What's new

"Prepare to be Astounded!" - Zatanna General Discussion Thread

August

yssalc sa lleh
Im confused no blocking or jumping during her trait? Its supposed to be a zoning trait right? Wont this make her trait useless against everyone with a teleport? Wont she get outzoned by other zoners easily?
Doesn't she have a move similar to Raven's db1 in her trait though? Otherwise, I agree. Luckily she seems to have an extremely versatile moveset without even considering her trait.

Or after you activate trait, you use that really sweet looking electric current move that surrounds you. Doesn't look like many moves are getting through that.

But go ahead and already predict trait is useless, when YOU HAVEN'T EVEN TOUCHED IT AND THE STREAM DIDN'T SHOW EVERYTHING!

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
So we can turn trait off whenever we want? If so, then I take back my above post. If not, then we've got an big job managing trait.

Ohh no I meant like you can do a combo from Normal stance and then cancel into her Trait and continue, but I'm not 100% sure because on activation I think you have to wait for her wand to full come out.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
Activating trait against Aquaman = FTD, GG.
Activating trait against Catwoman = MB Catdash, GG.
Activating trait against Hawkgirl = Mace charge, GG.
Activating trait against Killer Frost = Iceberg, GG.
Activating trait against Nightwing = MB Ground Blast, GG.
Activating trait against Raven = LOL
Activating trait against Superman = LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
AMEN

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Or after you activate trait, you use that really sweet looking electric current move that surrounds you. Doesn't look like many moves are getting through that.

But go ahead and already predict trait is useless, when YOU HAVEN'T EVEN TOUCHED IT AND THE STREAM DIDN'T SHOW EVERYTHING!

But if you can't block or jump
Nightwing: ground hit
Wonder Woman: Air downward tiara/demigodess
Superman: bye bye Zatanna
Hawkgirl: flight & mace toss/mace charge
Harley: Those fast af gunshots
Joker: the same as HQ
Catwoman: MB Cat dash
Martian Manhunter: teleport
Batgirl: teleport
Killer Frost: Iceberg/slide
Bane: armor
Grundy: Armor
Aquaman: ground trident

Well.. It seems useles... But we must find a way to make it work... If not we have ENOUGH tools to succeed with her ;) <3

If you jump during Dr.Seuss Stance, does she lose it then?
OR,
is she not allowed to jump during trait?

Does she lose trait if she blocks while in Dr.Seuss stance?
OR,
is she not allowed to block at all, and will be forced to take all hits?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
OR,

OR,
Maybe... But if that was possible they would have not put good chip on it.. Also even if we can cancel it there's a slow recovery, she even has a motion

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
OR,

OR,
Both of your jump guesses are possible, and she can definitely walk backwards. She just can be hit while walking backwards. They never mentioned if she can crouch?!?!?

But if you can't block or jump
Nightwing: ground hit
Wonder Woman: Air downward tiara/demigodess
Superman: bye bye Zatanna
Hawkgirl: flight & mace toss/mace charge
Harley: Those fast af gunshots
Joker: the same as HQ
Catwoman: MB Cat dash
Martian Manhunter: teleport
Batgirl: teleport
Killer Frost: Iceberg/slide
Bane: armor
Grundy: Armor
Aquaman: ground trident
Again, we don't know what she's capable of in Dr.Seuss. We don't know if she has an aegis reflector. Or if just pushing a button brings out the electric cage. What if she can setup a bunch of stuff in Dr.Seuss?

We don't know yet.

Only a few hours, though.

For all we know, she could have a move that creates a black hole in front of her and it stays out for a few seconds, making it impossible to attack her from the front.

Or her smoke and mirrors move, has a different property when used in Dr.Seuss.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
Guys, is there really anything in trait stance that's amazing anyway? Her zoning looks great without the trait. She also has a fireball that gives a free 50/50 mixup, a playing cards special move that blasts opponents away, a tracking move, and a steerable projectile. She also knows how to jump and block (and possibly crouch). Is trait even worth it?

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Again, we don't know what she's capable of in Dr.Seuss. We don't know if she has an aegis reflector. Or if just pushing a button brings out the electric cage. What if she can setup a bunch of stuff in Dr.Seuss?

We don't know yet.

Only a few hours, though.
Well yes! But with that i am a bit dissapointed of the trait atm!

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Guys we (the Zatanna community) must work together ahh! Tomorrow is our day ;) <3 I will start working on a BnB list as soon as she drops! If trait sucks who cares! She is solid! She seems Solid! So let's go & kick some asses with our magician

Her trait does have a Raven like projectile absorb move, also I'm pretty sure they said she can teleport while in trait. So maybe it's not too bad?