What's new

QUESTIONS/INFO THREAD

If the stomp hits then you're free to pressure your opponent on their wake up. Don't always throw though... use 3 BF3 and B1 2 BF3. Those strings will catch any jumpers.

If the stomp misses you're free to be punished.

yeah you can pressure after the stomp but you have to be mindful of the matchup and your opponent's options since some wakeup attacks (i.e. Kung Lao's spin) will beat your pressure every time.

I finally played online since PSN came back up last night. Big ups to you guys for posting about her 3 on opponent's wakeup. I fucking love it. I saw how bad Cyrax can zone her. Ughhhh that shit was ugly.

Noob is far worse... far worse. I played my first good one today and wow. Getting in wasn't even the most frustrating part, it was his wake up anti air move.

Big ups to you guys for posting about her 3 on opponent's wakeup.
Going to preach how amazing B1, 2 is again on wake up. Especially in the corner when you can add a 1+2, all 3 of those hits hit crouching opponents as well.

D_Matt_Ma

Sheeva isn't Goro's wife. Goro is her husband.
Going to preach how amazing B1, 2 is again on wake up. Especially in the corner when you can add a 1+2, all 3 of those hits hit crouching opponents as well.
You sure the 1+2 hits crouchers? I'm pretty sure it doesn't.

I dunno. Her mid screen combo damage is kinda ass compared to many other characters. She only really gets good damage from her crouch grab. So I think the damage boost for her is a good start, considering she's a huge ass character.

Are you guys even landing combos with her that often? I find that most of my matches are pretty much won by poking, standard grabs and single hits (i.e. f+4). I wonder if the damage boost will be for all of her standard attacks or just her specials? Or both?

Yeah, I think damage boosting is what I wanted the most. 28% biggest mid screen combo no ex is pathetic.

Are you guys even landing combos with her that often? I find that most of my matches are pretty much won by poking, standard grabs and single hits (i.e. f+4). I wonder if the damage boost will be for all of her standard attacks or just her specials? Or both?
The most combos I'll land are 3 BF3, B1 2, F3 BF3 and occasionally a quad toss combo. I think the only way her damage will be boosted is by normals.. her BF3 seems to take a lot of hits to make damage protection pop up, as most of the time it still does 2% each punch instead of 1. If only her specials get a damage boost, it really won't make a massive difference, unless it's like +5%, and even then mix that in with damage protection. I doubt her BF3 would get a damage boost. And Sheeva has to be played as a poke character, she's far too slow.

Also, to punish I no longer use 2 1 2 F1 BF3 but 1 2 B1 dash 1 B2 DF1 because her air grab makes the opponent no longer able to roll back, and they're one dash away from Sheeva. You're able to use a sweep, quad toss, dash throw, F4, bait a wake up etc. at that range. It only does 4% less than the 2 1 2 F1 BF3. BF3 can still be used in the corner. The only issue I'm having with this setup is those who jump away, I'm guessing a dash and U2 on reaction or another dash 4 BF3.

Gast

Noob
Tested it on a cpu and it does. Just stand back a bit so B1 and 2 whiffs and watch 1+2 hit.

Last night on S1ilent1's livestream, Brady said she was getting some damage buffs. :)
Oh that is just swell, wonder how big a boost? Since that may make her pretty crazy in tag mode, possibly getting a couple of kill combos. Man I should get myself a capture card or something and start recording stuff, anyone know any good ones? For 360 that is.

page

Noob
Unless they're going to make her into Potemkin I don't see how damage will help her in her worst matchups. She'll still be useless on the ground, have no way of getting out of the corner, crappy overheads, unsafe block strings, and no ability to pressure certain characters.

Also, anyone else having 212f2 not end in an overhead for them on block? I swear I was getting a 4 hit string that was being blocked low. The last hit she flailed her arm instead of doing the elbow.

Page I doubt the damage buff will be the last of tweaks to her. She'll still have her issues but at least she'll hurt more when she finally does get some hits in. A damage buff is probably the easiest thing they can do right now which is likely why they are doing it first.

I dunno why you say she has crappy overheads? Her crouch grab is an overhead that leads to some of her strongest combos. Plus her EX crouch grab has armor. :confused:

212f1 overhead will whiff against certain crouching characters.

page

Noob
You have to rely on obvious setups to get a crouch throw in, setups that simply don't work against certain characters (i.e., the good ones). Compared to actually good overheads in the game it lacks speed, range, and safety.

