What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Quan Chi General Discussion Thread

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
"Hey guys, i know Coke is good, but i think more people will talk about Sprite in the future."

"FUCK YOU!! Coke is the number one selling soft drink on the planet. If you don't like Coke, then you don't know shit about soft drinks."

"Whoa, jackasses, i never said Coke was bad. Although i do think Sprite has a better aftertaste than Coke and in some cases, tastes better than Coke with other things."

"You knuckle-dragging peasant! Coke goes with everything! If you think Sprite could ever come close to Coke, then you are out of your mind. The research shows that Coke is the highest selling softdrink ever! Why would we ever drink fucking Sprite?"

"I didn't say Sprite was the best. Clearly Coke is. However, i think that Sprite is also good, while not being the best."

"YOU FOOL! Did you not see the part where we proved Coke is better than Sprite in every way?"

"I did."

"So why are you talking about Sprite at all?"

"Because this is a Soft Drink Emporium and this is where we talk about soft drinks, not just Coke."

"COKE IS THE ONLY DRINK WORTH DISCUSSING!!! Coke is the master drink!"

"Yeah. Okay."

That's what has happened here.

I didn't know we were using impractical, combo video bnbs that you never see in actual tournament play for this discussion.

I'll concede that point. You are right about the damage.

But again....

I never said Warlock was better. That has never been my argument.

So again, you're arguing in favor of a position i never took.

I also never said Warlock was better or that it's vortex was objectively better.

Did i compare them? Sure. But i never literally said Warlock's was better. If anything, i was comparing and contrasting the two.

Again: Summoner is the best variation. This does not make Warlock bad by default. Warlock has a solid set of tools that people are overlooking in my opinion.

I'm not repeating myself again. If you can't grasp the thing I've said over and over about the two variations by now, you never will.
I personally do these "impractical" combos in my casual offline matches with a player who placed 5th at last Russian MKX major. I do them like 8/10 times.

"Hey guys, i know Coke is good, but i think more people will talk about Sprite in the future."

"FUCK YOU!! Coke is the number one selling soft drink on the planet. If you don't like Coke, then you don't know shit about soft drinks."

"Whoa, jackasses, i never said Coke was bad. Although i do think Sprite has a better aftertaste than Coke and in some cases, tastes better than Coke with other things."

"You knuckle-dragging peasant! Coke goes with everything! If you think Sprite could ever come close to Coke, then you are out of your mind. The research shows that Coke is the highest selling softdrink ever! Why would we ever drink fucking Sprite?"

"I didn't say Sprite was the best. Clearly Coke is. However, i think that Sprite is also good, while not being the best."

"YOU FOOL! Did you not see the part where we proved Coke is better than Sprite in every way?"

"I did."

"So why are you talking about Sprite at all?"

"Because this is a Soft Drink Emporium and this is where we talk about soft drinks, not just Coke."

"COKE IS THE ONLY DRINK WORTH DISCUSSING!!! Coke is the master drink!"

"Yeah. Okay."

That's what has happened here.
And yeah, you did say Warlock's vortex was better and guaranteed and Summoner's was the one you could get out of with armor and t hat it did little damage.

Rude

And yeah, you did say Warlock's vortex was better and guaranteed and Summoner's was the one you could get out of with armor and t hat it did little damage.
Comparing and contrasting is not the same as saying one is strictly better.

I already said i was wrong about the damage. I also said you could armor out of specific follow ups. When i made the initial statement of armoring through hia vortex, i went back and admitted that i misspoke.

Find me the quote where i say, "Warlock's vortex is better than Summoner." Please.

I already admitted to being mistaken about a few things. Earlier, when i mentioned being able to armor through a three frame gap vs. a one frame gap? Not only is that true, but the point i was making was that human error is a factor. Even EVO Champions mistime things.

So no, i didn't say Warlock's was strictly better. The stuff i was wrong about, ive already admitted to.

I reeeaaally wish people would stop putting words in my mouth and arguing things that i didn't say.

Do you have footage of your play?

Last edited:

Rude

You know what? Okay.

I am completely and 100% wrong about Warlock having any value at all as a variation. No one should ever play it because Summoner.

Never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever play Warlock. There is nothing good about it. At all.

Play Summoner. Can this be over now? Can we change this to the official Sorcerer and Summoner Chat For Life because Warlock is so shitty it may as well not exist on the roster?

RYX

BIG PUSHER
damn. I was coming in here to ask how I should be playing footsies up close and what I can do to set up vortexes (Is it just ending with trance/the EX portal stab in Warlock?)

didn't expect to see rude throwing a fit lol

Rude

damn. I was coming in here to ask how I should be playing footsies up close and what I can do to set up vortexes (Is it just ending with trance/the EX portal stab in Warlock?)

didn't expect to see rude throwing a fit lol
Yeah. I sure did.

I was super wrong, you guys.

It is what it is.

Wake ups and armor is still something to consider anyways in some MUs. So sometimes I would give up damage and safe vortex for that. But yeah for the most MU you wanna use Summoner.... Unless of course you want swag... Warlock is still the swaggiest)

Rude

Wake ups and armor is still something to consider anyways in some MUs. So sometimes I would give up damage and safe vortex for that. But yeah for the most MU you wanna use Summoner.... Unless of course you want swag... Warlock is still the swaggiest)

Yeah, the thing about Quan is that his variations could cover all match ups.

What do you think about Sorcerer?

Yeah, the thing about Quan is that his variations could cover all match ups.

What do you think about Sorcerer?
I agree that it's armor is awesome against non-multihitting rushdown (unlike Jax, Raiden, Cassie, Erron Black))counter zoning where opponent doesn't have multihitting zoning (unlike Jaqui, Cassie, Jax,etc.) and against teleports which also don't have fast multihits( unlike ermac's ex tele). But in MUs where you are getting rushed down hard and can't get any of you spells out, I think Summoner is still better, he at least has a great chance to come back with one opening and keep meter for breakers and ex Runes in footsies and zoning. Even Warlock probably works better in such situations. Rune trap is neat but requires resources and pretty situational at times. New stuff with comboing with ex trance (which with very tight timing gives you a free spell in the middle of the combo) look very promising though!

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
I look away for a few days, and people are asking for wake up buffs?..... -______-
to be fair I only looked at the character salt thread, I've not bothered to look around these parts at risk of my brain failing from the amount of: No, I feel towards any form of Quan 'buff'

NapalmCL

Professional training dummy
I look away for a few days, and people are asking for wake up buffs?..... -______-
to be fair I only looked at the character salt thread, I've not bothered to look around these parts at risk of my brain failing from the amount of: No, I feel towards any form of Quan 'buff'
So you haven't actually read the thread? Like at all? Just the joke song bit written in a satire thread? Just clarifying.

NapalmCL

Professional training dummy
I figured it was a summary of goings on with a sense of humour, like the flood of Brady's Sub videos
Gotcha, yeah this thread doesn't have that. It's the Quan Chi buff thread that started out as a joke then escalated from someone asking for skydrop to be fixed as a wakeup. I think Quan is strong without a wakeup, I would honestly just like the teleport to be a viable... move in general I guess? It was one of my favourite from MK9.

I'm only following a few threads on the Quan forums so I missed it too.

Rude

So the other day, i tried to use mb Sky Drop to get out of the corner.

As Quan was landing, my sparring partner did a throw and threw me our of the move. He did this on accident.

Maaaaaaaaannnnn...

@Pygmy_Potato