What's new

Raiden Match Footage

Mandolore1123

Man of Science Who Wields the Living Lightning
LK's teleport punch in Wu Shi,
Unsafe, Can be reacted to and neutral jump punish for ALL his options. Does not lead to combo
Jade's amped nitro kick in jaded
+3 only when done off her running stance, if done raw is a HIGH and mad unsafe. Does not lead to combo
Jax's strings
Most important strings have FB gaps and are minus enough for you to take your turn after blocking. The low option is -20 which should be a full combo punish.
Jacqui's dash punch
Half screen HIGH that can be ducked and full combo punished. Is -7 on block with 0 pushback -> you take your turn with a free strike throw mix
It's pretty safe from mid to far distance you're not countering that move
But you can: move in for free/throw out a BF1/throw out a DF2 AMP (TW specific)/set up QC (Raijin specific)/throw out DB4 projectile and win the zoning war (Raijin specific)
Best of all, you can actually dance between the set distances Geras has for sand trap because guess what? It does NOT track the opponent. So you can be safe if you know your spacing well and play good neutral with the opponent.
It's also so fast vs. Raiden's lighting Strike that if you do it from a far and Geras blocks, he can literally do a counter sand trap and STILL get Raiden because his recovery is trash on that move
Used to be correct, not so since the last patch because Raiden can AMP DF2 on block and make himself safe at full screen. This built in mix up means characters that originally could reversal punish Raiden have to second-guess their punish attempt as long as Raiden has bar.
Jacqui is just broken in V3 at least but that's another story
Raijin counters Upgraded pretty well. I suggest you learn him
SC being safe on amp wouldn't be anymore cheaper than the stuff Geras, Jacqui have.
It would be even cheaper. What character in this game has a safe stun launcher that also jails from pokes and has a circular hit box that you can anti-air with?
They let EB and Scorp be broken for months before nerfing them, yet Raiden had a corner infinite that was patched in a few days lol. Don't get me wrong, I am against infinites but I'm also against broken stuff in general.
Putting strong tools and infinites on the same table of discussion is stupid. Infinites break the rules of the game, of course they should be patched out.
Meter in this game does not recharge like MK 9 or MK X and you only have 2 bars remember, so for me it's risk vs reward. If it's blocked you still used a bar of meter, and pushback just makes him safe from counter attack.
The ONE difference between this game’s meter system and the meter system in MK9 and MKX is that it DOES recharge over time. Every move is risk vs reward. Making storm cell amped safe skews the reward in Raiden’s favour because as long as you have one bar of meter the threat of eating a full combo every single time is sufficient in making every opponent just sit there and take the three hits of chip. Not to mention you are -3 on block so you also reset neutral with push back.

There’s so much wrong in this post.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
For raiden it would take more than just a few minor buffs to be considered braindead. I played a good raijin last night, I had some trouble up close with him but if you block his low staff string hes super punishable and he cant do much vs zoning. For this reason I managed with jade who tends to struggle vs raiden.

Mandolore1123

For raiden it would take more than just a few minor buffs to be considered braindead. I played a good raijin last night, I had some trouble up close with him but if you block his low staff string hes super punishable and he cant do much vs zoning. For this reason I managed with jade who tends to struggle vs raiden.
The fact that he did the low staff on block means he wasn’t hit-confirming. Therefore he was not a good Raijin by any means

MKF30

The fact that he did the low staff on block means he wasn’t hit-confirming. Therefore he was not a good Raijin by any means
Actually, he got me a few times but I adapted to his pattern. His Raijin wasn't bad at all, I would have posted the match but the damn switch updated and NRS has this dumb thing where if you have previous matches that record automatically the game will not let you replay them due to "different version of the game"

Unsafe, Can be reacted to and neutral jump punish for ALL his options. Does not lead to combo

+3 only when done off her running stance, if done raw is a HIGH and mad unsafe. Does not lead to combo

Most important strings have FB gaps and are minus enough for you to take your turn after blocking. The low option is -20 which should be a full combo punish.

