What's new

PSA: Toxic Players Online

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I just ran into yet another toxic player online ofc. T-Bagging between Kombat League rounds. Started to scream over the mic that I was hacking or using mods (I'm on XB1) because he deems certain moves cheap or lacks matchup and fundamentals of the meta.

On his knockdown I used JIK to blow up his U+3 wakeup that he used far too much which we all know is plus ob and choose to do either D1 check, throw or input string but in this case he got blown up by the jik alone. Screams your hacking and starts T bagging excessively.

I'm simply making this thread to let them know this mentality is a losing mentality. Making excuses for why you lose will get you nowhere, calling moves cheap or tactics scrubby only hinders your progress to becoming a better player. Instead of getting mad, congratulate your opponent and use the rematch match feature built into the game to review what netted you that L and lab up counters.
Playing better people helps you weed out bad habits that won't fly offline in tournament and makes you better for it.

T-Bagging is very disrespectful and does nothing good for either player. It may offer false sense of satisfaction temporarily but overall it fosters a bad way of looking at competitive players. Don't underestimate any player.
T-Bagging makes the community more toxic while saying GGs creates friends and better online experience for everyone.

I tbag vs my friends who know I'm joking but not vs random players in ranked.

Anyone else had salty opponents or psychotic ragers slam your mailbox? Share below what you do in those situations to make the community grow as a whole?
I had a person go through the trouble of adding me on Steam just to talk shit at me several times before.
So many people psychologically unfit for combat games play these..
In a game where you either win or lose.

What do these people expect, really? Win all the time but not put the work in?

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
So much of this. 90% of people leaves after you win, nobody can stand a loss.
Maybe some people have to go? No one owe's you a rematch. This is the one thing I disagree with in this thread, players are so full of themselves they think every move their opponent does is about them. If they were t bagging or trash talking I can see why but there are various reasons why ppl leave, bad connection, got called away or simply wasn't feeling it. There's not enough evidence that every single person on the planet who leaves is salty.

kostikla

Noob
Got my first teabag today, by a player who I guess was super proud to beat the mirror match... guess I’m oficially in the club? Felt kinda salty because of the mentality. I don’t mind losing a match because a more experienced player beat me. But I didn’t feel like that in this match, you know those matches when your opponent does pretty obvious and not too smart moves and he still somehow wins? This was one of those matches, and the teabag was just the cherry on the top.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Update:

I just had a player who was using Kung Lao and like to teleport a lot. So I punished the Teleport by D1 into B11xxDB1xxDB1F(Shang) 28%
Two times in a row. He waited and he said over the mic "hey babe, put the phones on YouTube "

Then he just yolo teleport over and over but this time I couldn't punish the teleport so it was me waking up to different timing of YOLO teleports that it seemed was unpunishable.

Beware there is a way to make jumps and teleports unpunishable. @GLoRToR

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Maybe some people have to go? No one owe's you a rematch. This is the one thing I disagree with in this thread, players are so full of themselves they think every move their opponent does is about them. If they were t bagging or trash talking I can see why but there are various reasons why ppl leave, bad connection, got called away or simply wasn't feeling it. There's not enough evidence that every single person on the planet who leaves is salty.
You can tell, it’s the timing. I have never got a disconnect when I was losing and I have played some lag fests lol.

I’m sitting at a 41% win rate, I don’t care enough to disconnect, I take my losses. I would be happy with a 50% win rate though. That’s better than I thought I would do. I’d probably be there if it weren’t for the disconnects lol. I have modest goals and they insist on fucking me over. I’m still having fun though so it’s alright.

Lol I'm talking about people that the moment they loss, they insta hit find next opponent button, so no, they don't have to go, ppl just can't stand losing. And I cross the same guys all the time.

And of course nobody is forced to play a rematch, also they are free to teabag and do whatever they want, here we are talking about annoying conducts, nothing else.

xKMMx

Banned
LMAO the first time I ever got tbagged online was MKX and I didn't even know what the hell it was. I didn't realize what it was until I was watching Big J GLeeze videos on youtube and he demolished some dude that tbagged him in the match right before.

The only time I used to get triggered by tbaggers is if they tbag then quit after I had already beat them and didn't give any disrespect.

The only time I tbag is mid match if someone has already bagged me and I'm now kicking their ass. Or if someone is on the mic talking shit.

Personally I think its much more of a burn to just repeatedly jump back and forth over someones head after a match.

Other than that shit the only time I do anything troll like is if someone is talking shit on the mic I will put my mike directly on my loud ass studio monitor speakers and blast Cannibal Corpse songs.

Last edited:

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
Update:

I just had a player who was using Kung Lao and like to teleport a lot. So I punished the Teleport by D1 into B11xxDB1xxDB1F(Shang) 28%
Two times in a row. He waited and he said over the mic "hey babe, put the phones on YouTube "

Then he just yolo teleport over and over but this time I couldn't punish the teleport so it was me waking up to different timing of YOLO teleports that it seemed was unpunishable.

Lots of lagswitchers on PC too. I take extra joy in breaking them.

Gaxkang

Banned
There's toxicity in any fighting game, but some stuff can breed it more too.

With MK11 the online is bad, I think the core gameplay isn't so great, and the sort of play people can get away with with no real great solution to it besides counterpicking or getting to them and doing long canned combos....if a game has a lot of situations where many folks don't feel like they got outplayed that in can increase the toxicity factor for those inclined to it.

