What's new

PSA: Toxic Players Online

I have played this jax two days ago i think that was on mic, commenting every shit happening. didn't party alone on ps4 so whatever.. he even said "i don't know frost i have never played her i don't know this mu" and well, i didn't go all in with strings etc. I was just saying to myself "well, i don't care even if i loose". So i lost 2 - 1 and he t bagged my ass and fatal me. I have to say, i have played fighting games since sf3 fightcade and i have lost to players using only standing punch in third strike but even then the enviroment was overall good and funny like fighting games should be. This, just feel like kiddies playing to steal oreo to each other, i don't care, and i am glad that i can turn the game off easily.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Today I was in a koth and right when it was my turn the dude started saying my psn name & "U suck, suck my d***". i got a flawless victory at the end, he and another player kept giving me 0 respect points everytime I won and when both of them were next they left the game. Is that normal in koth? Does that happen to anyone else? The person who beat me and became koth also got a 1 rating. I usually get this behavior in kasual mode or kasual koth, never in ranked or league. I agree with OP though, I only started being an MK fan like, 2016 ish? But online is kinda scaring me off a bit.
Yeah random KOTHS are pretty cancer. We almost play every evening if you wanna join us instead of subjecting yourself to this crap. I know we're full sometimes but if you're around at 7pm we'll have spots.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
NRS games by far have the most toxic casual player base out of all the fg scenes. I feel bad for the normal people with mk11 being their first fighting game and expecting cherries, roses and good vibes lol.
I've noticed that. When I played ranked in DOA6 no one even cued their mic to shout, or talk shit. No one T-bagged and mostly everyone I played sent GGs.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
I've noticed that. When I played ranked in DOA6 no one even cued their mic to shout, or talk shit. No one T-bagged and mostly everyone I played sent GGs.
I don't know what it is but I have always felt that NRS games are the COD of FG's they just attract them same people game after game. PC is nice though people never go through the trouble to send you a friend request to talk shit but you know its coming when you get that request.

Vslayer

Lead Moderator
I don't know what it is but I have always felt that NRS games are the COD of FG's they just attract them same people game after game. PC is nice though people never go through the trouble to send you a friend request to talk shit but you know its coming when you get that request.
It's probably the fact that it's meant for a mature audience and I'm gonna guess that most of the people who play and act like that aren't. They get some sort of feeling of dominance from beating you and they add to that feeling with fatalities. It's weird because if people don't talk shit I don't mind losing, but when they do I get so damn angry I'll t bag and fatal if I win. It just gets under my skin.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
It's probably the fact that it's meant for a mature audience and I'm gonna guess that most of the people who play and act like that aren't. They get some sort of feeling of dominance from beating you and they add to that feeling with fatalities. It's weird because if people don't talk shit I don't mind losing, but when they do I get so damn angry I'll t bag and fatal if I win. It just gets under my skin.
Yeah I agree for sure, I rarely get mad when I play I may get hella tilted trying to condition someone but never super salty. I stick to playing with friends but when I play randoms I have zero expectations and I am not a big ego person so little shit doesn't rattle me.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
I honestly think it's time for fatalities to go.
Who even cares about them at this point? Sure they've been a staple ever since MK existed but they get very old and very annoying after the first fucking time you've seen them. All they do is make the up the stakes in a toxic and rage inducing way, it's not just the fact that your character is getting gored because you couldn't cope with this dumb ass Kung Lao jumping and mashing d3 grab the whole game, it's the fact that I have to fucking watch it instead of just moving on to the next round/opponent.
Brutalities, though.. I don't know. They're a lot shorter so there's that, maybe if they added more and made the requirements more difficult, they'd be cool in a sense.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
Today I was in a koth and right when it was my turn the dude started saying my psn name & "U suck, suck my d***". i got a flawless victory at the end, he and another player kept giving me 0 respect points everytime I won and when both of them were next they left the game. Is that normal in koth? Does that happen to anyone else? The person who beat me and became koth also got a 1 rating. I usually get this behavior in kasual mode or kasual koth, never in ranked or league. I agree with OP though, I only started being an MK fan like, 2016 ish? But online is kinda scaring me off a bit.
Yes Koth is Toxic AF. I generally play sets with tournament players from my locals or ask TYM members to do some sets.

Back in MK9 my mail was filled with GG or can you practice the matchup with me requests.
Now its "Tryhard" "SuckMyDick" "Your Cheating" "Spammer".

I recommended you reach out to players on here to play some good games and learn matchups. I'm on XB1 if you want to practice/do sets or just share tech.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I honestly think it's time for fatalities to go.
Who even cares about them at this point? Sure they've been a staple ever since MK existed but they get very old and very annoying after the first fucking time you've seen them. All they do is make the up the stakes in a toxic and rage inducing way, it's not just the fact that your character is getting gored because you couldn't cope with this dumb ass Kung Lao jumping and mashing d3 grab the whole game, it's the fact that I have to fucking watch it instead of just moving on to the next round/opponent.
Brutalities, though.. I don't know. They're a lot shorter so there's that, maybe if they added more and made the requirements more difficult, they'd be cool in a sense.
So what you want is Fatality's to be the length of Brutalities or a speed up function?