Half screen HIGH that can be ducked and full combo punished. Is -7 on block with 0 pushback -> you take your turn with a free strike throw mix

But you can: move in for free/throw out a BF1/throw out a DF2 AMP (TW specific)/set up QC (Raijin specific)/throw out DB4 projectile and win the zoning war (Raijin specific)
Best of all, you can actually dance between the set distances Geras has for sand trap because guess what? It does NOT track the opponent. So you can be safe if you know your spacing well and play good neutral with the opponent.

Used to be correct, not so since the last patch because Raiden can AMP DF2 on block and make himself safe at full screen. This built in mix up means characters that originally could reversal punish Raiden have to second-guess their punish attempt as long as Raiden has bar.

Raijin counters Upgraded pretty well. I suggest you learn him

Normally offline, sure but not online with wacky wifi that slows everything down. Good luck with punishing those gaps under those circumstances.

It would be even cheaper. What character in this game has a safe stun launcher that also jails from pokes and has a circular hit box that you can anti-air with?

Putting strong tools and infinites on the same table of discussion is stupid. Infinites break the rules of the game, of course they should be patched out.

The ONE difference between this game’s meter system and the meter system in MK9 and MKX is that it DOES recharge over time. Every move is risk vs reward. Making storm cell amped safe skews the reward in Raiden’s favour because as long as you have one bar of meter the threat of eating a full combo every single time is sufficient in making every opponent just sit there and take the three hits of chip. Not to mention you are -3 on block so you also reset neutral with push back.

There’s so much wrong in this post.
I'm aware, but jumping doesn't mean auto escape and safe if LK waits his teleport punch stuffs you right out of the air....so not so safe unless you're just doing it blindly with a set pattern.

Not with lag none of that means much when you're facing wacky pings with wifi....

Yes, that's why I said with Jaded because that is the only V with running cancels...

I should have been more specific, not from half or full screen. But from sweep/footsie distance unless you duck and know it's coming it's often too fast and when blocked gives her pushback...

No you can't, I'm talking about TW not Raijin....and good luck trying to do anything with his third V. There's also no free throws in this game, you can get jailing into a free opportunity to throw but they can still throw tech out of it if you're fast enough.

I have no interest in Rajin, it's good but not as good as some people hype it up to be and besides, does not fit my style at all.

Ehh what? It's Still slow on recovery where he can't counter, tested this out and most of the time you're not going to use his amp DF2 because he can use that meter for other things. If you feel differently from full screen where you think Raiden can counter Geras being safe on a normal lightning strike, please show me a video showing this.

No it wouldn't, be less cheap if anything. Also, I noticed you didn't address my Scorp teleport example that took them 4 months to fix. They let that slide and only patched due to all the people demanding nerfs. That move is WAY worse than Raiden having a safe SC as are the others. The point is to make Raiden better not worse. If I wanted him to have safe SC, teleport on top of his Raijin that would be uber cheap and broken. But since he only has the teleport in one variation. Yeah....not a big deal to me.

Yes, I agree never said they were the same. My point is that Raiden has something broken, it gets fixed. Scorpion or others i didnt til 4 months later not a few days. You can't deny this with Scorps teleport for example....EVERYONE had issues with it except Scorp mains. of course. That move the way it was killed the neutral which is the point of MK 11 to begin with to be a heavily neutral based game.