She basically has 2 dangerous lows, which are the ONLY reason to ever crouch against her. But both of them are really slow, possibly slow enough to react to. One of them leads into character and stance specific combos, the other is probably impossible to hit confirm. If her opponent guesses right then they get a free combo against Sheeva. These are poor options by any standard. Making them do more damage will not help her much in situations where she's already having problems.

But you may be right; she may be getting more than a simple damage buff. I'll wait and see.

eh she recovers pretty quickly form a whiffed crouch throw. The range sucks though.

What lows of hers are you speaking of? b+2 is safe on block. f+3 is less safe by itself but you should be buffering her specials after it anyway. Gast mentioned that f+3, d,f+2 is safe on block and I've yet to be punished for it either. Yes an aware opponent can release a crouch block to have the fireball whiff over him but she has an answer to that as well by doing her crouch throw instead. Pretty sure her sweep is safe on block as well. The worst thing about her lows is that they are relatively slow, but I definitely wouldn't say an opponent gets a free combo for guessing right.

You can avoid the whole "character/stance specific combos" after her b+2, 1+2 by just doing the fireball instead. Less damage but it works on everyone in any stance, and it gives the opponent less meter, and its less likely to be broken since you're using a projectile.

With that being said I very much hope that they add some value to her EX specials. She desperately needs some armor on something besides her crouch throw, so that she isn't so free on wakeup. That's probably my biggest issue with her right now.

D_Matt_Ma

I dropped her because she was free on wake-up. If they give her something with the patch, I'll come back. Until then, the large hitbox with poor wake-up pretty much allows players to focus on the knockdown and nothing else just to give her a hard time on wake-up.

Legacy Virus

Masquerade
The Sheeva Buffs (5/20/11)

Well it seems our sweet sexy 4 arm woman has received some damage buffs. Her teleport stomp seems to do 1% more damage while her EX Stomp the Yard (Ground Stomp) seems to do much more damage as well. A good example of this, is a easy 20% with F+3, D+B+4+Block. This is an easy 20% damage 3 hit combo that starts off low. Also her 50% damage combo from her EX Low Command Grab has now been bumped to 55%. Not bad. From her low command grab she could get 38% with her fireball projectile at the end, now she gets 41%! Add in the standing command grab to replace the fireball and you get 47% damage with no meter used!

What do you all think of her damage buff? Is it enough? Your thoughts please.

I think it definitely helps.
In my opinion, Sheeva is the Zangief of this game, since a lot of her moves start kind of slow, they should at least do more damage then average.

BF3 and Ex BF3 do 1% more.
DB4 and Ex DB4 do 1% more.
DU does 11%, though I think it always did. Training mode always showed it was 7% - 4% damage, but came up as 10% combo damage.
Her DU seems to have gotten a 3%+ish buff. Didn't use it much so can't say haha.
DF1 does 14% damage, and Ex does a nice 18%.
DF2 does 1% more
DB3 B2 1+2 DF2 does 41%.. wow.
Xray is the same.

2 1 2 F1 BF3 does 30%
1 2 B1 dash 4 BF3 does 31% making it her new biggest mid screen. Plus it can be used on Mileena and Kitana.
1 2 B1 dash 1 B2 DF1 does 27%.
B2, 1+2 does 2% more damage.
1 B2 F1 does 2% more damage.
1 2 B1 does 2% more damage.
3 BF 3 does 22%
33 BF3 does 25%
B1 2 BF3 does 24%.

I have no idea if it was like this before, but when the opponent is at the peak of a jump when they're in a corner, you can do F4, D1, BF3 for 28%. Very strict timing.

Also in the corner, 1 2 B1, 1 2 B1 (Do this right away, make sure the 2 misses) 2 1 2 F1 BF3 = 38% Very easy to do, and you don't have to wait for the opponent to fall.

1 2 B1, NJ 1/2, B2 1+2 BF3 = 42%.

I love these changes. Especially to the aa throw.

D_Matt_Ma

Crud, the X-ray is the same... that's not nice. They probably didn't fix the armor glitch for her x-ray, but I'll wait till the big DLC patch is released to fix that. Otherwise, tears to the most messed up x-ray in the game.

page

Noob
Meh. It's something, but I'm still skeptical about this helping her harder matchups unless those characters also get nerfed.