What's new

"Prepare to be Astounded!" - Zatanna General Discussion Thread

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
I just thought of a bit of tech that further makes fireball into teleport better. If you do the non MB zombie trance (leaving their buttons reversed and random), then launch a fireball, and then teleport behind them.....I call that pretty much an unblockable. They have to walk forward to press backward to block the fireball, and then they have to press backward to walk forward to block your 50/50, and in the middle of the chaos, the effect may run out, so they'll be pressing forward to walk backward, but because it ran out, they're just walking forward into you.
I doubt that it will be an unblockable! Maybe teleport will be punisheable... Or at least they will be able to do something... If she has a vortex this would be dumb... Also when the fireball hits they are thrown far.. That means that if we wanna combo after it we must whit them first with B3

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
I doubt that it will be an unblockable! Maybe teleport will be punisheable... Or at least they will be able to do something... If she has a vortex this would be dumb... Also when the fireball hits they are thrown far.. That means that if we wanna combo after it we must whit them first with B3
Not literally an unblockable, but a crazy mind game that is hard to block. You're supposed to teleport as fireball would hit, and this is assuming fireball IS blocked.

KamkaziChicila

Harley & Zatana is all I need.
I just thought of a bit of tech that further makes fireball into teleport better. If you do the non MB zombie trance (leaving their buttons reversed and random), then launch a fireball, and then teleport behind them.....I call that pretty much an unblockable. They have to walk forward to press backward to block the fireball, and then they have to press backward to walk forward to block your 50/50, and in the middle of the chaos, the effect may run out, so they'll be pressing forward to walk backward, but because it ran out, they're just walking forward into you.

I love the idea, but it looks like the reverse only lasts 2-3 seconds so idk if you can MB fireball into teleport within all that time :/

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
I love the idea, but it looks like the reverse only lasts 2-3 seconds so idk if you can MB fireball into teleport within all that time :/
You can do a fast fireball, but the whole point is that they block the fireball, and they might still think the hex is on and walk toward you. Whatever, it could happen. It is a hit confirm anyways so the timing should be the same every time if it works.

badb

Noob
Not literally an unblockable, but a crazy mind game that is hard to block. You're supposed to teleport as fireball would hit, and this is assuming fireball IS blocked.
For some reason I feel all her stuff is mad unsafe, but in the first video she was able to do Arial moves after Arial Teleport if that gets timed to land +/- 5 frames of when the debuff ends will be hard to block. The showcase was another build though as she was a power character. If it lands would be a good time to do anything, like MB fireball.

Hope she builds meter fast as her non MB moves seem meh or unsafe. Maybe she has safe strings or a good safe combo starters - all depends on frame data (start up/on block) and range and hit boxes.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
Yes! It MAY be her vortex imo... But we must see if the teleport is good first! It seems pretty good atm! Also i guess thet the fireball will be escaped by air dash characters, Hawkgirl & let's see whoelse

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
Didin't you see in the gameplay that the fireball disappeared once? :c It will not last s much imo
It doesn't last forever, but you can make it go fast. It's basically Zod's Kryptonian Rifle but it expires. Except his doesn't lead to a vortex ;) Also, If they decide to crouch block the fireball they will have to immediately stand block if you use the overhead which goes into a low (they will have to crouch again). I feel it's a strong vortex, but it relies on the fireball being blocked. If not, they'll be blasted into nothingness.

EMPRESS_SunFire

Regina George of discord
It doesn't last forever, but you can make it go fast. It's basically Zod's Kryptonian Rifle but it expires. Except his doesn't lead to a vortex ;) Also, If they decide to crouch block the fireball they will have to immediately stand block if you use the overhead which goes into a low (they will have to crouch again). I feel it's a strong vortex, but it relies on the fireball being blocked. If not, they'll be blasted into nothingness.
Zatanna will need a vortex imo! She will depend so much on her meter... So i guess it won't be a meterless vortex... & from what i've seen that fireball will lead to her vortex imo! She needs it, i can see her as high tier at best considering her trait :c but well i don't wanna give more opinions until i play as her :)

xXstealthflameXx

Finding a Main
Also, while in her srorriM dna ekomS stance, you should jump in. They'll probably block a normal jump in, so make the actual Zatanna do a cross up. They won't know if it'll cross up or not. She has a lot of deceiving and mind game things.