It recharged in MK 9 too, just differently. Those games it recharged via taking hits, block damage and when you were doing combos. The main difference was for characters with faster projectiles and zoning tools, recharged their meter faster due to such but this wasn't even a big deal with characters like KL who couldn't even spam his hat, he was just so strong it didn't matter. No, not every move is risk vs rewards SAFE moves are not risky at all....hence why they're SAFE, you can throw them out and not worry about counter attack. Raiden's SC is very risky all the time unless hit confirmed or used in a combo where it's guaranteed. If not he gets punished. That and you get meter taken from you if you do amp teleports and directed ones takes defensive meter. He's not safe from counter attack blocked SC gets punished easily unless there's lag which Sikander and many other streamers have pointed out. Not wrong, if anything I'm right I played MK 9 a ton, was 2 on the xbox leaderboards and competed against even tourney players in that game. The game was not flawless but it had much better gameplay elements than MK 11 has with certain things.

Last edited:

Mandolore1123

I'm aware, but jumping doesn't mean auto escape and safe if LK waits his teleport punch stuffs you right out of the air....so not so safe unless you're just doing it blindly with a set pattern.
You do it on reaction. LK can’t decide not to do his teleport after you do the input. You react to him moving out the screen and you neutral jump. Lab it
Not with lag none of that means much when you're facing wacky pings with wifi....
It means something at the highest level offline where game balance actually matters. Using online wifi matches as the yak stick for your experience of game balance is useless and worthless.
Yes, that's why I said with Jaded because that is the only V with running cancels...
So you should know that in Jaded you can duck on a read and punish. This move also doesn’t lead into a combo and doesn’t jail from pokes, and can’t anti-air, and doesn’t have a circular hitbox. Unlike some other move in this game...
I should have been more specific, not from half or full screen. But from sweep/footsie distance unless you duck and know it's coming it's often too fast and when blocked gives her pushback...
Regardless of distance when you block that move you get a free strike/throw mix. On block it doesn’t have Enough pushback that you can’t pressure her afterwards. This move also doesn’t lead into a combo, and can’t anti-air, and doesn’t have a circular hitbox. Unlike some other move in this game...
No you can't, I'm talking about TW not Raijin....and good luck trying to do anything with his third V. There's also no free throws in this game, you can get jailing into a free opportunity to throw but they can still throw tech out of it if you're fast enough.
You are guaranteed a chance to walk in once you block a move that is -19. You can also throw out a projectile on reversal. I never said anything about throws. I said ”throw out a BF1” Learn to read.
Nope. Still slow on recovery where he can't counter, tested this out and most of the time you're not going to use his amp DF2 because he can use that meter for other things. If you feel differently from full screen where you think Raiden can counter Geras being safe on a normal lightning strike, please show me a video showing this.
As long as you have the threat of AMP he has to read whether or not you do it or not for his reversal punish. I will admit I was wrong. He can reversal punish both options but he still has to guess. You know if you block a sand trap it take 36 frames for the next sand trap to com out. Your lightning strike comes out in 22frames, BF1 comes out in 28 frames. You are guaranteed a free projectile check after every sand trap on block. If you don’t want to use lightning strike in fear of being punished, use BF1.
Raiden's SC is very risky all the time unless hit confirmed or used in a combo where it's guaranteed.
It’s a launcher. That’s norm for all Mortal Kombat games. What launcher in this game is safe? It is working as intended. Hence why it SHOULD NOT BE SAFE.
No, not every move is risk vs rewards SAFE moves are not risky at all....hence why they're SAFE, you can throw them out and not worry about counter attack.
With the addition of flawless block, safe moves can carry risks due to gaps in the strings or specials. Being safe just means you don’t get punished. It doesn’t mean it doesn’t carry risk.
Also, I noticed you didn't address my Scorp teleport example that took them 4 months to fix. They let that slide and only patched due to all the people demanding nerfs.
Using moves that you think are unfair or broken as justification for making your own character unfair or broken is the worst possible reason for asking for buffs.
If I wanted him to have safe SC, teleport on top of his Raijin that would be uber cheap and broken.
Giving him a way to make storm cell safe makes storm cell even better than buffed DF2. It hits 3 times, can be easily hit confirmed and doesn’t depend on a buff to gain extra properties. If you dont’ have meter, you can run away and zone with your teleport. How is that not cheap and broken?

