What's new

General/Other - Quan Chi Quan Chi General Discussion Thread

How to counter that "infinite" with quan chi summoner tranc,low bat,overhead i am not familiar with this mu , my main is jax and predator

Harlequin969

Always press buttons
So I was wondering if this is viable. Using the 1,2 string into either trance or ex rune. On hit go into trance, on block use ex rune to make it safe and then try to 50/50 with the plus frames from ex rune.

I suggest this because it's a string that goes high low. Now a lot of times people block low against quan but if they're expecting the overhead you can catch them into this string. Doesn't do a lot of damage and kinda gimicky but it's an option that that has merit.

Especially if you cancel into ex rune on block which then turns into a 50/50 situation. You can either catch them with a b3 or a b2 into combo and then the Quan games begin. Thoughts?

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Quan Chi doesn’t wear a watch. HE decides what time it is.

Quan Chi is the reason why Waldo is hiding.

Fear of spiders is aracnaphobia, fear of tight spaces is chlaustraphobia, fear of Quan Chi is called logic.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Any NA Quans on PS4 or PC want to play? I have only faced 2 Quans and I want more. If it's PS4 it's going to have to wait a bit. But add me and will definitely get some matches in.
PS4: Buyacushun. Chars: Brawler Cassie, MoS Raiden, SG KK
Steam: Color Money Chars: Same + Predator.

Last edited:

ImmortalSkillit

SteeevRay
Any Quans on PS4 or PC want to play? I have only faced 2 Quans and I want more. If it's PS4 it's going to have to wait a bit. But add me and will definitely get some matches in.
Ps4 Immortalskillet. Warlock Quan, and if im on, in always up to play, just send me a message and im usually g2g

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Hey Quans. All this talk about how good Quan is got me thinking about playing Warlock. He's the one Quan variation that interested me the most and I stopped playing him month 1 for no particular reason.

I know Warlock has the spacing specials and normals plus a better armor move. But are there any places one would use Warlock over Summoner and Sorcerer? Those two seem to be so good at what they do you could do a coin toss and pick either variation to win a MU.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
I need to learn how to fight quan in the neutral

add me on psn pls

I've got to find a way out of the blender

This is great , according to the patch notes summoner is untouched ( hope for no stealth nerfs) and even better sorcrer has hex back now so we made it through this patch lol

Any Quans on PS4 or PC want to play? I have only faced 2 Quans and I want more. If it's PS4 it's going to have to wait a bit. But add me and will definitely get some matches in.
Eu or na version? If you're eu ill gladly play you ( it might be laggy tho) i play quan marksman erron and kung lao :DOGE

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
So I was wondering if this is viable. Using the 1,2 string into either trance or ex rune. On hit go into trance, on block use ex rune to make it safe and then try to 50/50 with the plus frames from ex rune.

I suggest this because it's a string that goes high low. Now a lot of times people block low against quan but if they're expecting the overhead you can catch them into this string. Doesn't do a lot of damage and kinda gimicky but it's an option that that has merit.

Especially if you cancel into ex rune on block which then turns into a 50/50 situation. You can either catch them with a b3 or a b2 into combo and then the Quan games begin. Thoughts?
Why not just use b

Why not use b32 instead of 12. You can actually hit confirm b32 in to trance and it's an instant low whereas with 12 you cannot hit confirm the low and the first hits a high so you can get poked of of it. Plus quan doesn't have any overheads in the middle of his strings so your opponent should be blocking low always after the first hut of any string

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
Hey Quans. All this talk about how good Quan is got me thinking about playing Warlock. He's the one Quan variation that interested me the most and I stopped playing him month 1 for no particular reason.

I know Warlock has the spacing specials and normals plus a better armor move. But are there any places one would use Warlock over Summoner and Sorcerer? Those two seem to be so good at what they do you could do a coin toss and pick either variation to win a MU.
You would use warlock for matchups like liu kang and Tanya. Pressure characters. Warlock is only better because of the armour in these matches but summoner can so perfectly well especially after the buffed d1

ENDeverMORE

The incredible introvert
Just had a thought with sorcerer while doing rune trap, but first clarification: 1 is listed as +1 is that acurate?

figured while the opponent is blocking all the 13xxENrune, we could throw in a cheeky 1 into another 13 or b32/b2/F212

(If anyone has been doing this and I'm just saying what soc players already do: Forgive me, I've been a bit behind on things)

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
You would use warlock for matchups like liu kang and Tanya. Pressure characters. Warlock is only better because of the armour in these matches but summoner can so perfectly well especially after the buffed d1
Is there a place where Warlock is bad to use? I feel like it's a overall good variation because base Quan Chii is just good. Anyone can just pick a Quan that they like for whichever MU. But I'm sure there are cases where each one edges out the others.

Nuovo_Cabjoy

G O R O B O Y S
I can't believe I haven't been in this thread a lot more. I'll try and talk cheating Chi more often.
Yeah I think everyone approaches Quan slightly differently so it's good to see everyone's perspective on the character. I know I've developed my gameplan from a mix of yourself, Dink and Yams. I'm sure there'll be stuff that myself or someone else is doing that could inspire some ideas for you too!

So are you sticking with Summoner still or messing with Sorceror and Warlock too now?

Yeah I think everyone approaches Quan slightly differently so it's good to see everyone's perspective on the character. I know I've developed my gameplan from a mix of yourself, Dink and Yams. I'm sure there'll be stuff that myself or someone else is doing that could inspire some ideas for you too!

So are you sticking with Summoner still or messing with Sorceror and Warlock too now?
I'm messing with all variations. I really trust my sorceror in tournament.