What's new

PSA: Toxic Players Online

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I just ran into yet another toxic player online ofc. T-Bagging between Kombat League rounds. Started to scream over the mic that I was hacking or using mods (I'm on XB1) because he deems certain moves cheap or lacks matchup and fundamentals of the meta.

On his knockdown I used JIK to blow up his U+3 wakeup that he used far too much which we all know is plus ob and choose to do either D1 check, throw or input string but in this case he got blown up by the jik alone. Screams your hacking and starts T bagging excessively.

I'm simply making this thread to let them know this mentality is a losing mentality. Making excuses for why you lose will get you nowhere, calling moves cheap or tactics scrubby only hinders your progress to becoming a better player. Instead of getting mad, congratulate your opponent and use the rematch match feature built into the game to review what netted you that L and lab up counters.
Playing better people helps you weed out bad habits that won't fly offline in tournament and makes you better for it.

T-Bagging is very disrespectful and does nothing good for either player. It may offer false sense of satisfaction temporarily but overall it fosters a bad way of looking at competitive players. Don't underestimate any player.
T-Bagging makes the community more toxic while saying GGs creates friends and better online experience for everyone.

I tbag vs my friends who know I'm joking but not vs random players in ranked.

Anyone else had salty opponents or psychotic ragers slam your mailbox? Share below what you do in those situations to make the community grow as a whole?

I've for sure come across some really nasty people in this game. I feel like the way MK plays it just naturally really triggers some people (sitting thru fatality or brutality screen after a loss). But yeah lots of people pop their mics on and talk shit the ENTIRE time, even when they're winning and overall playing better than me. I don't get the draw for that, its just a video game. I still get salty at times but overall i just mute people or mute my tv if its ranked and continue on chillin. If I've had a few to drink i might fuck with them a little but 9 times outta 10 i just ignore it.

RoninLoganX

The Masterless Sword
I usually don't play online, but I've been experimenting with Kombat League just to see how well I do, what I can unlock, and I unintentionally performed Cassie's Shoulder Charge Brutality on them and felt horrible for it. I can't fathom why someone would want to be nasty online to strangers.

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
playing online against people that you don't know, and were not in your friend list, will always have risk of being a shit experience ..... always has been this way, and will always be in future, no matter what ..... so, unfortunately, there are only some advices to stand and bear this :

• Don't play online at all
  • Play it, but only with people you know
  • Play it anyway and just ignore all bullshit (if possible) :confused:
it's sad to see that online is infested with losers idiots that put a match, a game, whatever, above the fun factor, and take stuff way too much overdone serious, to the point of losing self control and behaving as the mostest trash worthless piece of crap ever , as a true human garbage , hehe

that's life, carry on !

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
I used to think this way only because im from the arcade era and if you carried on like that when people were spending money each time they played you would have your teeth knocked out real quick. But now i honestly think t bagging is a legit mind game. It did enough mental damage for you to make a thread about it and when you add the mic shit talk it adds up. I dont do it myself but its a part of fighting games now. But come on how much fun is it when the t bagging shit talker gets wrecked.

I just ran into yet another toxic player online ofc. T-Bagging between Kombat League rounds. Started to scream over the mic that I was hacking or using mods (I'm on XB1) because he deems certain moves cheap or lacks matchup and fundamentals of the meta.

On his knockdown I used JIK to blow up his U+3 wakeup that he used far too much which we all know is plus ob and choose to do either D1 check, throw or input string but in this case he got blown up by the jik alone. Screams your hacking and starts T bagging excessively.

I'm simply making this thread to let them know this mentality is a losing mentality. Making excuses for why you lose will get you nowhere, calling moves cheap or tactics scrubby only hinders your progress to becoming a better player. Instead of getting mad, congratulate your opponent and use the rematch match feature built into the game to review what netted you that L and lab up counters.
Playing better people helps you weed out bad habits that won't fly offline in tournament and makes you better for it.

T-Bagging is very disrespectful and does nothing good for either player. It may offer false sense of satisfaction temporarily but overall it fosters a bad way of looking at competitive players. Don't underestimate any player.
T-Bagging makes the community more toxic while saying GGs creates friends and better online experience for everyone.

I tbag vs my friends who know I'm joking but not vs random players in ranked.

Anyone else had salty opponents or psychotic ragers slam your mailbox? Share below what you do in those situations to make the community grow as a whole?
Running into toxic players online is like running into @$$whole drivers in rush hour traffic.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I've had people say that I'm spamming combos and some dude even complained I didn't mercy him, or fatal or brutal. I was like bruh, my goal is to play a lot of games not watch 50 fatalities in a row. I think the best thing to do is to not listen to people on the mic, unless I'm playing with TYM peeps I'm listening to music.

LawAbidingCitizen

I've had people say that I'm spamming combos and some dude even complained I didn't mercy him, or fatal or brutal. I was like bruh, my goal is to play a lot of games not watch 50 fatalities in a row. I think the best thing to do is to not listen to people on the mic, unless I'm playing with TYM peeps I'm listening to music.
Omfg that is awesome, mad cuz you didn't mercy? What was going through that persons mind. I spam combos to, especially when they don't block.

JDE

Pick up & kill it & kill it & kill it!
Tbh, you're always going to find that kind of mentality online. Even here when folks complain about the player's characters that they hate dealing with despite how they may or may not know their own character's or the opponent's character strengths & weaknesses.

It's the internet. The internet allows for those kind of people to exist. They don't care whether they're right or wrong. Their ego is in the way. With that, they won't learn anything. Sucks, but it's the truth. The best way to go about dealing with them is to not pay them any mind or report/block them if they keep bothering you.

LawAbidingCitizen

I used to think this way only because im from the arcade era and if you carried on like that when people were spending money each time they played you would have your teeth knocked out real quick. But now i honestly think t bagging is a legit mind game. It did enough mental damage for you to make a thread about it and when you add the mic shit talk it adds up. I dont do it myself but its a part of fighting games now. But come on how much fun is it when the t bagging shit talker gets wrecked.
I don't think IRS good to have the mentality that I can wreak the T-Bagger and make them suffer. To me its more about saying GG or going about my way. I think all it does is foster more anger and hate. The T-Bagger gets mad when he loses vs us then goes against someone else and repeats the same thing getting false satisfaction from winning somebody else.

More than not I have found when I reach out to them and say GGs you played well no matter who won. I normally get a good response and I like to think the next player in thier path has a better experience.

LawAbidingCitizen

I’m indifferent to consecutive crouches lol. I don’t understand how it could upset somebody that much. I guess it’s just an FGC thing...
Probably because its not mental to say GG its mental to say you are a scrub (easy win) its disrespectful.
I originally made the thread because I feel most sadly don't understand how to be constructive these days. Not because I'm angry at the player. I'm older than most on here and realize certain people do it out of ignorance or immaturity and simply don't see how it effects the community.