MKF30

Mandolore:I have and like I said before, if you do it strategically he's safe as long as they're on the ground. On reaction can be said about almost any moves from Jax's FB to Scorp's teleport it doesn't always mean you'll be able to avoid it though is what I'm saying.

Yes, that's my point. Unless the connection is near to perfect(which if you've read the feedback on this game online you know isn't) than a lot of what you're saying won't matter much if you're dealing with freezing, slow gameplay. You didn't specify offline or online.

Yes, I know but I would not recommend this as it's much easier to just NJK or JK instantly stuffs them out. Works for me all the time it's similar to your LK teleport example, if you do it on reaction once you see her charging you she can be stuffed out. It's very good for rushdown style for Jade players.

I know but I wouldn't recommend that since she's very fast and that move is safe last time I checked. Safer moves are harder to pressure or just not possible especially with any remote lag. Yeah I know it's a knockdown move, though it CAN take you out of the air if you're jumping back and she reads it. The distances make a difference as reacting to it farther away is much easier than up close.

I can read fine thanks, it just sounded like you were saying it as if it would be a guaranteed throw.

Unless Raiden is literally chip damage away there's no reason to waste it doing Amp LS though tbh. As long as he blocks it's not that hard for Geras to counter, all Raiden can do from a far is Superman(which anyone can see coming), lighting toss which can be ducked unless he does the amp or block low or of course LS which at max distance most Raiden players tend to do in TW. You know sand trap has insanely fast recovery and can be done almost instantly like Sonya's rings? There's very little cooldown period which while a lot of moves have that in the game, his move doesn't have a long recovery animation like Raiden's LS so it's one of the most dangerous and annoying moves in the game to deal with. It's also a powerful tool for both zoning and anti-zoning. If you both do the moves at the same time Geras will also win that battle as his move comes out quicker than LS. They can at least make LS safer, much faster in the future but I doubt this will happen. Nobody uses this move up close anyway.

Yes, however it'll keep you in the air if you use it as an AA against someone jumpy. They're doing most of the work putting themselves in that position he's merely pinning you in the air(that would be their mistake) I've done this a few times on reaction since the jumping in this game is so damn floaty compared to previous MK's. So you're fine with other moves like Vanilla Scorp's teleport, Sindel's F4, Jacqui's dash punch, LK's teleport punch, ALL of Kabal's strings and various other moves in the game being safe because they're not launchers but you think one move on arguably the weakest character in the game would make him OP? I don't agree. Should be safe, but like I said ONLY on amp, not normal and just have it pushback. It's one move when he's still unsafe from all his other moves on block Superman, LS, teleport close etc, etc

I get FB is a new counter mechanic but most players don't even consistently do FB, and online especially with crazy pings? Ha good luck getting that timing consistent. I would not rely on Flawless block given how precise the timing is in this game with that mechanic, 9/10 people will not use that even tournament matches I watch I rarely if ever see someone using it. A lot of people also feel it's a waste meter which I personally agree. If you mistime it you get hit. If you can't get punished the risk is near to not there, hence why it's called safe as oppose to a string that is heavily punishable on block that's not safe.

This does not justify Scorp's teleport not being broken or OP. Which is was. The move literally didn't act as a high, low, mid but all and was a braindead move before they fixed it to strictly a high. Are you saying you were ok with the Scorp's vanilla teleport? Because if you say yes and are against Raiden's SC amp being safe, this literally makes no sense to me. Especially when Scorp had so much power with that one move killing neutral, you had to react instantly or eat major damage, couldn't jump, couldn't punish...there''s a difference between a move that's annoying and a move that's flat out broken/OP.

