against it more in the future and it will become less useful but I cannot count the amount of times I've just put the mine down, waited for them to advance quickly or jump across then just spam the overhead drop kick to push them back into it on hit or block.

I'm viewing, right now, Claymore and Crawl as around equally powerful. So I run either:
Commando, FUBAR, Crawl
Or
Commando, FUBAR, Mine

Every Claymore hit being and opportunity to build the slide KB is super, super good. And hitting the FUBAR KB when the desperation roll comes out because they think you're going to place claymore on their knockdown is basically a round winner alone.

Rambo has a couple insane load outs and I'm loving it. Drop snare trap imo though like @Evil Canadian says, not worth IMO either.

Last edited:

Pyrosis

The sights on several of Rambo's bow models are on the wrong section of the bow lol. He's holding the bow upside down.

Trevor

Noob
Everyone who isn't playing snare trap + leopard crawl has no idea how good Rambo is.
I think Snare trap isperfect for people who want a relatively safe launcher that can do the trick without even having to combo into it. With that said, it is not worth having to ditch either FUBAR, commando or leopard krawl just to have it. FUBAR, Commando and Leopadr Krawl is the best. The mixups alone make it a guaranteed threat even for those who know the Commando OS. There is no other combination of moves that is able to open people up this effectively.

Snare trap looked like a real nice move on day one, but further lab time made it clear that it is EXPENDABLE XD.

Last edited:

Pyrosis

How does this work? I can't hit the slide on an airborne opponent at all.
You can connect it off of various strings on an airborne opponent. I would say the most consistent being:
1,2xxSlide
Back 2,2,1xxSlide [Most damaging option, practice this one]
Back 3,3xxSlide [Most consistent]

Trevor

Noob
How does this work? I can't hit the slide on an airborne opponent at all.
The reason why the slide is not working for you is because you are probably doing the long version. try the short one. The slide is not worth having imo, but it does combo if you do the short one.

Evil Canadian

G O K U
Premium Supporter
Slide is absolutely worth having, its safe on block against most the cast due to pushback and those it isn't you get the roll option to make it safe. Tossing out rando slide isn't an awful idea and building towards that KB is huge cause its a massive source of damage and its reliable enough where you can expect it every game.

Pyrosis

Also disagree that it's not worth having. Especially if you also have claymore. It's the difference between:
Getting around 25ish percent off of every claymore
or
Getting around 25ish percent off of every claymore AND building up a super damaging KB while you're doing it.

If you're running a Snare Trap-less Rambo your opportunities to burn meter effectively are pretty limited outside of if you also have FUBAR.

Trevor

Noob
If you're running a Snare Trap-less Rambo your opportunities to burn meter effectively are pretty limited outside of if you also have FUBAR.
Yes, which is why I have FUBAR. Commando is too damn good for Oki and the corner restand is nuts. Commando also becomes viable with Leopard Krawl. Having those 3 moves makes rambo so oppresive that it's not worth using the snare trap or the slide imo. Adding to that, there is no need to burn metter outsdie of FUBAR, every juggle combo is 300+ with his F122 launcher and given that Leopard Krawl conditions them to fear trying the Option Select, you will be landing that launcher all the time. if they try to jump thinking that you will do Leopard krawl, they still get launched as they are on their way up.

Everyone can have their opinion on the best variation, but to me Slide and snare trap are not worth it at all.

Last edited:

Pyrosis

Yes, which is why I have FUBAR. Commando is too damn good for Oki and the corner restand is nuts. Commando also becomes viable with Leopard Krawl. Having those 3 moves makes rambo so oppresive that it's not worth using the snare trap or the slide imo. Adding to that, there is no need to burn metter outsdie of FUBAR, every juggle combo is 300+ with his F122 launcher and given that Leopard Krawl conditions them to fear trying the Option Select, you will be landing that launcher all the time. if they try to jump thinking that you will do Leopard krawl, they still get launched as they are on their way up.

Everyone can have their opinion on the best variation, but to me Slide and snare trap are not worth it at all.
I'm not disagreeing with you that Commando, FUBAR, Crawl is probably the best loadout. If you look above you'll see that between that and Commando, FUBAR, Claymore are my favorite two loadouts. The thread of discussion that we are following is that: The move you take out of Commando, FUBAR, Crawl to fit Claymore in. I agree with all your points about those moves being strong, but in my opinion the best switch is Crawl for Claymore.

Reasoning being: Cashing out with building the slide KB is a better option after landing a Claymore than the other replacements. You get 25ish percent and build a KB. And having both Crawl and Claymore is just overkill in the tick department, since they both serve a similar purpose in function. So in this specific scenario we're discussing, it's definitely worth it.

Trevor

Noob
I can see it working for other variations no doubt. I guess that the claymore has no appeal to me at all. I just never cared much for the trap playstyle, but I do see your point.

Mace trap + Claymore is quite the combination against characters with no easy way in.

Also didn't realize Mace trap was directable until someone did it to me online.

Trevor

Noob
Mace trap + Claymore is quite the combination against characters with no easy way in.
Wow lol, that sounds increbly frustrating for the other player. They have to jump to avoid the claymore and you macetrap their arse. This seems very effective for zoning, but I prefer the rushdown Rambo all day. it does sound very tempting for the zoning enthusiast.