What's new

"Prepare to be Astounded!" - Zatanna General Discussion Thread

Komatose

The Prettiest
im excited for the charachter but the one guy seemed like i just want to get it over with when he started saying her moves are just meh here and there
Yeah. I think that was Slips. I'm not saying I wouldn't have liked to see more, but I saw enough to get me hype and learn a lot about the character especially all the moves we were speculating. Pretty much answered everything.

I'm not digging the No Blocking or Jumping during hat stance... Not on stream at least. Have to see the "compensation" if any exists.
Me either. Her zoning tools better be strong... Because not only can she not jump or block (which doesn't sound right), it's times... Not cool. Not cool at all. If her tools in that stance aren't good, then the trait will be useless to me.

tazzmission

Banned
Yeah. I think that was Slips. I'm not saying I wouldn't have liked to see more, but I saw enough to get me hype and learn a lot about the character especially all the moves we were speculating. Pretty much answered everything.

Me either. Her zoning tools better be strong... Because not only can she not jump or block (which doesn't sound right), it's times... Not cool. Not cool at all. If her tools in that stance aren't good, then the trait will be useless to me.

that smoke and mirrors move is trippy

i cant wait to see videos of stoners tripping out to that lol

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
I got into the stream late I think, so what exactly does her Ekoms dna srorrim move do? (Yes, you have to say all her special moves backwards, you aren't a real Zatanna fan if you don't. duh)
You can move around like normal in it. It's a special move an you can choose which one you are by your input. You can do full combos, but once you hit them it disappears

Komatose

The Prettiest
I got into the stream late I think, so what exactly does her Ekoms dna srorrim move do? (Yes, you have to say all her special moves backwards, you aren't a real Zatanna fan if you don't. duh)
It was that triple illusion. You can put in a direction to choose which one you will be and I believed it is timed. But you can jump and attack and everything in it so yeah.

Zatanna

Meterburned Interactable Master
No blocking or jumping during trait will probably stop me from using it much at all. I hear her rings can be a mid, overhead, or low, so that'll be my main zoning tool.

Komatose

The Prettiest
She looks very good! I am glad that her damage is low... I am glad that her stance is timed... She looks VERY BALANCED <3 love her, love her, love her so much. Not OP but she will be so good <3
And to be honest, her damage isn't even that low. 40% one bar? She's in there. <3

No blocking or jumping during trait will probably stop me from using it much at all. I hear her rings can be a mid, overhead, or low, so that'll be my main zoning tool.
Same. Like I said, her specials in that stance better be damn good.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
I main Raven, and IMO Zatanna plays and does just about the same damage as her :) Raven gets 44% 1 bar (for my BnB) and Zee can get 40% 1 bar. Gonna love her

"Smoke and Mirrors" is a great trick, but I'm disappointed the trait isn't a stance change. Anyone else? I mean if it deals out a fair amount of damage, whatever cool - but it seems to have more of a disadvantage if you aren't using it to perfection.

Still hyped tho.

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
"Smoke and Mirrors" is a great trick, but I'm disappointed the trait isn't a stance change. Anyone else? I mean if it deals out a fair amount of damage, whatever cool - but it seems to have more of a disadvantage if you aren't using it to perfection.

Still hyped tho.
Not only is her trait timed, but she can't block or jump in it. WHAT THE--

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
NO blocking during Hat stance will hopefully mean she can switch trait during a combo. Otherwise, trait will have to be activated with caution.
I hope she gets a defense boost during Hat stance if they took away both jump and block.

Zatanna

Meterburned Interactable Master

Still hyped tho.
It looks to be a huge disadvantage - the debuff is massive (no jumping or blocking). Judging by the lack of discussion I'm hearing here about her specials in that stance, I'm assuming that they didn't talk about them - which doesn't bode well for them.