It can easily be blocked and punished too....which is why when I said safe like you yourself said earlier, "safe does not mean without risk" well there you go, all I want is for the move to do more pushback, not a damage buff, not faster and only AMPed. There are other moves in the game that work this way. Wait what? You can't just run away with your teleport because his teleport is not safe unless you're using placement which costs you meter so you can only do that twice in a small window. Zoning isn't as cheap as someone rushing you down and not letting you get up when the game has decent at best Wake up options. Are you trying to say zoning is cheap and broken? Because with wavedashing and teleports you can get in with practice or you can just use a zoner yourself. TW is not great at zoning everyone in the game, only from a far but like I said earlier vs someone like Geras it's pretty much useless.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
This guy’s Raiden is pretty solid
At about 4:00 he just goes for that B2 KB so hard, that was fun to see. Not sure how viable a strategy that is, but man he was determined to go for it no matter how long he'd need to wait.

Edit: He hits the first B2 at 3:53, and then finally hits the second B2 at 4:07. I just find that funny he was able to wait so long.

MKF30

Darth, but sc isnt safe....
At about 4:00 he just goes for that B2 KB so hard, that was fun to see. Not sure how viable a strategy that is, but man he was determined to go for it no matter how long he'd need to wait.

Edit: He hits the first B2 at 3:53, and then finally hits the second B2 at 4:07. I just find that funny he was able to wait so long.
I tried that myself honestly it only works on noobs since no smart player will fall for b2 kb. Yeah waiting that long is incredibly risky imo

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Darth, but sc isnt safe....

Because special moves that have decent startup, launch, and have a large hitbox or track/projectile are never safe. Not if they do all three. That's why making SC safe on amp would break the move.

You keep comparing it to a move like Sand Trap, but Sand trap is 17f on startup, has 33f of recovery, and is -19 on block. Plus it doesn't launch. It's a strong anti-zoning and zoning tool, and combined with the rest of his kit it's really good, but I don't think it's broken.

This is true for the other moves you've listed before as well. They might be safe, they might have fast/decent startup, they might launch, but none of them do all three at the same time.

MKF30

Because special moves that have decent startup, launch, and have a large hitbox or track/projectile are never safe. Not if they do all three. That's why making SC safe on amp would break the move.

You keep comparing it to a move like Sand Trap, but Sand trap is 17f on startup, has 33f of recovery, and is -19 on block. Plus it doesn't launch. It's a strong anti-zoning and zoning tool, and combined with the rest of his kit it's really good, but I don't think it's broken.

This is true for the other moves you've listed before as well. They might be safe, they might have fast/decent startup, they might launch, but none of them do all three at the same time.
I know but the way move currently is it’s pretty flawed because you have to remember the fact that the last hit can totally be ducked which is kind of stupid if you ask me but whatever. If it gave raiden plus advantage for follow up attack I’d agree that would be super broken even though 5eres characters that have that already in the game that’s why I suggested massive pushback so it wouldn’t break the move and only when amped, not normally. If the amped version hits raiden is getting damage anyway so in that regard the move would not be changed on hit confirm. His normal move does not launch.

Yes but sand trap is a broken move it does two things at once recovers way too fast and should not be in all three of his variations yet they limit raiders teleport to one but give geras the same move in all three as well as scorp teleport....but yeah on geras I’ll just respectfully disagree there. Let’s put it this way if you do lightning strike and geras blocks it he can literally do sand trap before raiden recovers in time to block to me that’s just stupid. So even if raiden is far away he’s not safe from geras counter attack. The whole point of lightning strike is to attack further and be safe unless your trade but that’s not a trade.

rainuS

Prince of Edenia

I dont know why he played Raijin against Skarlet he should use Thunderwave against her. But maybe he only plays Raijin.

Mandolore1123

I know but the way move currently is it’s pretty flawed because you have to remember the fact that the last hit can totally be ducked which is kind of stupid if you ask me but whatever. If it gave raiden plus advantage for follow up attack I’d agree that would be super broken even though 5eres characters that have that already in the game that’s why I suggested massive pushback so it wouldn’t break the move and only when amped, not normally. If the amped version hits raiden is getting damage anyway so in that regard the move would not be changed on hit confirm. His normal move does not launch.