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Update:

Must have been the exact same Lao I was playing...….. was not fun and nothing to learn here

Last night however, I had a player hollering down the mic, raging that I kept anti-airing with uppercut (instead of considering that they could just stop jumping into the uppercut). I ended up recording the TV from my phone because PS4 doesn't record the opponent's voice chat via its Share Button. It was constant, explicit, racial and homophobic slurs; like being back on Xbox Live in 2004.
Here's the video of this wild kid. I'll forewarn that they're pretty heavy on the slurs so use discretion. I play pretty badly in this video* so please do not judge me.

Names are cropped out to protect the "innocent".

*exactly as badly as I always do except I don't realise until watching myself back.

There's toxicity in any fighting game, but some stuff can breed it more too.

With MK11 the online is bad, I think the core gameplay isn't so great, and the sort of play people can get away with with no real great solution to it besides counterpicking or getting to them and doing long canned combos....if a game has a lot of situations where many folks don't feel like they got outplayed that in can increase the toxicity factor for those inclined to it.
I don't get it, if you realize that the core gameplay is shit, people win with non legit stuff etc, why still playing the game?

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Here's the video of this wild kid. I'll forewarn that they're pretty heavy on the slurs so use discretion. I play pretty badly in this video* so please do not judge me.

Names are cropped out to protect the "innocent".

*exactly as badly as I always do except I don't realise until watching myself back.
Wow, I don't know how you were even able to concentrate, that dude was annoying AF. You started playing more patiently in the second and third round, nice win on this douche bag. I would have t-baged, a lot. XD

Gaxkang

Banned
I don't get it, if you realize that the core gameplay is shit, people win with non legit stuff etc, why still playing the game?
It's got a good single player game going on, it has cool characters.

The PVP is bad IMO and the online is bad (lots of folks have seen the bad online). One can hope a big balance patch might help, but that is some ways off still, until after August I guess. Might still not be enough.

PVP-wise it is a fighting game with a good player base as opposed to one that only has 150-200 players. It's a shame the gameplay isn't better (right now at least). And this comes from someone who has won more fights than lost, and I haven't been using the best characters in the game. So it's like working the gameplay without depending on crutches that many folks online depend on (and still sometimes lose).

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Lots of lagswitchers on PC too. I take extra joy in breaking them.
I didn't even know the term for Them? Lol

Why does everyone on league jump like crazy? Obviously lag prevents punish sometimes but why is everyone telegraphing every move that's more than 30 frames of disadvantage

It's got a good single player game going on, it has cool characters.

The PVP is bad IMO and the online is bad (lots of folks have seen the bad online). One can hope a big balance patch might help, but that is some ways off still, until after August I guess. Might still not be enough.

PVP-wise it is a fighting game with a good player base as opposed to one that only has 150-200 players. It's a shame the gameplay isn't better (right now at least). And this comes from someone who has won more fights than lost, and I haven't been using the best characters in the game. So it's like working the gameplay without depending on crutches that many folks online depend on (and still sometimes lose).
I can see your point, but i disagree. Usually, if i find a game boring or frustating i quit, even if the game is the only fighting around. Why should i bother people online that enjoy the game with my rage and toxic behaviour? If i really hate the game and i am not having fun, but i still play it just because i can shit on random people online, well it's just nonsense.

Gaxkang

Banned
I can see your point, but i disagree. Usually, if i find a game boring or frustating i quit, even if the game is the only fighting around. Why should i bother people online that enjoy the game with my rage and toxic behaviour? If i really hate the game and i am not having fun, but i still play it just because i can shit on random people online, well it's just nonsense.
Folks given to loser toxicity, like the ones who takes the time to try to harass, or leave messages at people, they will probably be like that in whatever game they play. They keep playing probably with the hope of dunking on someone off a win sometime.
Some of these folks may play FPS games too...where toxicity is a thing too. And it carries over.

Winner toxicity, where someone exploits things about a gameplay design and know they are doing that, and get toxic about it. Instead of rage, it feeds their ego I guess.
If they happen to lose still, then they rage.

If an online fight is laggy, or if someone is playing in a way that takes advantage of the flaws of the gameplay, I just end up leaving and looking for another fight to see how that goes, Or I go back to single player heh.
I've done at least 900 online fights, to see how things go, what works, see any inconsistencies, see how the online condition holds up.

And some folks even get annoyed at losing to me, a Kano where there are no big combos happening, a lack of cheesy stuff, and just a lot of non-string, non-tricky mixup's.

Toxicity can be fun sometimes if you win. :D

Yesterday I played a fellow countryman and he wasn't aware that I understand every word of his (we're not english speakers by nature). He wasn't really talking shit, he was extremely unpleased with my character choice, told me to screw my character and he wasn't happy when I punished his Cassie with Krushing Blows. In the end he lost the neutral too, after I saw his tendencies I baited whiffs and punished his mistakes. He wasn't extremely rude but was very vocal about his displeasure.

I found the situation very funny because he had no idea I understood his words and I didn't want to be rude or insulting so it was actually fortunate that I ended our set with a Brutality. A Fatality probably would have been too much for him to take so a sudden end was a better fit for the both of us.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I didn't even know the term for Them? Lol

Why does everyone on league jump like crazy? Obviously lag prevents punish sometimes but why is everyone telegraphing every move that's more than 30 frames of disadvantage
Yes, they cut out the connection for a moment to lag you so you lose your advantage. If I catch someone do that I'll air glaive the fuck out of them.
Jumping is easy in MK games so people do it a lot. In SF jumps are a lot less beneficial and in SC they aren't really a thing.

craftycheese

I tried to throw a yo-yo away. It was impossible.
Just remember, people who teabag probably have low self esteem. Don't message them. If the message you, then they are reaching out and you should probably send them the suicide hotline number.