What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Quan Chi General Discussion Thread

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Any NA Quans on PS4 or PC want to play? I have only faced 2 Quans and I want more. If it's PS4 it's going to have to wait a bit. But add me and will definitely get some matches in.
PS4: Buyacushun. Chars: Brawler Cassie, MoS Raiden, SG KK
Steam: Color Money Chars: Same + Predator.
i use quan, i still need lots of improve ment. so more matchup exp will be helpful.

psn;UnknownOp-52

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
Is there a place where Warlock is bad to use? I feel like it's a overall good variation because base Quan Chii is just good. Anyone can just pick a Quan that they like for whichever MU. But I'm sure there are cases where each one edges out the others.
I would say summon is the best and outplays the majority of the cast but warlock can be used to help him against unfavourable matchups but summoner is just unquestionably the best

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
How do you guys approach the Imposter Shinnok match up?

Boneshaper actually feels preferrable to fight these days.

Imposter gets big damage off Trance when he takes it, and ge can loop 50/50s over and over again. I don't think you can react to instant-air teleport and I feel like Imposter controls the screen and the pace of the match the best.

I play all three variations, but don't feel comfortable fighting Shinnok in any of them.

How do you guys approach the Imposter Shinnok match up?

Boneshaper actually feels preferrable to fight these days.

Imposter gets big damage off Trance when he takes it, and ge can loop 50/50s over and over again. I don't think you can react to instant-air teleport and I feel like Imposter controls the screen and the pace of the match the best.

I play all three variations, but don't feel comfortable fighting Shinnok in any of them.
I play both Shinnok and Quan, I believe Summoner/Impostor is a 5:5. Impostor can vortex Summoner, but Summoner can do that as well. Plus Summoner actually gets more damage. Impostor owns him up close, has better footsies, and can get some crazy chip after landing a Mimicry. But Summoner can zone Impostor and offline it is definitely possible to react to ia tricky portal with ia NJP which autocorrects. Runes are faster than ia tricky portal on start up, and they hit Shinnok out of his tele when he is low to the ground. Quan also punishes the 3rd spark on block every time (when Shinnok doesn't have meter or doesn't MB the spark) with a reversal trance, which isn't hard to do.
I played this MU from both sides and with both characters I feel like I am risking my whole life bar anywhere on the screen)

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
I play both Shinnok and Quan, I believe Summoner/Impostor is a 5:5. Impostor can vortex Summoner, but Summoner can do that as well. Plus Summoner actually gets more damage. Impostor owns him up close, has better footsies, and can get some crazy chip after landing a Mimicry. But Summoner can zone Impostor and offline it is definitely possible to react to ia tricky portal with ia NJP which autocorrects. Runes are faster than ia tricky portal on start up, and they hit Shinnok out of his tele when he is low to the ground. Quan also punishes the 3rd spark on block every time (when Shinnok doesn't have meter or doesn't MB the spark) with a reversal trance, which isn't hard to do.
I played this MU from both sides and with both characters I feel like I am risking my whole life bar anywhere on the screen)

I should have clarified. When I talked about reacting to the teleport, I was talking about his Instant-air one. I don't know that instant air tele is especially reactable.

But you're saying that I should zone more.

I should have clarified. When I talked about reacting to the teleport, I was talking about his Instant-air one. I don't know that instant air tele is especially reactable.

Well, you should zone in the sense that you shouldn't let him near you at all cost and bait the teleport. Instant air tele is indeed reactable with Quan's NJP. Impostor's tricky portal in the air starts up at 18 frames and in this game it takes more than 1 frame to become airborne, so it is at least 20 frames before he disappears plus 9 or 7 frames - the start up of Shinnok's NJP or NJK= at least 27 frames. And Quan's NJP starts up in 5 frames + couple of frames to get airborne= it is about 7-8 frames. And because of it's hitbox NJP hits Shinnok every time regardless of whether he teleports behind you or in front (NJP autocorrects as it is always the same input ).
Regardless of the numbers I have beat and been beaten out of instant air tricky portal on reaction by Quan's NJP as the player I often play offline also has a secondary Summoner.
What you shouldn't do is to try to summon bat in the neutral even fullscreen away because instant air tricky portal definitely punishes that.

Edit: also watch Impostor's meter and punish his Sparks with reversal trance every time he doesn't have any. And he will spent a lot of meter after that making sure he MB his sparks, if you establish that you can punish it with a full combo into the vortex every time.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!

I believe IA tricky portal is reactable with IANJP, at least I react to it most of the time online, so I'd assume its reactable 100% of the time offline.

Take that with a pinch of salt though, I've never really played a crazy good Imposter online, but I've played a few who can IA Tele.

RM Ree

Shiba Tamer
Hey, Quan's armor spell. What are the numbers on this thing? Lasts for 8 seconds? Armor refreshes every 2?? Cool down is 10... Maybe. Can someone help me out?

Krabman

Noob
Why don't more people play Warlock? It seems like one of the few variations in the game that has all the tools you need.

AeWhole

Noob
Hey, Quan's armor spell. What are the numbers on this thing? Lasts for 8 seconds? Armor refreshes every 2?? Cool down is 10... Maybe. Can someone help me out?
It lasts 10 seconds refreshes every 6 seconds you are standing in it so you should only get 2. However you can exit and re enter the circle for a new instance of armour and a new 6 second cooldown.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Question - What color is the alternate color for Quans MK4 costume? Please tell me its red like in MK4.
Nope, it's just a really bland grey/beige. Quan's alt costume color game is the one thing about him that's definitely bottom tier in MKX.

Aramonde

Noob
Small question why is the Sorcerer thread tag white? Summoner: Red - Warlock: Green - Shouldn't Sorcerer be purple?