Yes but sand trap is a broken move it does two things at once recovers way too fast and should not be in all three of his variations yet they limit raiders teleport to one but give geras the same move in all three as well as scorp teleport....but yeah on geras I’ll just respectfully disagree there. Let’s put it this way if you do lightning strike and geras blocks it he can literally do sand trap before raiden recovers in time to block to me that’s just stupid. So even if raiden is far away he’s not safe from geras counter attack. The whole point of lightning strike is to attack further and be safe unless your trade but that’s not a trade.
Here we go again...you keep insisting you are right when literally no one agrees with you. You know sand trap is different in his 3 variations right? The properties of the move on hit are the same for New Era and Eternal but Infinite Warden gets a different version. How many times does the raiden community have to tell you that storm cell and sand trap are not comparable because they serve different functions. Storm cell should not be safe period. Just stop

I dont know why he played Raijin against Skarlet he should use Thunderwave against her. But maybe he only plays Raijin.
Nah, Raijin works just fine. I'm surprised he had so much trouble against her zoning, honestly, since he's clearly got good movement and defense.
I definitely noticed he doesn't use Discharge enough either which is a big game changer.

I've been playing strictly Raijin all season to get better at the keep away matchups and so far only Sonya has given me real issues getting in.
I'll never understand why her fireball needs to be that good.

MKF30

Here we go again...you keep insisting you are right when literally no one agrees with you. You know sand trap is different in his 3 variations right? The properties of the move on hit are the same for New Era and Eternal but Infinite Warden gets a different version. How many times does the raiden community have to tell you that storm cell and sand trap are not comparable because they serve different functions. Storm cell should not be safe period. Just stop
The fact that you think cause "no one agrees with me" as a crutch for an argument proves that you're just not open to others ideas. I've said this to you and others before, I dont care who agrees or disagrees. It's a discussion and if we want raiden actually better we suggest ideas to make him better. btw you're wrong, two others actually do agree with me but they haven't posted, see me like I told you before I don't really care what someone thinks of my opinions so stop trying to use others disagreeing or agreeing with me as a crutch for your argument. It makes you sound desperate.

Also if you actually read what I said I never said they were the same I said moves like sand trap are broken because of the way the moves works yet you're so insistent on keeping Raidens shitty. Good luck then, you wont see him winning anything even if sonic uses him. Namely his 2nd and 3rd variations and this is an fact you can't deny in his current state. I will not stop, ignore me if you wish but as a raiden main your opinion is no more better than mine especially as someone who's played every mk game with raiden and not just 2 or 3 games. My stance shall remain. Thanks.

Mandolore1123

The fact that you think cause "no one agrees with me" as a crutch for an argument proves that you're just not open to others ideas. I've said this to you and others before, I dont care who agrees or disagrees. It's a discussion and if we want raiden actually better we suggest ideas to make him better. btw you're wrong, two others actually do agree with me but they haven't posted, see me like I told you before I don't really care what someone thinks of my opinions so stop trying to use others disagreeing or agreeing with me as a crutch for your argument. It makes you sound desperate.

Also if you actually read what I said I never said they were the same I said moves like sand trap are broken because of the way the moves works yet you're so insistent on keeping Raidens shitty. Good luck then, you wont see him winning anything even if sonic uses him. Namely his 2nd and 3rd variations and this is an fact you can't deny in his current state. I will not stop, ignore me if you wish but as a raiden main your opinion is no more better than mine especially as someone who's played every mk game with raiden and not just 2 or 3 games. My stance shall remain. Thanks.
I am open to ideas that help Raiden and improve his weaknesses. Storm cell isn’t a weakness. It’s a launcher and by definition it should be remain unsafe. I’ve suggested plenty of ideas to make Raiden better, read them.

