What's new

PSA: Toxic Players Online

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Yes Koth is Toxic AF. I generally play sets with tournament players from my locals or ask TYM members to do some sets.

Back in MK9 my mail was filled with GG or can you practice the matchup with me requests.
Now its "Tryhard" "SuckMyDick" "Your Cheating" "Spammer".

I recommended you reach out to players on here to play some good games and learn matchups. I'm on XB1 if you want to practice/do sets or just share tech.
Im on PSN unfortunately. I heard or read somewhere that online cross port is going to be a thing for nrs in the future, that would be wild. The more players though the more troll population.

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
I don't care at all about T-bagging. I'm a troglodite and I simply don't understand those millenial communication codes, so I tend to think "what the f**k is he/she trying to say?, is it morse code or something? Maybe he/she has some kind of disfunction in his/her thumbs, poor child".
But trashtalking... that's a different thing. T-bagging is supposed to be some kind of ingame disrespect, like fatals or mercy, but trashtalking into the mic is an act plain rudeness and missbehaviour that I don't tolerate. I've been insulted in almost every languaje since game release. I hate these kind of attitudes in games and social networks (which I don't use). I've finally decided to always join a private chat before playing the game to avoid these toxic situations that make me angry and go in detriment of my enjoyment. However, the thing is that, this way, I skip too some good words of advice that time to time I've been receving from nice people, and even som compliments. Please NRS, we need an quick ingame option to allow or block mic sound.

didn't really need a thread to try to improve toxic online players. could've just said met toxic player. anyone else meet toxic players like this?

Reason MK games seem to have more toxic people is just because of the fatality moment, when they can tbag, taunt, etc.

People is toxic, in every competitive game. Go try a moba, you will have team members screaming all sort of racial stuffand how slut is your mother just because you made a mistake or even picked a different character from the one they order you to pick.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
There's no way to turn off the opponent's mic right?

I don't care about t-bagging, fatals, brutals, etc. I just wish I didn't have to listen to some trashy asshole call me racial epithets while shitty music plays and his neglected baby cries in the background.

I can't believe NRS hasn't given us this fucking option yet. It's unfathomable.

sub_on_dubs

Online Scrub Lord
I'm pretty much in practice mode, Tot, or the krypt then when I'm available, I play with people in the Tym koth or get bodied 1 vs 1 against Tym members.

I'm getting older so I can't deal with the online stress this game gives me. Only time I give people the bags is when they're talking shit or tbagging mid match then they leave me no choice. I make sure they hear every bounce of my balls on the ground.

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
I'm 31 years old, happily married and semi-retired, so when these little e-gangstas try to act hard over a video game I just laugh. About 3 times now some hood dudes out of Detroit have tried to have an actual fight with me over my play-style, and all I will say is that getting your ass kicked and facing assault charges in the same day has got to suck!

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Iv had to start entering a party chat every single time I go on ranked. Idk why people feel the need to blast their shitty mumble rap and talk about literally everything that’s happening, all the while their toddler is screaming in the background. It goes without saying that it’s usually Scorpion players but I think that’s just because there’s so many of them. Kano and Kung Lao players have been the worst if you ask me. Kung Lao teleports and Kano’s overhead in 800 ping while you are listening to their shitty music, them use what I’m assuming is their grasp on the English language, and t-bag.

SaltyPrime

More salt please.
Iv had to start entering a party chat every single time I go on ranked. Idk why people feel the need to blast their shitty mumble rap and talk about literally everything that’s happening, all the while their toddler is screaming in the background. It goes without saying that it’s usually Scorpion players but I think that’s just because there’s so many of them. Kano and Kung Lao players have been the worst if you ask me. Kung Lao teleports and Kano’s overhead in 800 ping while you are listening to their shitty music, them use what I’m assuming is their grasp on the English language, and t-bag.
I've been doing that since IJ2. One of the biggest things I run into is people who have really loud fans on. I dunno if it's to annoy their opponent or they're just dumb and don't realize the mic is picking up the fan sounds. Party chat is crucial when going into online matches. Mic shenanigans need to end.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
You cats are acting like you're just now learning about trash talk. When a bunch of dudes get together in a competetive enviornment, this is what happens lol
Yeah but it’s not some testosterone fueled manly greatness trash talking, they’re all pussies that can’t handle losing that are the most vocal

I don't have a lot to add to this, so I'll make it brief. There are a ton of misconceptions that have been floating around for years. I personally thought spammers are spammers, bottom line. Yet when I picked up Skarlet I was absolutely perplexed on how to use her without ''spamming''. A lot of folks need to take a step back and look at how other people play, it's enlightening to say the least. My last point is anynominity (sp?) is going the way of the dodoo, yall might want to take a look at your own behavior before you make an absolute ass of yourself.

Saboteur-6

Filthy Casual
I don't particularly enjoy trash talk with strangers. That's not a privilege I give people in my life unless I know you. I don't come from a culture where running your mouth because you're playing a competitive game is tolerated without getting checked.

I grew up playing competitive sports (soccer, football, basketball, track) and I always let my performance speak for itself. If you talked mad shit you were just basically painting a giant target on your back to get fucking rocked.

Last edited:

Thingy

Retired account
A couple weeks after the game came out, I was in a party by myself playing Kasual sets with an online random. We were having some sick games, the dude was honestly a better player than I was at that time. the set was like 6-3 in his favor, and I kept seeing his mic icon popping up. So I leave my party to compliment him and said, "Damn dude, your Kabal is nice" after I lost a close match. He started T Bagging me then got on mic saying I was a pathetic spammer and I should sell my game because I suck. lol. I was like, damn, I actually had fun in the set and I was losing.