What's new

General/Other Q&A with Kung Lao

i recommend using 21xxspin as combo opener whenever you punish, it's faster and adds ~2% damage to the combo. not really hitconfirmable, so still stick to 112 when you aren't certain if they can block in time.

i like to use 2xx :en hat throw over the method described above b/c of its longer reach and faster speed. might change the damage, too; i'm not sure off-hand.

cheers!
can you tell me where did you quote me from because i never made that post

I believe his xray only has armor as it moves forward. It can be stuffed in the first frame or two.
no I didn't hit him with spin. It just gave sub the animation as if I had blocked his X-ray, and gave me the animation as if he had blocked my spin.

BenGmanUk

Get staffed bro
no I didn't hit him with spin. It just gave sub the animation as if I had blocked his X-ray, and gave me the animation as if he had blocked my spin.
Ah okay it probably cancelled each other out.

Xray beats special obviously but since it never came fully out it probably had special move properties. I've seen a few weird things like this, usually with Kungs xray hitting but not doing anything afterwards. lolNRS etc.

Obs_SmSwag

"I have good taste because I like what I like"
Yeah, Cage has better pokes and safe pressure. Lao's 9 frame d3 and 7frame D1 are huge hindrances in this mu.

man that doesn't matter. you have to play it lame. foxy is the only lao ive played that gives me a really hard time in this mu. you have to play it lame. if you use bird lao tactics and lame cage out than this mu becomes a lot tougher for cage.

Obs_SmSwag

I'll play you using either character if you want, i'm guessing you use Lao?

I'll play you using either character if you want, i'm guessing you use Lao?
i picked up lao last week. my lao is sorta kinda good. still kinda scrubbish though. my cage is amazing though. if you use lao on me ill definately win if you dont know how to play the mu. can you use cage pretty good?

Obs_SmSwag

I used to main cage, I currently main Lao. I can use both at a descent level, my Lao is better though.

if you are on xbox live you can add me. my gamer tag isn't soul bound anymore, its Keith Skillz. ill destroy ur lao with cage :p and then we can switch roles , you be cage and ill be lao. i know how to play that mu with lao but like i said i only picked up lao last week, but im still pretty confident in it. i wont be on tonight though. ill prolly be on tomorrow. but if you really wanna see how that mu should be played, i recommend fighting foxy.

Obs_SmSwag

if you are on xbox live you can add me. my gamer tag isn't soul bound anymore, its Keith Skillz. ill destroy ur lao with cage :p and then we can switch roles , you be cage and ill be lao. i know how to play that mu with lao but like i said i only picked up lao last week, but im still pretty confident in it. i wont be on tonight though. ill prolly be on tomorrow. but if you really wanna see how that mu should be played, i recommend fighting foxy.
I'm on PSN, I know the MU. I don't win the MU every time, but I don't get destroyed lol.

I suck at jk dk to dk combos. I usually just do dk to dk into 24. Any tips on how to do it with the jk in there to keep them close enough to.connect the rest

Obs_SmSwag

Scoot up a lil after you land the spin, the timing is strict, but it'll help you. If you can't do that, make the computer jump and try to land the Jk Dk combo without the 21 spin. If neither of these work, i'll need more info on what's messing you up specifically.

Scoot up a lil after you land the spin, the timing is strict, but it'll help you. If you can't do that, make the computer jump and try to land the Jk Dk combo without the 21 spin. If neither of these work, i'll need more info on what's messing you up specifically.
I do the dash foreward, jk dk, can.get the next dk but I'm to far away to 2

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Half...I think
Okay. You need to do another dash after the 2nd dive kick and then finish. The only area where timing is a bit tough is that half a dash into the jk dk, but after that when you get used to the 2nd dive kick, it shouldn't be too bad to get down.

Okay. You need to do another dash after the 2nd dive kick and then finish. The only area where timing is a bit tough is that half a dash into the jk dk, but after that when you get used to the 2nd dive kick, it shouldn't be too bad to get down.
I'll keep at it. I've used Lao for a while off and on but never bothered to really figure that part out. I'm always content to just dk dk