MKF30

I am open to ideas that help Raiden and improve his weaknesses. Storm cell isn’t a weakness. It’s a launcher and by definition it should be remain unsafe. I’ve suggested plenty of ideas to make Raiden better, read them.
Disagree, it's a big weakness that gets badly punished when blocked regardless of normal or amped. Tons of other characters in the game have safe specials, the fact that it launches means nothing to me. Look at sindels scream kb, works even if you're in the air or on the ground and leads to insane damage. Lots of people on here have said its broke along with her damage. I have read them, I'm doing what everyone else is doing merely making suggestions which I have also made others not pertaining to sc at all as well.

Mandolore1123

Disagree, it's a big weakness that gets badly punished when blocked regardless of normal or amped. Tons of other characters in the game have safe specials, the fact that it launches means nothing to me. Look at sindels scream kb, works even if you're in the air or on the ground and leads to insane damage. Lots of people on here have said its broke along with her damage. I have read them, I'm doing what everyone else is doing merely making suggestions which I have also made others not pertaining to sc at all as well.
What. That’s the point. If you suck and can’t hit confirm and do storm cell on block then you deserve to be punished. It’s a launcher. It shouldn’t be safe. Sindel has only been out for a while, she’s not even tournament legal yet. You’re asking for balance changes be made before gameplay at the highest level is seen? You can’t compare a KB that you can only get once a match to a launcher that you get every time do you DB2.

MKF30

What. That’s the point. If you suck and can’t hit confirm and do storm cell on block then you deserve to be punished. It’s a launcher. It shouldn’t be safe. Sindel has only been out for a while, she’s not even tournament legal yet. You’re asking for balance changes be made before gameplay at the highest level is seen? You can’t compare a KB that you can only get once a match to a launcher that you get every time do you DB2.
Has nothing to do with sucking or not, you can't hit confirm every time you do a special not to mention there's lag that plays a role, example I've done jump ins with DB2 amp and the wifi sucks so much that the move gets delayed and they can block after the second hit of the 50/50 hits them, that should not happen so they're able to block it and I get punished. that's not my fault, that's the netcode, bad connection and how the move works. I as the player am doing my job hit confirming it. And that's also why there's a block button to block attacks, kind of been a thing since MK 1. Should be safe or if not SC like I said earlier pages ago make his KB's easier and more practical, make his Superman one be on 3rd hit and NOT full screen which is dumb and make it juggle. Don't tell me that's broke because TONS of KB's give characters juggles and/or free hits after. Or another suggestion as I've said before make LS safe, it's only a move that's useful from far away to mid screen anyway so nothing would be broke about it being safe, nearly everyone projectile attacks are safe or have fast recovery even Scorp's spear and Sub's iceball in this game are significantly faster compared to previous titles. Besides, the SC idea I mean look I don't know for sure how that would play but neither do you, unless we actually SAW it in action it may make him much better or just a little bit. I don't mind theorizing but I don't like to assume either. On Sindel I know, just saying what alot of people have been saying about her. I personally don't think she's as big a problem as others I have issues with in this game but I can see them toning her damage output down and possibly her F4, U3 which is pretty much spam, braindead abusable.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
Making something like B12 -7, changing the range on some of his moves like his S3, or changing some of his KB requirements would be a way better way to buff Raiden than making SC safe.

I think we already have a good idea of how Raiden would play if SC was safe on amp:

1. Throw out any cancelable string or move, including D1
  2. Cancel into SC, and AMP.
  3. If the move hit, congratulations! Go into an easy combo for 25%-32% damage and corner carry
  4. If the move is blocked, congratulations! You are now outside of throw and fast safe mid range of your opponent. Just block or backup to reset neutral. Return to step 1.
There'd be no reason to do anything other than the above sequence, and it'd be almost impossible for an opponent to counter.

MKF30

I think it’s no secret his kbs are trash compared to others in the game so it’s logical for nrs to buff them or make requirements easier